EMILIA12

ROC & GREEN CARD COPY

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Sorry for asking same question, I'm filling for ROC next months and have a few questions

the green card copy of the two sides back and front should be on the same paper??? or two different papers?

I have this evidence ready, is it enough???

-Joint Lease agreements ( past and recent )

- Bank of America joint account statements starting from 12/2009 .

- Bank of America Joint credit card statements starting 03/2011.

- Capitalone credit card statements with a letter from capitol one confirming me as an authorized user (plus of course the two credit cards ).

- utility bills with old and new address.

- Photos together

- Phone bills back to 2009 with my name , husband, father in law and mother in law on it

-Joint tax returns for past two years.

- Boarding passes and also flight tickets for a trip back home last April.

- Tickets for my mother in law and father in law visiting us during our trip in April 2011

-internet bill at our current address.

- copies of old checks with both names for normal utilities and also rent for few months.

- a statement for our CD savings account with both names on it.

- post card from my husband's uncle sending it from South Africa when he was at the world cup

-letters from friends

- old copies of checks under our both names (paying rent, utilies, etc))

I do have my ID with my old address and my husband's licence with our same address should I include it???

do you think this is enough???

Edited by EMILIA12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

As long as your evidence supports your blending of financial and personal lives from marriage/AOS through the present -- which yours seems to do -- you'll be fine.

When I copied my wife's green card, I did the front on one page, the back on another page, cut the image off the second page, and taped it onto the first page. No big deal how you do it, as long as front & back are copied. :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your evidence seems great. I had less to submit than yours. I have always submitted copies on the same page. No need to stack up your pile of papers.

Good Luck!

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Your evidence seems great. I had less to submit than yours. I have always submitted copies on the same page. No need to stack up your pile of papers.

Good Luck!

ONE MORE QUESTION

Should I just put my papers in order using paper clips for each pile, or do i need folders??

ANY IDEAS?

Well that's pretty much the way I've always done for our packets (K1, AOS and ROC). I write a cover note with a bullet pointed list of sections ("Form I-whatever' then sections for evidence: 'ID documents', 'finances', 'photos', etc, etc) and use paper clips to separate the evidence for each section, with a piece of paper at the front of each section listing what it contains in more detail.

As I understand it though, one of the very first things they do with your file is re-arrange it according to their own system and put it into a top-punched file folder so whether it makes any difference is questionable. I'd still do it that way again though, myself, if only because it made it easier for me to check through the file and make sure everything was as I wanted it.

Edited by JeremyR

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had everything in order and then used one giant paper clip. Kept the Cover letter on the top with the check on top of the cover letter. The first thing they want to see is the MONEY before touching your file. B-)

IR5 For Parent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.