cananner

fiance flying back to the US w/my stuff

5 posts in this topic

i'm pretty sure the answer is "go ahead, no problem", but i just wanted to double check here.

my fiance is coming to visit me soon for a week. he's flying with just a carry-on to vermont and getting a lift to montreal, and at the end of the visit he'll be flying home directly out of montreal. my question is, will he have any problems if i send him home with a suitcase of my stuff? i know that if it were by car, he'd have problems at the border trying to cross with a bunch of stuff that isn't his. but when you're flying, they don't care about your checked luggage or who the stuff in it belongs to as long as it matches the weight limit and gets paid for, right?

03/15/2011 - NOA1

05/31/2011 - NOA2

06/??/2011 - NVC received

06/14/2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal

06/20/2011 - Packet 3 sent from Mtl

06/27/2011 - Sent Packet 3 back

07/07/2011 - RFE for Packet 3 sent from Mtl

07/18/2011 - RFE sent to embassy

07/21/2011 - RFE logged

07/25/2011 - Packet 4 sent, interview date made

10/31/2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

11/11/2011 - Visa ready for pickup

12/21/2011 - POE

02/24/2012 - Married!

05/14/2012 - AOS, EAD, AP forms sent

05/21/2012 - NOA1

08/13/2012 - AOS interview...APPROVED!

07/21/2014 - I-751 filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

i'm pretty sure the answer is "go ahead, no problem", but i just wanted to double check here.

my fiance is coming to visit me soon for a week. he's flying with just a carry-on to vermont and getting a lift to montreal, and at the end of the visit he'll be flying home directly out of montreal. my question is, will he have any problems if i send him home with a suitcase of my stuff? i know that if it were by car, he'd have problems at the border trying to cross with a bunch of stuff that isn't his. but when you're flying, they don't care about your checked luggage or who the stuff in it belongs to as long as it matches the weight limit and gets paid for, right?

Right :thumbs:

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

I would say that make sure he is helping you pack it as if he gets pulled by customs, they will ask the following;

is this your case?

he will be expected to know whats in it if its genuinely his!

equally, some ticket agents have pre screening for security questions; again make sure he knows whats in it as he will be asked did you pack this case yourself

be careful as it will vary from place to place!

I would say that make sure he is helping you pack it as if he gets pulled by customs, they will ask the following;

is this your case?

he will be expected to know whats in it if its genuinely his!

equally, some ticket agents have pre screening for security questions; again make sure he knows whats in it as he will be asked did you pack this case yourself

be careful as it will vary from place to place!

thanks for the tip!

out of curiosity, do you know when/how this would be likely to happen? when you have checked luggage, you part with it right away and it goes through its own security scan before getting loaded onto the plane. would they actually look beyond the obvious 'dangerous items' check and wonder why a 'Mr' had women's clothing in his bag?

03/15/2011 - NOA1

05/31/2011 - NOA2

06/??/2011 - NVC received

06/14/2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal

06/20/2011 - Packet 3 sent from Mtl

06/27/2011 - Sent Packet 3 back

07/07/2011 - RFE for Packet 3 sent from Mtl

07/18/2011 - RFE sent to embassy

07/21/2011 - RFE logged

07/25/2011 - Packet 4 sent, interview date made

10/31/2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

11/11/2011 - Visa ready for pickup

12/21/2011 - POE

02/24/2012 - Married!

05/14/2012 - AOS, EAD, AP forms sent

05/21/2012 - NOA1

08/13/2012 - AOS interview...APPROVED!

07/21/2014 - I-751 filed

thanks for the tip!

out of curiosity, do you know when/how this would be likely to happen? when you have checked luggage, you part with it right away and it goes through its own security scan before getting loaded onto the plane. would they actually look beyond the obvious 'dangerous items' check and wonder why a 'Mr' had women's clothing in his bag?

UK prescreen can be different, but you get asked this at time of check in and if cutoms and boarder officials see fit to pull anyone at the time they leave the baggage belt area on arrival

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.