gretchen_darren

visa interview and fiancee age

49 posts in this topic

:P Back in 07, Jena had her CFO seminar in Cebu, then got her stamp in Manila. She was 22 when she did her CFO seminar so we had her parents write a letter and have it notarized. She was never asked for the letter.

Sorry for this next slightly off topic point but it's interesting:

At the last minute, Jena's parents decided they didn't want to provide a notarized letter of consent. :crying: They were told by friends that we should get married in Phils because there is no divorce in Phils. I guess they were worried we'd get divorced in the US. We had already applied for a K1 at that point and their refusing was going to cause major problems. Jena was living in a different city at the time and after a very serious phone call home, things were thankfully resolved and they provided the letter! :D

In the end, no one even looked at the danged thing. :bonk:

We finally did our "report of marriage" this year, 3 years late! :P

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks, I also talked with my fiancee last night. A friend of hers went through CFO in Cebu. Her Friend, Marasol, is younger then her. Plus Marasol is currently 7 months pregnant by her fiance Marasol's mom and aunt went with her to the interview in Cebu. The CFO in Cebu questioned Marasol's mom.

Marasol is going through her medical on Monday/Tuesday of this week, and interview on Wednesday of this week. What I learn of Marasol's experience I will post.

I estimate Gretchen, her parents, and I, will be in Manila taking care of Gretchen's medical, interview, and CFO in about 5 to 8 weeks. (all depends on NVC processing right now.) My fiancee and her parents are going to attend the CFO at St. Marys (they are devout Catholics) in Manila. Gretchen's parents will go with us to Manila for the week, just to be safe. (adds cost to travel and hotel room, but covers almost anything which can come up.)

Thanks for information on the letter of consent. I have asked Gretchen to get a letter of consent from her parents just to be safe. My major concern is the USEmbassy being she is only 19. I have heard and read different stories from present to past. I guess i will find out Wednesday since Marasol is from the same village as Gretchen.

Darren what happened at the interview for your fiancees Friend Marasol?? I hope she Passed!!!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Darren, you got engaged very quickly to a 19 year old who has never had a boyfriend before. Do you really think she's ready?

In her village, most girls are married or gone by 19 to 21. If your family cannot afford to send you to college. You are to get married. Also, she comes from a very very traditional Filipino area. Her parents have been gracious enough to wave some of the "old fashioned" requirements, but I have been doing as many of the old fashioned traditions as possible. this has made it much easier on her, her family, and me. there is a mjor, major difference in the maturity of a 19 year old in a small traditional village, then that of a large city. She still has some "immaturity". However, even at my age, I am still immature as well. Is anyone really mature? Or is maturity based on age? I still play with my kids, run around like crazy, and have a great time. To her marriage is a very, very, very, very serious commitment. Filipinas love deeply and jealously. If her Dad did not agree to the marriage, we would not be getting married. There would be nothing I could do to go around her parents.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Darren what happened at the interview for your fiancees Friend Marasol?? I hope she Passed!!!:thumbs:

Here is what I know:

If you are 18 or younger, you MUST have a parent present at the US Embassy. PERIOD. Marasol is about 3 to 4 months younger then Gretchen.

Marasol, had her medical two weeks ago. She went through it and passed with no problems. the medical was rather intensive, but no shots or anything since she is nearly 8 months pregnant. No TB issues, main concern was health of the baby and ability to travel.

Marasol did her interview in Tagalog. During her CO interview, Marasol was only asked easy questions and her being pregnant: What her fiance name, how old her fiance, and her name and age, online chatting, receipt for hotel, birth certificate her fiance, engaged photos, 1 NBI, 1 cenomar, embassy appointment letter, and DS-156, DS-156k, plus DS-157. Marasol states the counsel chatted for a few minutes as well. She did not have her fiance federal tax returns. It was about Her fiance and where he lives and how Marasol family feels abut her expecting. Marasol is going to live in Iowa. Marasol's mom and aunt went with her to medical and the interview.

Marasol is back in the village waiting on her visa to arrive. Marasol is to leave to enter US on Aug 3. Marasol's interview was on July 25. Medical was on July 18 and 18.

I have told Gretchen about the 2go mailer. Inside will be an envelope from the embassy. The passport is to be pulled out an verified but the envelope the passport is attached to is not to be opened. I also told Gretchen leaving on Aug 3 is rather aggressive. I stated it is possible. However, I told Gretchen to expect her to leave Aug 10 to Aug 24. Marasol needs to be tracking her visa and passport on 2go to see where it is if Marasol is planning on leaving on Aug 3. Right now we (Gretchen and I) have been about 5 to 8 weeks behind Marasol on things, so my timeline is based on these factors. From what I understand so far, Marasol's relationship and Gretchen's relationship are very similar with the exception Gretchen is not pregnant.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Here is what I know:

If you are 18 or younger, you MUST have a parent present at the US Embassy. PERIOD. Marasol is about 3 to 4 months younger then Gretchen.

Marasol, had her medical two weeks ago. She went through it and passed with no problems. the medical was rather intensive, but no shots or anything since she is nearly 8 months pregnant. No TB issues, main concern was health of the baby and ability to travel.

Marasol did her interview in Tagalog. During her CO interview, Marasol was only asked easy questions and her being pregnant: What her fiance name, how old her fiance, and her name and age, online chatting, receipt for hotel, birth certificate her fiance, engaged photos, 1 NBI, 1 cenomar, embassy appointment letter, and DS-156, DS-156k, plus DS-157. Marasol states the counsel chatted for a few minutes as well. She did not have her fiance federal tax returns. It was about Her fiance and where he lives and how Marasol family feels abut her expecting. Marasol is going to live in Iowa. Marasol's mom and aunt went with her to medical and the interview.

Marasol is back in the village waiting on her visa to arrive. Marasol is to leave to enter US on Aug 3. Marasol's interview was on July 25. Medical was on July 18 and 18.

I have told Gretchen about the 2go mailer. Inside will be an envelope from the embassy. The passport is to be pulled out an verified but the envelope the passport is attached to is not to be opened. I also told Gretchen leaving on Aug 3 is rather aggressive. I stated it is possible. However, I told Gretchen to expect her to leave Aug 10 to Aug 24. Marasol needs to be tracking her visa and passport on 2go to see where it is if Marasol is planning on leaving on Aug 3. Right now we (Gretchen and I) have been about 5 to 8 weeks behind Marasol on things, so my timeline is based on these factors. From what I understand so far, Marasol's relationship and Gretchen's relationship are very similar with the exception Gretchen is not pregnant.

Wow ok thnaks for the Update! I am Glad she passed. But concerns me is she didnt have her fiances ITR and they passed her?:wow: Anyway Good Luck to her and you and gretchen! I am right behind you!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Wow ok thnaks for the Update! I am Glad she passed. But concerns me is she didnt have her fiances ITR and they passed her?:wow: Anyway Good Luck to her and you and gretchen! I am right behind you!:thumbs:

Yes, trying to find out about the Federal tax return issue. If they did pass her or stipulate for it. I was told she passed. I am third string and have not talked with Marasol directly for weeks. From what I do know, she did have the I-134 with pay stubs, and bank account records. I think the Federal was for verifying proof of fiance being single.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I got married when i was 24 but i still need parent consent.... Y? because " i am going to marry a foreigner.

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

Timeline

I found out Marasol got her visa and passport on Sunday. 2go delivered it to her in the village.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I found out Marasol got her visa and passport on Sunday. 2go delivered it to her in the village.

WOW :wow: Good for her! And she didnt have her fiances ITR???? WOW!!! Thats good for her..Congratulations!!!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Interesting, because this illustrates what Tacoma and I were talking about in another thread... her fiance birth cert is not a required doc, yet the CO asked for it. The ITR IS a required doc that she didn't have, and they passed her anyways. Ahhh, the gooey gray area of getting approved....

Congrats to her though!!!

Timeline

Interesting, because this illustrates what Tacoma and I were talking about in another thread... her fiance birth cert is not a required doc, yet the CO asked for it. The ITR IS a required doc that she didn't have, and they passed her anyways. Ahhh, the gooey gray area of getting approved....

Congrats to her though!!!

Thats what Darren said..they asked for her Fiances BC?..:wow: Well Dave it goes to show you better to be prepared, You never know what the CO will ask for??? Im assuming Darrens Fiancees friend had her Fiances BC? wht else would they approve her?? Just got to be ready for anything!!!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Thats what Darren said..they asked for her Fiances BC?..:wow: Well Dave it goes to show you better to be prepared, You never know what the CO will ask for??? Im assuming Darrens Fiancees friend had her Fiances BC? wht else would they approve her?? Just got to be ready for anything!!!:thumbs:

If your fiancee is taking a copy of the I-129F then the birth cert is there...no worries as long as you have all the docs they require and the docs/proof you have already submitted.

Still kind of odd that they passed her without the tax returns as that is one of the things they want. I doubt they are using that to prove the petitioner is single...but, from what I've read the CFO will.

Edited by Chay & Brian

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

tarsier.jpgpalms.jpgmmf.jpgch.jpgnv.jpgpalm.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.