Inky

Applied for new Canadian passport today.

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm usually really patient but for this i'm impatient! I don't like being without my original documents nor my passport.. it feels weird having to mail away my Canadian passport which is really my only piece of evidence of being from Canada lol.

Minnew just mailed hers off today as well!

No charge to my account yet for the payment which is kind of nice to see part of the government not ripping money out from my hands before I can get it from my purse lol.

Mailed 07/18

Arrived 07/19

Nothin as of yet~ 07/20

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Mailed 07/18

Arrived 07/19

Nothin as of yet~ 07/20

Credit Card first charged 07/27

It doesn't say the name of who charged and doesn't say that I owe money yet but it shows the deduction from the credit balance and it equates to the price of the passport. Yay! hopefully this means its soon finished?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mailed 07/18

Arrived 07/19

Nothin as of yet~ 07/20

It doesn't say the name of who charged and doesn't say that I owe money yet but it shows the deduction from the credit balance and it equates to the price of the passport. Yay! hopefully this means its soon finished?

They charged me about a week after I sent it also! Took them 3 more weeks for me, but looks like others have had it back within 2 weeks afterwards.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

They charged me about a week after I sent it also! Took them 3 more weeks for me, but looks like others have had it back within 2 weeks afterwards.

Can I "carefully assume" they accepted the pictures that were sent with it? or is there still a chance they would reject it. Had a lot of trouble getting the pictures done here in the middle of nowhere. I included a small note to the effect as well.

Timeline

Can I "carefully assume" they accepted the pictures that were sent with it? or is there still a chance they would reject it. Had a lot of trouble getting the pictures done here in the middle of nowhere. I included a small note to the effect as well.

I wouldn't yet. I had actually put down my in-laws address as my mailing address because my mailbox in my apartment is small and we're never home for signatures. They called me to ask what address that was and said that I couldn't use it because they can't send it to a third party address. Oddly they were okay with sending it to my workplace address instead. I got that phone call about a week before I received it back, so likely they process the cheques first, then send them to people to review and process.

I'm sure you'll hear back soon though.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I wouldn't yet. I had actually put down my in-laws address as my mailing address because my mailbox in my apartment is small and we're never home for signatures. They called me to ask what address that was and said that I couldn't use it because they can't send it to a third party address. Oddly they were okay with sending it to my workplace address instead. I got that phone call about a week before I received it back, so likely they process the cheques first, then send them to people to review and process.

I'm sure you'll hear back soon though.

okey dokey, i'm keeping solace in the fact that my moms photos on her recent renewal were HORRIBLE! if I was processing it I would have out right rejected the photos but hers they didn't so hope hope they don't reject mine or i will be angry since mine look like passport photos lol. My moms photos were so dark and they were taking " too high " as per the guides etc and they came out even darker on the passport page, you can barely tell its her really.

Timeline

Charge officially went through on my CC now.

So far its

10$ for passport photos

40$ for UPS

102.62 USD for the passport application charge. Was 97.00$ CDN.

----

152.62 so far for new passport. lol

Timeline

Apparently Fedex came and never rang my bell just stuck a note on the door saying sorry we missed you! So now I have to wait till 6pm tonite to find out what it was and drive 30 mins to go pick it up.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with PPC because its the only thing I have done with a courier service.

Minnew got a Fedex yesterday saying that her photos are rejected so i'm now wondering if mine are rejected also.

Mailed 07/18

Arrived 07/19

Nothin as of yet~ 07/20

Fedex packet 08/03 ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The cdn passport people are super picky about photos!! Shadowing I guess is a huge no-no!! I guess not to wear anything white or light colors.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

The cdn passport people are super picky about photos!! Shadowing I guess is a huge no-no!! I guess not to wear anything white or light colors.

The main issue is, here they don't cut it to Canadian size and they don't put a stamp on the back of the place and address like PPC requires.. I checked a few different places and none of them put a stamp on the back! They say its not required for PP photos in the USA so they don't have stamps or anything..

I did have the woman write on the back of it the address and name of the photo shop, she also put the date on it. Other then that the photo seemed well done save for a bit of hair that was on my shoulder.

Ill post later tonite as to the result of what the fedex is.

Timeline

Finally got through the lines at Fedex.

It was my passport not a rejection! yay.

The issue date on it is august 1st 2011 so basically mailed it July 18 and they printed Aug 1st and I got it back on Aug 3rd.

It looks completely different from my passport I got in 2009.

2 things concern me, they left my middle name off the passport this time and on all my others(expired previous ones) the middle name is on it? is that a problem?

second thing is.. on every page of my brand new passport theres some kind of dotted number burned on every page? Is anyone elses new passports like that? None of my previous passports have had this on it. Its like dots that make up letters and numbers with little brown marks around the dots.

Got the new photos and the guy at a different WalGreens was able to cut them to size even making sure the head measurements were right. If they don't accept these ones that will be mailed off tomorrow I don't know what to say! Another $40 in shipping via UPS! *smacks head* This passport process is costing me!! Super thankful Inky was able to resign my guarantor stuff tonight! :)

I hate FedEx I don't know how many times they have said they "attempted delivery" when we were home and saw them drive right past. Passport stuff didn't have a tracking that i knew of but when we were expecting something thats what they would do! Bunch of liers!!Yesterday they left a slip at my door...i was home ALL morning...I work in the afternoon..upon leaving for work saw the damn slip sticking out the door. 10 am this morning the truck actually came by...and STOPPED. :lol:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Mine has those dotted numbers, either punched with a hot needle or lasered through the back cover right up to but not including the id page and front cover. That and the numbers on the pages' edges make it way more difficult to splice in pages from another passport. my previous passport from 4.5 years ago didn't have that, but it makes to document noticeably more secure.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got the new photos and the guy at a different WalGreens was able to cut them to size even making sure the head measurements were right. If they don't accept these ones that will be mailed off tomorrow I don't know what to say! Another $40 in shipping via UPS! *smacks head* This passport process is costing me!! Super thankful Inky was able to resign my guarantor stuff tonight! :)

I hate FedEx I don't know how many times they have said they "attempted delivery" when we were home and saw them drive right past. Passport stuff didn't have a tracking that i knew of but when we were expecting something thats what they would do! Bunch of liers!!Yesterday they left a slip at my door...i was home ALL morning...I work in the afternoon..upon leaving for work saw the damn slip sticking out the door. 10 am this morning the truck actually came by...and STOPPED. :lol:

You don't have to ship UPS. I sent mine snail mail, still got there in 2 or 3 days. I may have paid the extra few $$ for tracking, but I don't think I did.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

You don't have to ship UPS. I sent mine snail mail, still got there in 2 or 3 days. I may have paid the extra few $$ for tracking, but I don't think I did.

The problem is that they USPS can't do tracking numbers to Canada, at least my post office was so dumbfounded by the request that I opted to do UPS so I wouldn't have to worry. USPS is pretty terrible and I just didn't want to risk them losing my birth certificate and my old passport. I felt much safer with using a courier service.

Finally got through the lines at Fedex.

It was my passport not a rejection! yay.

The issue date on it is august 1st 2011 so basically mailed it July 18 and they printed Aug 1st and I got it back on Aug 3rd.

It looks completely different from my passport I got in 2009.

2 things concern me, they left my middle name off the passport this time and on all my others(expired previous ones) the middle name is on it? is that a problem?

second thing is.. on every page of my brand new passport theres some kind of dotted number burned on every page? Is anyone elses new passports like that? None of my previous passports have had this on it. Its like dots that make up letters and numbers with little brown marks around the dots.

The middle thing is strange, but nothing to worry over. Just don't book any plane tickets using your middle name.

I have those numbers as well. Must just be a new security thing!

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.