marymary

in mtl for interview on wed and forgot my criminal record check!!!

16 posts in this topic

Is there anything I can do? The envelope is on top of my books at home in Winnipeg. I do not know why I forgot it. I'm stresed out. I was thinking of possibly having someone try to mail it to me tomorrow but I doubt I can get it in Montreal by Tuesday.

Is there anything I can do? The envelope is on top of my books at home in Winnipeg. I do not know why I forgot it. I'm stresed out. I was thinking of possibly having someone try to mail it to me tomorrow but I doubt I can get it in Montreal by Tuesday.

You'd have to get it overnighted with a courier, most likely... I don't know that the consulate would accept a faxed copy, but you could also try having it faxed to your hotel if the courier option isn't possible?

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They only accept original. Get someone to overnight it and hopefully you can get it in time.

If not you have to go to the interview without it and they will either turn you away and tell you to make another appointment when you are ready to or they will interview you and then put a hold on your visa application until they get the document.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

thanks for replies.

i just called fed ex they are open tomorrow but can only guarantee a wed noon delivery. Too bad my appointment is at 8:31am. Maybe if I overnight it to the office address? and come there with a faxed copy? UGH!!! officially kicking my own ####

thanks for replies.

i just called fed ex they are open tomorrow but can only guarantee a wed noon delivery. Too bad my appointment is at 8:31am. Maybe if I overnight it to the office address? and come there with a faxed copy? UGH!!! officially kicking my own ####

Edit: I can't read, apparently. That stinks, hopefully they'll let you submit it alter and getting it in so soon afterwards will make it speedy from there :(

Edited by ralyse

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Probably consulate specific but we had success in Moscow with a faxed copy.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline

I would suspect they would tell you that they cannot make a decision until they have the document in hand. Have them overnight courier it to you - even if your appointment is in the morning, let them know that it is on its way and ask if they will give you a slip to allow you to re-enter the Consulate in the afternoon and hand-deliver it to them. That is probably the most reasonable course of action under the circumstances., They aren't going to turn you away because you don't have the police report. They just won't be able to make any sort of decision until they get it but will probably proceed with the interview.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I would suspect they would tell you that they cannot make a decision until they have the document in hand. Have them overnight courier it to you - even if your appointment is in the morning, let them know that it is on its way and ask if they will give you a slip to allow you to re-enter the Consulate in the afternoon and hand-deliver it to them. That is probably the most reasonable course of action under the circumstances., They aren't going to turn you away because you don't have the police report. They just won't be able to make any sort of decision until they get it but will probably proceed with the interview.

thanks that gives me some hope. it does not help that tomorrow is a holiday!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks that gives me some hope. it does not help that tomorrow is a holiday!

My wife was able to overnight me a document from DC to MTL no problem. And if you have to go back in the afternoon to drop it off, no biggy!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• 3 weeks later...

My wife was able to overnight me a document from DC to MTL no problem. And if you have to go back in the afternoon to drop it off, no biggy!!

I actually went without it and it wasn't a big deal. (i was surprised).I was approved!! yay! I'm just waiting for my passport. What's my next step to get a work permit?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I actually went without it and it wasn't a big deal. (i was surprised).I was approved!! yay! I'm just waiting for my passport. What's my next step to get a work permit?

phew!! glad it went well.

After your POE then its on to Adjustment of Status (Green Card) and Work Authorization. You have to file an I-485 for your Green Card, the forms and instructions for which can be found here:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3faf2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

In conjunction with that filing you can file an I-765, which is the employment authorization. You will want to do this because a Green Card can take a very long time, over a year in some cases, but work authorization can be obtained in about 3 months (no experience, just what I've read). The I-765 form and instructions can be found here:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=7d316c0b4c3bf110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

I am about to start the AOS process myself, as my fiancee arrives tomorrow!!

12/3/10 - I-129f mailed to Texas

12/10/10 - NOA1 - Petition off to California

04/14/11 - NOA2

04/25/11 - NVC sent petition to Montreal

05/02/11 - Montreal receipt, Packet 3 sent

05/04/11 - P3 docs off to Montreal

05/05/11 - P3 docs delivered to Montreal

05/09/11 - P3 logged in Montreal and Packet 4 sent

08/03/11 - Interview - APPROVED

08/05/11 - Visa Issued (Printed)

08/17/11 - Visa-in-hand

08/18/11 - POE

Timeline

Glad it worked out. Which visa did you get? k1 or CR-1? I havent had enough coffee yet this morn and I dont see that info listed,lol If its the Cr-1/IR-1 it already has work authorization and one is good to go!! Some wait for their SSN, but thats not necessary, the employer will just hold ur pay until your SSN arrives

K1 is a different story, everyone has different opinions on that, since I didn't go the k1 route, I wont post on that. But more or less some say apply for EAD right away, some say dont. cheers

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Go to your appointment. They won't be able to say whether they can issue your visa or not because of the missing information, but if you tell them you will have the document in a matter of hours (or less than 3 days), they will give you a pass so you can come back and deliver it personally at the consulate.

If you have to mail it to them later, your package will go through their mail room and it's at least 4 weeks delay before they can do anything with it.

Good luck!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

Go to your appointment. They won't be able to say whether they can issue your visa or not because of the missing information, but if you tell them you will have the document in a matter of hours (or less than 3 days), they will give you a pass so you can come back and deliver it personally at the consulate.

If you have to mail it to them later, your package will go through their mail room and it's at least 4 weeks delay before they can do anything with it.

Good luck!

She got her visa. Done deal!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.