la2012

Total EXPENSES FOR K1 VISA IN MANILA

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey just want to ask (esp for those filipinas who've gone through the k1 visa application)

how much is the over all expense for the application of the k1 visa?

how much did you pay for everything? you don't have to include the 340$ application fee ..

i am basically talking about every bits of expense from the

medical examination to interview at the embassy and to the adjustment of status.

i need the EXACT AMOUNT for every single thing that you guys had paid for.

thanks a lot :)

Sat by the computer I will get right back with you on that...................................................

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

hey just want to ask (esp for those filipinas who've gone through the k1 visa application)

how much did you pay for everything? you don't have to include the 340$ application fee ..

medical examination to interview at the embassy and to the adjustment of status.

This is sort of on a case-by-case basis because it will depend where your fiance is from. So, you're looking at airfare if

she isn't from Luzon. Room and board when doing her medical, miscellaneous fees for the documents she has to gather.

The two fees that are concrete now is the Visa fee which is $350.00 and the Medical is $213.35 for 15 years and older

and $185.35 for less than 15 years old. Only you can really do a somewhat accurate estimation.

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Plane Tickets to USA runs close to $1000 one way

Do you have to fly her to Manila for Medical? Food Hotel Taxi?

When you file AOS you need to pay around $1000 more for filing

I think ROC runs $450 more, it's a never ending money pit or so it seems.

Just be prepared to spend like $5000 overall

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

The two fees that are concrete now is the Visa fee which is $350.00 and the Medical is $213.35 for 15 years and older

and $185.35 for less than 15 years old. Only you can really do a somewhat accurate estimation.

I think the fee for adjustment of status is $1070. So add that in there as well.

Edited by B_J

In my case I lived in Manila so I did not need to pay for airfare and hotel, just gas for my car..

Including the visa fee, medical and other documents needed (NSO BC, Cenomar etc..) and CFO I would say $600-650.

Of course that is a very conservative amount because most people would include what I mentioned such as airfare, hotel, food etc.. If that's the case you'd need $1000 or more.

Then $1070 for AOS a few months later, and $1000++ for airfare to the US! Oh and if you're lucky like me, you will get an RFE for a new medical because they "could not find" the one I submitted at POE. That will set you back another $200.

Shakespeare should have said "The course of true love never did run cheap" instead of "run smooth" :)

Edited by Messybrownhair
My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Please forgive me if this question is offensive, but I just have to ask. Why do you need to know the exact amount?

Sincerely,

Kevin

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Do not forget to factor in a few Redhorse Beers and a couple Tanduay Rums Depending if your Honey Pie is from another island or not, worst case, it could run you at about $5,000 USD at minimum and a few centavos....from the start to the AOS once she is in your home..... But WAIT..... the ROC costs about another 500. Plus you need to factor in the cost of your trip to meet her. OH did I forget all the money you will have to send her family.

This link kind of sums it up.......

:pop::crying::unsure:

Please forgive me if this question is offensive, but I just have to ask. Why do you need to know the exact amount?

Sincerely,

Kevin

1.) Broke

2.) Tight On Funds

3.) Tightwad

4.) Cheap

5.) Unempolyed

6.) Budget Conscious

7.) Writing a Book

Do not forget to factor in a few Redhorse Beers and a couple Tanduay Rums Depending if your Honey Pie is from another island or not, worst case, it could run you at about $5,000 USD at minimum and a few centavos....from the start to the AOS once she is in your home..... But WAIT..... the ROC costs about another 500. Plus you need to factor in the cost of your trip to meet her. OH did I forget all the money you will have to send her family.

Who Said Money Can't Buy You Love :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not trying to be a smart alec but if you gotta ask, then you probably can't afford it.......

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.