NavyGuy

k-1 Address confusion

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello everyone I am Active duty US military. I am on deployment in Japan, and my time is coming to an end. I am scheduled to move back to the states in 5 months and my fiance and I want to start the K-1 paperwork now so by the time I get moved back into America we will not have to wait an additional 5-8 months.

My problem is this, we started to fill out the petition paperwork for the K-1 Visa, and it asks for my address. My current address is government housing in japan, and they want an American place of residence. Will any housing work? (Parents, Sister or brother in the states) Is there any way I can explain to them that I will not have American housing for another 5 months? (I do not want to wait to begin the process, I want to start as soon as possible)

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone I am Active duty US military. I am on deployment in Japan, and my time is coming to an end. I am scheduled to move back to the states in 5 months and my fiance and I want to start the K-1 paperwork now so by the time I get moved back into America we will not have to wait an additional 5-8 months.

My problem is this, we started to fill out the petition paperwork for the K-1 Visa, and it asks for my address. My current address is government housing in japan, and they want an American place of residence. Will any housing work? (Parents, Sister or brother in the states) Is there any way I can explain to them that I will not have American housing for another 5 months? (I do not want to wait to begin the process, I want to start as soon as possible)

Thank you!

You can use your parents address fro postage issues. You can explain that you will have housing when you return to US but this is mainly for mailing purposes. Where it asks where your fiance will live you can write a letter of explanation there.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Have you looked into marrying now and applying for a spousal visa directly with the embassy (referred to as DCF, Direct Consular Filing)? It's often a quicker process and she would be an LPR upon entry to the US. No adjustment of status, she would have the authorization to work.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Have you looked into marrying now and applying for a spousal visa directly with the embassy (referred to as DCF, Direct Consular Filing)? It's often a quicker process and she would be an LPR upon entry to the US. No adjustment of status, she would have the authorization to work.

I am not familiar with a DCF, is this akin to the K-3 spousal visa? Not to mention it will be around 4 months before I can take another trip to meet her and we can finalize the marriage. (So it will be atleast that long before I can even begin the process of the spoouse.)

Thanks for your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am not familiar with a DCF, is this akin to the K-3 spousal visa? Not to mention it will be around 4 months before I can take another trip to meet her and we can finalize the marriage. (So it will be atleast that long before I can even begin the process of the spoouse.)

Thanks for your help!

My error, I thought that you were living in the same country at present. The DCF would not be an option for you.

Use a parent's address or some other address in the US where you can have the mail forwarded/sent to you.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.