harry1

Original Documents at Interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We have IV interview date set at Guangzhou in August and have a question about bringing original documents to the interview.

Specifically, we have a joint sponsor who provided I-864, W-2, employment letter, US naturalization certificate, pay stub, and Tax return to NVC in PDF through electronic processing. Since he lives in a different state from me, he is reluctant to mail the original documents overseas, concerning about them getting lost in the mail and therefore the potential identity theft issue.

Everybody says to bring more stuff than less to the interview. But I'd still like to know your experience at the interview that if the immigration officer really wants to look at your original documents supporting I-864. If the chance is very slim, then I will not press my sponsor friend too hard mailing his orginal documents overseas.

Thank you in advance!

We have IV interview date set at Guangzhou in August and have a question about bringing original documents to the interview.

Specifically, we have a joint sponsor who provided I-864, W-2, employment letter, US naturalization certificate, pay stub, and Tax return to NVC in PDF through electronic processing. Since he lives in a different state from me, he is reluctant to mail the original documents overseas, concerning about them getting lost in the mail and therefore the potential identity theft issue.

Everybody says to bring more stuff than less to the interview. But I'd still like to know your experience at the interview that if the immigration officer really wants to look at your original documents supporting I-864. If the chance is very slim, then I will not press my sponsor friend too hard mailing his orginal documents overseas.

Thank you in advance!

Hi!

I had an interview last week in Stockholm, i brought all my original documents but they didnt look at them.

--------------------------

23/05/2011 - My wife filed i-130 at the US Embassy in Stockholm

1/06/2011 - Medical Exam, Chest X-ray

16/6/2011 - Sent in all documents to Embassy

20/6/2011 - Recieved letter from Embassy with Scheduled Interview

29/6/2011 - Interview - almost approved, had to send them one more paper

11/7/2011 - Recieved VISA paggage, not even 2 months total time :-)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If he has them in PDF form he should be able to email them. He should even be able to put a password on the document. I would highly recommend making sure you have a copy for the interview.

Timeline

If he has them in PDF form he should be able to email them. He should even be able to put a password on the document. I would highly recommend making sure you have a copy for the interview.

My wife has all the copies. The question is "original" ones related to I-864, which have to be mailed to my wife in China if they are indeed needed at interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My wife has all the copies. The question is "original" ones related to I-864, which have to be mailed to my wife in China if they are indeed needed at interview.

Well, the only one that really needs to be original is the actual I-864 since it requires a signature. When you send documents to NVC by electronic processing, do you send any type of orginal signature? If not, the copies are probably fine.

Timeline

My understanding is 'originals of what was submitted' at the NVC EP process, for interview day.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I got this from Guangzhou Consulate:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes, your beneficiary needs to bring all the original civil documents including the notarized birth certificate, the notarized marriage certificate, the notarized police certificate and so on as well as your and your joint sponsor's financial documents, such as Affidavit of Support (I-864), tax returns and other supporting documents to the U.S. Consulate for her visa interview. If all the original documents mentioned above had been sent to the NVC, then duplicate ones are not required.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

I have copies of all those PDF, including my sponsor's I-864 form with an electronic signature. NVC has no original documents, except those scanned ones in PDF.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.