cgayle

after the interview

52 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am the oldest. I am 51 and he is 24. Thank you for all your help I greatly appreciate it.

hmmm makes a difference... not a normal marriage to the "man" you married in Jamaica.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Timeline

For those who have indicated that the age difference is a factor for denial of visas coming out of Jamaica, can you point to where you have seen indications of that from other petitioner from Jamaica. I have been reading these posts for years, I have never seen where a petition was denied because of a large age difference in Jamaica. Let's Not start rumors, when it isn't so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For those who have indicated that the age difference is a factor for denial of visas coming out of Jamaica, can you point to where you have seen indications of that from other petitioner from Jamaica. I have been reading these posts for years, I have never seen where a petition was denied because of a large age difference in Jamaica. Let's Not start rumors, when it isn't so.

Thank you for your response. The only evidence I have about the age difference is from comments from other people on this web site. I married my husband last September. At his interview in Kingston he was told that they would be sending back the paperwork to USCIS. They stated that USCIS would contact me to see if I wished to continue with the process. At the time of his interview he was given our marriage license and our birth certificates back and thats it. The USCIS office contacted me on 6/31 to inform me that they had received the paperwok back from Kingston. They also told me that it could be another 120 days to hear something from them. If you have any additional information to give me to put my mind at ease it would be greatly appreciated. Once again thank you so much for this information.

You will be given a chance to reply to the denial when USCIS send you a NOIR/NOID.

This statement confuses me "They stated that USCIS would contact me to see if I wished to continue with the process."

Why would they make such a statement if you wish to continue with the process. Something happen durning the interview... Ask your question to give you details about the interview. Ask him to state all questions asked of him, and how did he answer them.

Timeline

You will be given a chance to reply to the denial when USCIS send you a NOIR/NOID.

This statement confuses me "They stated that USCIS would contact me to see if I wished to continue with the process."

Why would they make such a statement if you wish to continue with the process. Something happen durning the interview... Ask your question to give you details about the interview. Ask him to state all questions asked of him, and how did he answer them.

I am very confused also at this point. I asked my husband everything that they asked him. He said that they asked about my children, their ages and names. They wanted to know where we met. They asked if family members were at the wedding. He had photos of times I had visited him and photos of our wedding. He had 5 months worth of phone logs. I sent him all of my flight information with dates that I had been to Jamaica. All of his paperwork was in order as far as I know such as his criminal back ground, immunization and physical records. He said they told him at the end of the interview that USCIS will contact me and ask if I wished to continue with the process.

I am very confused also at this point. I asked my husband everything that they asked him. He said that they asked about my children, their ages and names. They wanted to know where we met. They asked if family members were at the wedding. He had photos of times I had visited him and photos of our wedding. He had 5 months worth of phone logs. I sent him all of my flight information with dates that I had been to Jamaica. All of his paperwork was in order as far as I know such as his criminal back ground, immunization and physical records. He said they told him at the end of the interview that USCIS will contact me and ask if I wished to continue with the process.

Did they ask him about having children, and what did he say? You said letters were written, how did those who wrote letters know of you'll as a couple. Had any of them every vacation with you'll in Jamaica?

Timeline

He wasn't asked that but did inform that he has a child that is 4 years old. He also gave them my daughters names and ages. 2 of the people who wrote letters for me weren't in Jamaica with me but have spoken with him on the phone several times. 1 was actually with me in Jamaica when I met him.

Okay, the letters from the people on the phone didn't give much weight to the relationship. But you didn't have letters from people who have seen you'll interact as a married couple.

All you can do now is be prepare to send additional evidence that you'll are in a real married relationship.

Continue with the visits and phone calls. I know plane tickets are high right now, but you will have to visit more often between now and the time you will have to rebuttal the denial. What do married couple do to show their marriage is real.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

to get what done?

did you receive any notice back from USCIS about the casefile?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Can anyone tell me if their spouse didn't get their Visa the day that they had the interview. I have spoken with 2 people here in the states and they said that the same thing happened to them. Both of them stated that the paperwork was sent back to the states and then USCIS contacted them with additional paperwork that needed to be done. After the paperwork was completed then both of their spouses were approved for a Visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

perhaps is time to use the advanced search feature here,

search terms

NOID, NOIR, Rebuttal, 221G

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Can anyone tell me if their spouse didn't get their Visa the day that they had the interview. I have spoken with 2 people here in the states and they said that the same thing happened to them. Both of them stated that the paperwork was sent back to the states and then USCIS contacted them with additional paperwork that needed to be done. After the paperwork was completed then both of their spouses were approved for a Visa.

I have typed this responds three times, so let hope it stays this time.

1. No one receives their actual visa on the day that it is approval by the Cosular/Embassy.

2. Yes, USCIs will contact you for additional information, that is what we have been referring to as a NOID/NOIR.

3. USCIS only appoves petitions for a visa.

4.ONLY THE EMBASSY/CONSULAR CAN APPROVE FOR A VISA.

5.The petition can/will be sent back to the embassy for another interview if approved by USCIS.

6. Statement #4 is very important, only the embassy can approve or deny for a visa.

Timeline

My husband had his CR1 interview on June 7,2011,in Kingston,Jamaica.. He had a large file of evidence. The IO asked him for his file of evidence which he kept handed my husband passport back and stated that they couldn't issue a visa at this time and they were sending the petition back to the USCIS for further review. He knew the answers to all of the questions asked of him. We also have a large age difference. I am older. We have know each other for 7 1/2 years. We were married in Nov 2009. The IO also asked about my children and their ages. Which my husband knew the correct answer. I have called and emailed Kingston embassy. They said they can't tell me anything. I contacted my congressman who got a response from Kingston that stated that they are sending the petition back to the USCIS for 221g. They are questioning the validity of our relationship. I don't know what more evidence they could want. We had plane tickets, money gram, western union, phone records, pictures, letters, affadavits of our relationship. The only reason they could have questioned the relationship is because of our age difference. On Friday last week he received an envelope from the embassy which contained all of the information that was in the file they kept at the embassy. They only kept his vaccination record,his police and medical record. I guess the only thing we can do is wait to hear from the USCIS. I will keep adding more evidence to the stack we already have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.