la2012

Total EXPENSES FOR K1 VISA IN MANILA

35 posts in this topic

i really appreciate your time to respond and taking the time to help my question out. my apology if i worded such things in an insulting/not so agreeable way though. once again, thank you a lot :)

I don't think you insulted anyone, and 95% of the people on Vj will go out of their way to help you. In fact, you might be a valuable resource to the board, because you live in and are familiar with the MLA area, so maybe you can answer questions for people from out of town. As I said, read, read, read, then feel free to ask if you still have questions. I promise you, every question you can think of has already been asked/answered at least twice on here, lol.

Oh, and welcome to the group! You are embarking on a journey that can be most frustrating, and it painfully slow at times (unless you apply in April-June each year), but we are all doing it, you can too. Tell us about you and your fiance, where is he from, etc. There is a thread on how you met, feel free to tell us your story. Reading and posting on here will not make the time go by any faster, but it WILL help you realize you are not alone.

Ever been to Bohol? Looking to go there in October, so if you have any advice to share, I would appreciate it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think you insulted anyone, and 95% of the people on Vj will go out of their way to help you. In fact, you might be a valuable resource to the board, because you live in and are familiar with the MLA area, so maybe you can answer questions for people from out of town. As I said, read, read, read, then feel free to ask if you still have questions. I promise you, every question you can think of has already been asked/answered at least twice on here, lol.

Oh, and welcome to the group! You are embarking on a journey that can be most frustrating, and it painfully slow at times (unless you apply in April-June each year), but we are all doing it, you can too. Tell us about you and your fiance, where is he from, etc. There is a thread on how you met, feel free to tell us your story. Reading and posting on here will not make the time go by any faster, but it WILL help you realize you are not alone.

Ever been to Bohol? Looking to go there in October, so if you have any advice to share, I would appreciate it!

oh well my fiance and I just forwarded the documents to the USCIS the last Sunday.. have another post about the letter of intent to marry.. we have evrything complete, not until i read the USCIS website says that one of the requirements is the Letter of intent to marry, which we did not have on the documents that we filed. i read the uscis site after we passed the forms already.. we used an immigration service center that didn't mention anything regarding to a letter of intent to marry.. some people said that we might receive an RFE but there was one girl who said they applied for the k1 visa too and didn't submit the letter of intent but still got their application approved. what can you say about this?

yea Bohol is a gorgeous place, when you get to Alona beach, please give some food to the stray dogs in the beach.. they are beach dogs and really cool to see a pack of gang walking around the shore. chocolate hills of course is a must see .. there are tons of inexpensive nice places over there, l'elephant blu is one, french owned place.. well just so you know, the place is very touristy, so if you are the type of person who's fed up on dealing with the same old white people who are always up for drinking and stuff, then the place might not be for you.. a lot of Europeans over there.. soon to be invaded by the Europeans. goodluck with your Bohol trip! :)

hey just want to ask (esp for those filipinas who've gone through the k1 visa application)

how much is the over all expense for the application of the k1 visa?

how much did you pay for everything? you don't have to include the 340$ application fee ..

i am basically talking about every bits of expense from the

medical examination to interview at the embassy and to the adjustment of status.

i need the EXACT AMOUNT for every single thing that you guys had paid for.

thanks a lot :)

Just stand by and wait for the Big D. to answer. He knows everything. :whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

oh well my fiance and I just forwarded the documents to the USCIS the last Sunday.. have another post about the letter of intent to marry.. we have evrything complete, not until i read the USCIS website says that one of the requirements is the Letter of intent to marry, which we did not have on the documents that we filed. i read the uscis site after we passed the forms already.. we used an immigration service center that didn't mention anything regarding to a letter of intent to marry.. some people said that we might receive an RFE but there was one girl who said they applied for the k1 visa too and didn't submit the letter of intent but still got their application approved. what can you say about this?

yea Bohol is a gorgeous place, when you get to Alona beach, please give some food to the stray dogs in the beach.. they are beach dogs and really cool to see a pack of gang walking around the shore. chocolate hills of course is a must see .. there are tons of inexpensive nice places over there, l'elephant blu is one, french owned place.. well just so you know, the place is very touristy, so if you are the type of person who's fed up on dealing with the same old white people who are always up for drinking and stuff, then the place might not be for you.. a lot of Europeans over there.. soon to be invaded by the Europeans. goodluck with your Bohol trip! :)

I say since you already submitted, you should just wait and see if RFE is requested. It's a 50/50 chance on whether it will be asked for or not. I would go ahead and do them, have signatures and everything, and have your fiance holding them at the ready in case they are asked for, that way there is no delay on getting yours to him if USCIS requests it. But as you said, USCIS may not care. One thing you will find is that every cae is different. A lot depends on the kind of day the person who is "touching" your paperwork is having at the moment.

Thanks for the Bohol info... I should have mentioned, we plan to stay on Panglao island, mostly, though we might pack up and move around the island as the days go on, because we will be looking for property to buy, also. Better to spread the wealth of our stay, huh?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.