ewdd

Next Step - I-134

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone - just looking for some clarification..

my fiance and I just sent in our K-1 petition :) ....I am wondering where I can find info on what our next steps are...I know we will be waiting awhile for NOA 1 and NOA 2 but I want to make sure we are on the ball..I know he hasto fill out the I-134 form but I want to know what else we need to gather...if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. i just am not sure where to look for all the info on pkg 3 and stuff...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Which embassy? If it's Montreal you can find the Pkt3 info here: http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/content/content.asp?section=visas&document=visa_pkt3 There's also a link to the Vancouver consulate.

Right now, you can fill out the forms for Pkt3, but don't date them until Pkt 3 has been logged.* You can also start gathering supporting evidence for the I-134. Police checks have to be done within one year of your interview date, so you can look into that too. If there are any documents required for the interview that are not in English, you should get them translated an notarized.

That's everything i could think of. :)

*actually, I believe that when you print out the forms for Pkt3 it prints out the date you filled them out in the corner of the form. I don't remember exactly. Is this bad? Hopefully someone can shed some light on this. I didn't fill out Pkt3 until I received it in the mail, so...

Edit: Also, start looking at what's required for the medical exam- make sure you have your vaccination record, any necessary documentation from your doctor, etc.

Edited by pocheros

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Also, somehow I misread your post and i thought you said you already received NOA2! Dur >_< Anyways, you can certainly check out Pkt3 forms, but wait awhile before you fill them out, and wait awhile before doing your police check since it can take a long time to get NOA1 and NOA2. Pkt3 forms will ask you about your visits to the US, so if you visit your fiance between now and the time you receive Pkt3 you will have to include that. A police check could potentially go over the 1 year time limit if you got it now, although it's unlikely.

You can start collecting pay stubs, etc. for the I-134, but for any letters of employment you should wait until you're close to the interview so they're more up to date.

Waiting for NOA1 and NOA2 is the hard part, but once it's over everything else goes quickly.

Edited by pocheros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.