yesterdaysrain23

visa interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

does anyone know specifically how long it is taking to get an interview at the cairo embassy at the moment?

It took 6 months for our case to get an interview scheduled that is of course due to the embassy closing for 2 months creating a backlog. From what I can tell it typically takes 4 months but it could take longer now. So I would say 4 - 6 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It took 6 months for our case to get an interview scheduled that is of course due to the embassy closing for 2 months creating a backlog. From what I can tell it typically takes 4 months but it could take longer now. So I would say 4 - 6 months.

It appears from what other posters are saying and from timelines that have been kept up to date that the average wait is 4 months from NVC complete to interview month. They seem to be getting back on track, but who knows how big the actual backlog was considering they deal with so many different types of visas as well as other neighboring countries. Hopefully for all of us waiting, their speed will continue to improve as weeks go by. Our case completed NVC the 15th of June, realistically we are not expecting an interview date before September and October is probably more realistic...however, crossing our fingers and praying that we will be pleasantly surprised :yes:

Best wishes to all still waiting and congratulations to all the recently interviewed and approved (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

does anyone know specifically how long it is taking to get an interview at the cairo embassy at the moment?

It is taking 5 to 6 months right now to get a spousal interview. There was a huge backlog of cases when the embassy re-opened April 10th. We were told spousal visas would be a priority but in the end it seems spousal visas got the back burner because of course the embassy has only a few available slots for the NVC to schedule interviews. March, April and May NVC completed cases are still ahead of you waiting for an interview, so my advice is to sit back and try to relax, your in for a wait sort of like when you were waiting for the NOA2. I keep watching and hoping to see all my friends waiting will receive an interview, but it is just the sad case that right now it is a 5-6 month wait. Also calling the NVC will just drive you cray, trust me for almost 6 months I called them hoping to hear any news and each time I was told different things and in the end I just had to wait. My husband finally has an interview scheduled after almost 6 months of waiting at the NVC with a completed case. When Ahmed has his interview it will be 400 days after the NOA1. Really I wish I could have given you better news.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.