ginnyb

no Packet 3 yet--email from embassy

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all,

Our fiance petition was received by the embassy in Cairo on June 12. Last week I emailed the embassy and they responded that they do have our file and they asked for Hassan's address and phone numbers to contact him. It seems to be taking a long time for them to deliver Packet 3 to him. Any advice? Are they doing background checks? Or should we just be patient and wait?

Getting nervous :(

__t7bn5_5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey...sorry to hear its taking so long. Ours took 24 days and when he finally got it, his interview was in 3 weeks. So we were happy that it was so soon. I know it sucks to wait and have no idea whats going on. We wrote the embassy a few times to ask what was up and asked them to update the interview schedule on the website but they never did. We just had to be patient. I'm sure yours will be there soon!! Hope you get it sunday or something!

Timeline

Hey...sorry to hear its taking so long. Ours took 24 days and when he finally got it, his interview was in 3 weeks. So we were happy that it was so soon. I know it sucks to wait and have no idea whats going on. We wrote the embassy a few times to ask what was up and asked them to update the interview schedule on the website but they never did. We just had to be patient. I'm sure yours will be there soon!! Hope you get it sunday or something!

Thanks, Kristi. I am about to pull my hair out, but Hassan is much more patient; he says the embassy will just do what they want to do.....then he tells me "don't worry".

I hope you get your approval soon as well! We just have to keep the faith.

__t7bn5_5.png

Hi all,

Our fiance petition was received by the embassy in Cairo on June 12. Last week I emailed the embassy and they responded that they do have our file and they asked for Hassan's address and phone numbers to contact him. It seems to be taking a long time for them to deliver Packet 3 to him. Any advice? Are they doing background checks? Or should we just be patient and wait?

Getting nervous :(

Hi, i had a similar thing happen with our packet as well. our apt was may 10 and we just got ours not long ago after going in the office directly. the problem we had was with dhl, apparantly the guy got lazy and instead of calling my husband sent the papers back to embassy. the embassy was not helpful at all in returning our emails or even answering calls. We did finally reach someone who said he would resend the packet but we received it like 3-4 weeks later and by that time we went and picked it up at the embassy. Good luck and if you live close you might want to try to get the packet from them directly but i am not sure if they are supposed to do that

or not

Timeline

Hi, i had a similar thing happen with our packet as well. our apt was may 10 and we just got ours not long ago after going in the office directly. the problem we had was with dhl, apparantly the guy got lazy and instead of calling my husband sent the papers back to embassy. the embassy was not helpful at all in returning our emails or even answering calls. We did finally reach someone who said he would resend the packet but we received it like 3-4 weeks later and by that time we went and picked it up at the embassy. Good luck and if you live close you might want to try to get the packet from them directly but i am not sure if they are supposed to do that

or not

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience.....I will try to contact the embassy and Hassan can go to the embassy directly since he's in Cairo. It's worth a try anyway, to see if he can get it there. It sounds like you can't rely much on DHL. :help:

__t7bn5_5.png

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience.....I will try to contact the embassy and Hassan can go to the embassy directly since he's in Cairo. It's worth a try anyway, to see if he can get it there. It sounds like you can't rely much on DHL. :help:

Lazzzzzzzzy. They first contacted my husband to tell him that they received notice that the packet was arriving and my husband made specific arrangements with them at that time, then, when it arrived they sent it back.

Timeline

Lazzzzzzzzy. They first contacted my husband to tell him that they received notice that the packet was arriving and my husband made specific arrangements with them at that time, then, when it arrived they sent it back.

Lazy and incompetent? My DHL/embassy nightmare continues; today I got an email from the Embassy that the packet would be delivered today. Later Hassan called the embassy and he was told that DHL tried to deliver it, but he wasn't at home--this is not true--he was there all day and no one called. Then Hassan called DHL and they claimed that the Embassy did not send them anything!! #######?? So who do we believe? It seems no one knows what the heck they are doing there! :bonk: Hassan will call them tomorrow; apparently you can only call to ask about fiance/marriage visas between the hours of 7 and 9 am. If he doesn't get a straight answer I will call them too. This process is enough to turn anyone's hair white!!

__t7bn5_5.png

Lazy and incompetent? My DHL/embassy nightmare continues; today I got an email from the Embassy that the packet would be delivered today. Later Hassan called the embassy and he was told that DHL tried to deliver it, but he wasn't at home--this is not true--he was there all day and no one called. Then Hassan called DHL and they claimed that the Embassy did not send them anything!! #######?? So who do we believe? It seems no one knows what the heck they are doing there! :bonk: Hassan will call them tomorrow; apparently you can only call to ask about fiance/marriage visas between the hours of 7 and 9 am. If he doesn't get a straight answer I will call them too. This process is enough to turn anyone's hair white!!

Lazy and incompetent? Yes and Yes

lol, atleast the embassy called you. Don't believe Dhl. You would think they would be more professional and careful since their service is being used by the embassy. I hope you get your packet soon if not send hassan to the embassy but without you there they probably wont let him in but he may speak with the guy at the window and tell him what has happened and see if he can get him the packet. Yes and btw when they finally did send our packet(after we went to the embassy to pick ours up by 1 week) they had the audacity to try to charge us for the packet. My husband paid but i told him he should have refused the packet and tell them we already have the packet because you sent our first one back to the embassy without even contacting us. keep me posted on your story. We are soooo terrified about his visa having to go through these idiots.

Timeline

Lazy and incompetent? Yes and Yes

lol, atleast the embassy called you. Don't believe Dhl. You would think they would be more professional and careful since their service is being used by the embassy. I hope you get your packet soon if not send hassan to the embassy but without you there they probably wont let him in but he may speak with the guy at the window and tell him what has happened and see if he can get him the packet. Yes and btw when they finally did send our packet(after we went to the embassy to pick ours up by 1 week) they had the audacity to try to charge us for the packet. My husband paid but i told him he should have refused the packet and tell them we already have the packet because you sent our first one back to the embassy without even contacting us. keep me posted on your story. We are soooo terrified about his visa having to go through these idiots.

Well, we got the packet....but Hassan had to go yesterday to DHL and pick it up. And they charged him $7.00! Oh well, at least he got it and we can move forward. Yay! :thumbs:

__t7bn5_5.png

Well, we got the packet....but Hassan had to go yesterday to DHL and pick it up. And they charged him $7.00! Oh well, at least he got it and we can move forward. Yay! :thumbs:

Im glad to hear that you got your packet, what a relief, huh? I also forgot to tell you what happened when we was at embassy last time. There was a woman there who was trying to get in to speak with the consular, apparantly dhl "finally" delivered her visa AFTER it expired.

Yes, also i spoke with my friend yesterday, she said same thing you did that dhl said that her husband wasn't home when they attempted to deliver his packet but he was at home. I think they are doing this stuff intentionally, just my opinion. Lazy and incompetent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.