6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I got my I-130 approved in 22 days for my wife. She lives overseas and i am residence in USA. What is the next step. I understand that takes up to 30days to process my case in NVC located in New Hampshire.

My question is. I want NVC to mail package here in USA at my residence to avoid all delays and save some time in processing. And i want them to be in contact with me while visa is pending.How can it be done and can it be done. Because i am my wife sponsor and we do not apply an attorney for our visa processing. Any help is appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got my I-130 approved in 22 days for my wife. She lives overseas and i am residence in USA. What is the next step. I understand that takes up to 30days to process my case in NVC located in New Hampshire.

My question is. I want NVC to mail package here in USA at my residence to avoid all delays and save some time in processing. And i want them to be in contact with me while visa is pending.How can it be done and can it be done. Because i am my wife sponsor and we do not apply an attorney for our visa processing. Any help is appreciated.

You got approve in 22 days how is that possible?

Grats! That was a fast approval!

There's currently a backlog at NVC, and instead of taking a week or two to getting a case number assigned, it's been taking almost a month. Wait about a week from your NOA2 date and then start calling NVC.

Once you do get your case number, give them both of your email addresses (petitioner's and beneficiary's). That way, all correspondence is received by email instead of by snail mail, so it'll be much faster.

In the meantime, I'd suggest reading the guides, so you know what paperwork you need for the next two packages. I'd suggest:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I did not speed anything. Just filled everything with my I-130 application. But did send dvd video with wedding party and photos. 22 days is fast enough but not too fast. My wife is 5 month pregnant right now.Not much time is left to bring her over. I will wait another week before calling NVC for case number.

Thanks for posting this topic, I couldn't believe that you got approved in 22 days... I just had to check the USCIS website with my receipt number and we were approved!!! I didn't get a text or an email though but we were approved on 7/31. 45 days.

Thank you VSC - definitely not slow!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.