Chip9

Evidence of Relationship

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

First of all, I think this is a terrific site! I'm still in the planning phase with my girlfriend overseas (Philippines). One information I'm curious about as I was looking through the fiance visa application form is the evidence of relationship. What exactly is the National Visa Center and the US embassy asking for besides pictures of us being together physically? We have the pictures but what other evidence can we provide for that requirement to prevent any denials or delays? Would letters to each other also suffice for such requirement? I'm assuming emails would not be valid as an evidence of relationship. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

In your application, you only need information to support that you have met during the last 2 years. Pictures, receipts, boarding passes. Some people include relationship evidence too. Emails are ok, letters, cards, etc.

Good luck,

Jim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI and welcome. As you read you will see people bring up the term primary and secondary evidence. The stamp on your passport page, plane tickets, hotel receipts anything that shows the two of you were in the same country together are what are sometimes referred to as "primary evidence" Photos of you together support these things. Additional evidence of ongoing relationship includes letters but people have also sent in chat logs and e-mails and phone logs (we did) as additional "support". The requirement is that you must have physically met within two years of applying for the I-129F so that is what they want proof of. Many of us sent in all the extra stuff because when it gets to the embassy they have more information on hand about you and it seems to help in the process.The K-1 guides are very helpful. Good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Welcome to the VJ. I think the above posts mentioned all what you need to support your relationship. However one thing to mention, there is one thing mostly the embassy will look at. they call it ongoing relationship. which means between the application time and the interview time. Since you have the chance to develop the evidences, you should have to think about communicating with the fiancee sufficiently with email, phone calls, gifts and others.

Good luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

HI and welcome. As you read you will see people bring up the term primary and secondary evidence. The stamp on your passport page, plane tickets, hotel receipts anything that shows the two of you were in the same country together are what are sometimes referred to as "primary evidence" Photos of you together support these things. Additional evidence of ongoing relationship includes letters but people have also sent in chat logs and e-mails and phone logs (we did) as additional "support". The requirement is that you must have physically met within two years of applying for the I-129F so that is what they want proof of. Many of us sent in all the extra stuff because when it gets to the embassy they have more information on hand about you and it seems to help in the process.The K-1 guides are very helpful. Good luck.

Thank you all for the helpful feedbacks. Much appreciated! I'm still unsure of one thing though. When I turn in the actual application to the National Visa Center, do I turn in all the evidences that were stated above (ie pictures, passport, plane tickets, hotel receipts) or are those evidences mainly for the interview process with my fiancee in the U.S. embassy? I am certain that I at least have to turn in a picture of us together within two years upon application. Again, thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

First of all, I think this is a terrific site! I'm still in the planning phase with my girlfriend overseas (Philippines). One information I'm curious about as I was looking through the fiance visa application form is the evidence of relationship. What exactly is the National Visa Center and the US embassy asking for besides pictures of us being together physically? We have the pictures but what other evidence can we provide for that requirement to prevent any denials or delays? Would letters to each other also suffice for such requirement? I'm assuming emails would not be valid as an evidence of relationship. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

You mention the visa application and NVC. These are things that will come into play after your initial 129F petition would be approved.

First you will become engaged, and then you file a 129F petition for a fiancee visa. See guide here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

You will prove you are both free to marry, and that you have met in person within the last 2 years of filing. You will use copies of boarding passes, hotel and ATM receipts, and passport stamps to show primary evidence of being together in person. You can use photos of you together and with friends and family that were taken during the times you were together. This is secondary evidence to back up the fact that you were really there with your fiance at the times shown on your boarding passes and passport stamps. Please read over the guides and the instructions for the 129F. The address you mail the petition to is listed in the 129F instructions.

After the petition is approved, it will be sent to the NVC, and from there onto her local consulate where she will turn in visa application forms and have an interview. See flowchart here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

You will need to provide her with an I-134 affidavit of support form, and the financial documents that go along with that. You can search for what exactly is required here on VJ. You will provide phone records, chat logs, emails, snail mails, more photos, etc. to show proof of an ongoing relationship.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.