Arle

Hello Romania!!!

672 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
Hello fellow Romanian couples. Let's make this thread active again. I am currently waiting on a K-1 visa for my Romanian fiance. We just got approved on 10/31/07 and are waiting for it to go the NVC. I know there are at least a few of other couples going through the process right now and maybe our fiances will be able to share experiences. To all the couples who have already made it through their journey congratulations and your wisdom on the process is appreciated.

Yeah, that would be great to make this active again! Our K-1 petition is on the way to Bucharest...hopefully it will arrive sometime this next week! Florin is going to get his police certificate tomorrow as well as his passport photos, so I think we have just about everything done! He needs to schedule his medical exam, but I think he will wait until he picks up Packet 3. If anyone has any hints/tips/advice for the interview, I would love to hear them!

~Laurel :)

Timeline:

5/2/07 - Mailed petition to Nebraska Service Center

5/7/07 - Received Petition in Nebraska

5/30/07 - NOA1 - Petition at CSC

9/19/07 - Approved!! NOA2 - 140 days from filing!!!

9/24/07 - Hardcopy NOA2 received

10/29/07 - Sent to NVC - 40 Days from NOA2

10/31/07 - Case received at NVC - Happy Halloween!

11/02/07 - Case left NVC - Yay!

11/08/07 - Case received in Bucharest - picked up Packet 3 from embassy

11/09/07 - Received NVC Letter

11/12/07 - Medical exam

11/19/07 - Interview - success! Visa in hand!

11/21/07 - POE Seattle

1/19/08 - Marriage

2/2/08 - Applied for AOS, AP, EAD

2/8/08 - Received all 3 NOA1's

2/29/08 - Biometrics

3/18/08 - AP and EAD approved, card production ordered

3/24/08 - Received AP in the mail

3/25/08 - EAD card sent in the mail

3/27/08 - EAD received

9/19/08 - Received interview letter - FINALLY!!!

10/17/08 - Interview 11am

10/27/08 - Card Production Ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hi, i am from Romania too and waiting for approval after having sent rfe...let's make this thread active again! :dance:

I-129F Sent .......... 2007-05-29 toNSC, then forwarded to CSC

I-129F NOA1 ........ 2007-06-15

I-129F RFE(s) ........ 2007-10-18 (very bad day, yak)

RFE Reply(s) ......... 2007-11-06

Touch.................... 2007-11-07

Touch.................... 2007-11-09

Denied 2007-12-14 because of missing divorce paper. Lawyer swears she sent it and we will file motion to reopen file ...how long?

Filed motion to reopen file a week later

Approved 2008-01-12

Interview at Embassy in Bucharest 2008-03-14 - Approved!!!!!!!!

Entry in the USA 2008-05-01

Married 2008-06-21 (hubby almost broke his ankle and a black bird hit our windshield while driving to the courthouse hahah!

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Green card received w/o interview on 2008-12-09

Timeline
Hello fellow Romanian couples. Let's make this thread active again. I am currently waiting on a K-1 visa for my Romanian fiance. We just got approved on 10/31/07 and are waiting for it to go the NVC. I know there are at least a few of other couples going through the process right now and maybe our fiances will be able to share experiences. To all the couples who have already made it through their journey congratulations and your wisdom on the process is appreciated.

Yeah, that would be great to make this active again! Our K-1 petition is on the way to Bucharest...hopefully it will arrive sometime this next week! Florin is going to get his police certificate tomorrow as well as his passport photos, so I think we have just about everything done! He needs to schedule his medical exam, but I think he will wait until he picks up Packet 3. If anyone has any hints/tips/advice for the interview, I would love to hear them!

congratulations on having your papers out of nvx, you lucky one! you will have the hollydays in USA ! oh god help the rest of us who are still waiting for USCIS to approve and send our papers!

Hi, it's my first post here but I intend to continue:-) I am from Bucharest, still waiting for the Vermont approval. Good luck with all the packets and interviews, I look forward to finding details from you as things are happening.

poate ne intalnim in Bucuresti :yes:

Denied 2007-12-14 because of missing divorce paper. Lawyer swears she sent it and we will file motion to reopen file ...how long?

Approved 2008-01-12

Married 2008-06-21 (hubby almost broke his ankle and a black bird hit our windshield while driving to the courthouse hahah!

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Timeline
Hi, it's my first post here but I intend to continue:-) I am from Bucharest, still waiting for the Vermont approval. Good luck with all the packets and interviews, I look forward to finding details from you as things are happening.

Noroc Larisa! I hope you will get some good news soon! Maybe even before Christmas :) I'm going to call the embassy tomorrow to see if they have our petition - I think my fiance is getting nervous now :) But we have all of our paperwork ready, so he should be just fine. I can't wait for this to be over and for us to be together!

I'll keep you guys posted!

~Laurel

congratulations on having your papers out of nvx, you lucky one! you will have the hollydays in USA ! oh god help the rest of us who are still waiting for USCIS to approve and send our papers!

Hi Laura, I hope you get your rfe response soon. That's hard when they add a delay in an already long process. But I'm sure you will get some good news too! Keep us posted!

Timeline:

11/12/07 - Medical exam

11/21/07 - POE Seattle

1/19/08 - Marriage

2/29/08 - Biometrics

3/27/08 - EAD received

Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm happy to see you've joined in this thread. I called the CSC to see if my petition had been mailed to the NVC yet. I was just approved on 10/31, but I was hoping that maybe it went out since I saw a touch on my account on 11/4. The lady says it hasn't gone out yet and that it can take a month for them to send it out. But I'm kind of getting mixed messages because the time before that when I called I was told it takes 1-2 weeks and that they are getting caught up on their backlog. So who knows. Good luck to all who are still waiting on their approvals. Maybe if we keep our fingers crossed the CSC/NVC will speed up and we can be with our loved ones by New Years.

Filed: Timeline

Noroc Larisa! I hope you will get some good news soon! Maybe even before Christmas :) I'm going to call the embassy tomorrow to see if they have our petition - I think my fiance is getting nervous now :) But we have all of our paperwork ready, so he should be just fine. I can't wait for this to be over and for us to be together!

I'll keep you guys posted!

~Laurel

Hi Laura, I hope you get your rfe response soon. That's hard when they add a delay in an already long process. But I'm sure you will get some good news too! Keep us posted!

Laurel, hi, we wish you two the best of luck - I can imagine he is nervous, but he will be fine. So do I get that you have completed all packages? Are these packages sent one at a time? I have no idea what they contain too. You guys have high chances of spending Christmas together and we wish you this to happen. All the best to all. Larisa

Timeline

hurray! on nov 6 our case processing has resumed!!!! hoping for approval soon! god i hope nvc and CSC speed up their things! good luck to everyone!

good luck on his interview! hope everything goes really good and you will tel us all about it too! :dance:

Approved 2008-01-12

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Timeline

here is a list of questions that can be in a K-1 interview! hope it helps! :thumbs:

Answers_to_K1_visa_questions__very_useful.doc

Approved 2008-01-12

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Timeline

Hi Larisa,

Yes, we have everything for the interview except for Florin's medical exam, which he will schedule as soon as he gets Packet 3. VisaJourney has a list of things you need for the interview, but I also emailed the embassy directly. Their address is visasbucharest@state.gov and they were very helpful. They sent me the checklist of documents so we were able to prepare. I'm attaching the checklist for you to see. Once the petition arrives at the embassy they will send you Packet 3 which contains the checklist as well as some other forms you will have to fill out. Once you have everything on the checklist, you sign it and return it to the embassy. Then they will schedule your interview. One thing to note...get your police report early because it can take a few days. My fiance lives in Bucuresti and had to make an appointment to get his. He went this last Monday to get it, but had to make an appointment and will return on Thursday. It used to only take one day, but they changed it now.

I found out today that the embassy received the electronic version of our case, so that means our paperwork should be there soon! I will keep you posted!

O zi buna! :)

Laurel

post-30832-1194461511_thumb.jpg

post-30832-1194461532_thumb.jpg

Edited by Musicgirl0912

Timeline:

11/12/07 - Medical exam

11/21/07 - POE Seattle

1/19/08 - Marriage

2/29/08 - Biometrics

3/27/08 - EAD received

Filed: Timeline
Hi Larisa,

Yes, we have everything for the interview except for Florin's medical exam, which he will schedule as soon as he gets Packet 3. VisaJourney has a list of things you need for the interview, but I also emailed the embassy directly. Their address is visasbucharest@state.gov and they were very helpful. They sent me the checklist of documents so we were able to prepare. I'm attaching the checklist for you to see. Once the petition arrives at the embassy they will send you Packet 3 which contains the checklist as well as some other forms you will have to fill out. Once you have everything on the checklist, you sign it and return it to the embassy. Then they will schedule your interview. One thing to note...get your police report early because it can take a few days. My fiance lives in Bucuresti and had to make an appointment to get his. He went this last Monday to get it, but had to make an appointment and will return on Thursday. It used to only take one day, but they changed it now.

I found out today that the embassy received the electronic version of our case, so that means our paperwork should be there soon! I will keep you posted!

O zi buna! :)

Laurel

Laurel, hi, thank you for answering. I see that your Romanian is improving fast:-) We are a bit worried about the present stage with these delays. Thank you for telling me about scheduling an appointment at the Police. I live in Bucuresti - has he requested this document from the central Police office or from all the districts he lived in? anyway, please tell me this only if you can find out it easily, I can imagine you are under stress too. but everything will be ok and fingers very crossed.

Timeline

My fiance' called the Embassy today---they mailed out Packet 3 last Friday Nov 2, but he hasn't gotten it yet. We are so hoping he will get it tomorrow. I am dying to find out his interview date so I can have something new to obsess about! :blink::blink:

“Why do the righteous suffer?” someone asked C.S. Lewis. He replied: “They are the only ones that can handle it.”

K-1 Visa:

May 4, 2007: Filed I 129-F at CSC

May 24, 2007: NOA 1

Sept. 20, 2007: APPROVAL NOA 2 !!! (Day 139)

Sept. 24, 2007: Hard copy NOA 2 received in mail

Oct. 25, 2007: Papers arrived at NVC

Oct. 29, 2007: Papers left NVC: enroute to Bucharest YAY!!

Nov. 2, 2007: Packet 3 mailed from embassy

Nov. 8, 2007: Packet 3 received, medical and interview scheduled by phone

Nov. 12, 2007: Medical appointment completed

Nov. 13, 2007: Interview in Bucharest: VISA APPROVED!!

JANUARY 12, 2008: THE WEDDING

AOS:

Dec.31, 2007: Filed AOS/EAD/AP via mail

Jan. 30, 2008: Biometrics appointment

March 11, 2008: EAD/travel document approval via email

Case transferred to CSC (date unknown)

May 12, 2008: AOS approval email!!

May 22, 2008: Green card received

Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt I love you. (W. Shakespeare)

Timeline
My fiance' called the Embassy today---they mailed out Packet 3 last Friday Nov 2, but he hasn't gotten it yet. We are so hoping he will get it tomorrow. I am dying to find out his interview date so I can have something new to obsess about! :blink::blink:

i heard about many people who have picked package 3 up from the embassy themselves.. is it possible to do that?

Approved 2008-01-12

Filed for AOS 2008-07-02

Timeline

i heard about many people who have picked package 3 up from the embassy themselves.. is it possible to do that?

Yes--we tried to catch the papers but the embassy had already mailed them out when we called!!!! The NVC sent them on a Monday and by Friday they were already in and out of the embassy. If we'd only known........we'd have saved a few days. But, hopefully he will get them tomorrow. Otherwise, he plans to go to Bucharest and pick up a duplicate package. The lady said he needed to give it one week for the mail to arrive before he came in to get a duplicate package. After almost 8 months, what's one week, I guess!!! :wacko::wacko: But I have to say that things are going SO much more quickly and yes, have to agree with Laurel that the embassy has been SO helpful and polite when we contacted them.

(F)(L)(F)(L)

“Why do the righteous suffer?” someone asked C.S. Lewis. He replied: “They are the only ones that can handle it.”

K-1 Visa:

May 4, 2007: Filed I 129-F at CSC

May 24, 2007: NOA 1

Sept. 20, 2007: APPROVAL NOA 2 !!! (Day 139)

Sept. 24, 2007: Hard copy NOA 2 received in mail

Oct. 25, 2007: Papers arrived at NVC

Oct. 29, 2007: Papers left NVC: enroute to Bucharest YAY!!

Nov. 2, 2007: Packet 3 mailed from embassy

Nov. 8, 2007: Packet 3 received, medical and interview scheduled by phone

Nov. 12, 2007: Medical appointment completed

Nov. 13, 2007: Interview in Bucharest: VISA APPROVED!!

JANUARY 12, 2008: THE WEDDING

AOS:

Dec.31, 2007: Filed AOS/EAD/AP via mail

Jan. 30, 2008: Biometrics appointment

March 11, 2008: EAD/travel document approval via email

Case transferred to CSC (date unknown)

May 12, 2008: AOS approval email!!

May 22, 2008: Green card received

Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt I love you. (W. Shakespeare)

Timeline

Laurel, hi, thank you for answering. I see that your Romanian is improving fast:-) We are a bit worried about the present stage with these delays. Thank you for telling me about scheduling an appointment at the Police. I live in Bucuresti - has he requested this document from the central Police office or from all the districts he lived in? anyway, please tell me this only if you can find out it easily, I can imagine you are under stress too. but everything will be ok and fingers very crossed.

Hi Larisa,

I'll have to ask him where he went and I will let you know. He has lived in sector 6 since he was a little boy so he may have went to that district office. But, I will find out :)

I've been working on learning Romanian, but it takes a lot of time. Hopefully Florin will help me when he is here. I know a lot of words and can understand a lot, but it really takes practice! Especially the grammar! :wacko::) It's a beautiful language though and I'm definitely going to keep working at it :)

Laura, yes, you for sure can pick it up from the embassy. I emailed them and they said to call and make an appointment to pick it up. The problem, like pedsgirl mentioned, is that you have to catch them before they send it, and sometimes they are very quick! But, I'm going to call them tomorrow morning and see if ours is there. I might email them again too, just to make sure. I will let you all know what information I find.

I'm not too stressed just yet...I know we have everything ready and I'm sure Florin will do just fine. I'm just so excited to be near the finish line. I can't wait to see him (L)

Pedsgirl, I'm sure Daniel will get his paperwork soon :) I wonder if he can at least get the checklist and turn that back in...that's all they need to schedule his interview (I think...)

Timeline:

11/12/07 - Medical exam

11/21/07 - POE Seattle

1/19/08 - Marriage

2/29/08 - Biometrics

3/27/08 - EAD received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.