spikedog

What are your 'friends' saying?

221 posts in this topic

Rumors at my job move as fast as the wind blows. Me and Monreal were introduced. But when people ask me if I got a mail order bride I always say YES, she is 12 and I paid a 1,000 dollars for her. From guys, I always get a laugh from them, but from American woman, not so funny. But it's always funny to me.

John

I see you have quite a few hearts going on there...

MODs, any chance of closing this old, tired, totally off-topic thread in the interest of public safety? Or just deleting it altogether, perhaps??

Public safety? I wouldn't feel any less safe if this thread remained open.

Not to worry though...threads this length generally veer quite a bit off-topic and eventually burn themselves out. In the meantime, I vote to let people have some fun with it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In my case, I'm the Filipino woman who heard same comments from his (family esp his dad, friends, co-workers) side but we just smile everytime we heard something like that. We know we love each other so much that we dont care about what they say. He is 27, I'm 24 so they cant use age as an issue. And yes, they said, since I am a nurse I just want to go to US to work my profession. But guess what, Im not going to work since we have both agreed that I am going to be a full-time wife and a mother soon. For me that is the most honorable job I can get in this world... To take care of my own family. What else they will say? hmmmmm

Last month, we got frustrated from waiting. It took 5 months for the petition to be approved. (which I believe is still under the normal processing time but for me is too much since others are approved after 3 months or so) And I started to tell his family that he might need to come over to the Philippines since things are going really slow. He was ready to move and sell his properties. I looked for prospect house in the countryside and a piece of land where we can start our garden and grow our own food (both of us are vegans). (I am very simple yet educated country girl). And they all started to freak out. Hopefully that gave them an enough idea that I am not after of the Green card, citizenship and stuff like that. I just want to be with my man... and now they asked me to wait for the petition to move further and wait till I get there. So now, they are asking me to be patient with the process rather than their brother and son coming here to the island of Philippines....By the way, my baby told me that we both came from 3rd world country because the only 1st world country is the New Heaven and New Earth that God prepared for his righteous people.

My problem got solved! They just need a little spank!

February 2010 we first chatted after our online church

September 17, 2010 - engagement

Dec 30, 2010-Jan 17, 2011 met in person in Dubai UAE

February 14, 2011 - I-129F package sent to USCIS

February 24, 2011 - NOA1 received

July 24, 2011 - NOA2 received

August 5, 2011- visa case number received from NVC thru email and phone call

August 7, 2011 - package left NVC

August 12, 2011 - arrived in US embassy

August 16, 2011 - Medical Exam--Passed!

August 23, 2011 - US embassy Interview -- Approved! (Praise His Name)

oh gosh we've been hearing all those kinds of comments since day 1 that they know about us... and those people who have something to say about me and my hubby are from his late wife's friends and relatives and of course some of my hubby's friends too, they say lot of negative things about the relationship just bec im lot younger than my hubby plus the fact that we met online too, they been telling my hubby maybe he was sad and lonely when he met me that's why he rushed into thing, but for god sake he's been here twice and if the feeling is not right from the first time that we met it might be the first and last. But so glad that my hubby stood by me the important thing is we got my mom's approval and his 2 sons and sibs approval that's all matters and we will prove them wrong, coz at the end of the day we both know that we will be here with each other no matter how life's challenges it would be.

All I know, is that I need you... I need you in my life as much as I need food or water or air to breathe - for the longest time, I've had this thirst deep inside... only to be known and understood and be loved for who I am. I have longed for someone, someone like you - to share my life with... all the ups and downs and everything in between. then out of no where - you walked into my life, quenching my thirst, satisfying my longing. and I know from every thing with in - that you are the one... you're the one I've been waiting for all this time. I want and I need you - more than I can usually find words to say... But today and always - please believe and know that you're the one for me and I'll hold you close and I'll never want to let you go...

June 2010: Met online via dating site

Oct.25,2010: He came here to meet me and my family and proposed in a lunch organized by my sister and me of course!

Nov.6, 2010: He went back to US

April 26, 2011: Came back for our wedding

May 17, 2011: The big day!!! We finally exchanged "I DO's"

Aug. 8, 2011: Sent complete Package of I-130

Aug. 26,2011: NOA1 (it was a very stressful long wait!)

March 1, 2012: NOA2 the moment we've been waiting finally here!!!

March 20, 2012: I called NVC got our MNL case# and IIN and sent my DS3032 via email

March 22, 2012: Received 2 Emails from NVC PAOSF I-130 and ACL

March 24, 2012: AOS paid online

March 27, 2012: AOS PAYMENT ACCEPTED

april 04, 2012: AOS PACKAGE ON ITS WAY TO NVC

April 04, 2012: IV bill paid

She is asked "Have you even met him?" We silence them quickly when she says I flew there a half dozen times and she has flown here. :-)

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

When my friends found out I was in love with a younger woman, and wanted to sell everything to move there and be with her - All my male friends were jealous, and also very supportive. EVERYONE of them said the same thing - GO! I wish I was you! It's a funny thing though, not one wife was supportive, or even had one nice thing to say. One even had the audacity to ask me why would I go there?? "They eat dog there". When I realized that not even one of the women would say something positive about my plans, I knew right then and there it was the right thing to do!! My mom and dad both supported my decision, and that's really all that matters to me. I have been here 2 years, have a beautiful wife and son, and when we finally get through this journey and land back in America, I am moving 2000 miles away from my old state. I will visit eventually, but I am certainly in no hurry to subject my wife to people who are so narrow minded that they can't understand that if 2 people love each other, that should be all that matters.

Timeline

Maybe I'm lucky, I have never really cared what people think about how I live my life probably because I dont spend time worrying about how others live their's. I did expect some of the comments everyone mentioned but my close friends and family are happy for me. People that know me well already understand it would take a special girl for me to even consider getting married again. I will say in the US there is a big misconception of the old mail order days. But then again local dating sites are now a dime a dozen in the US so I dont know why it's such a shock wherever you met. Jim.

Timeline

Maybe I'm lucky, I have never really cared what people think about how I live my life probably because I dont spend time worrying about how others live their's. I did expect some of the comments everyone mentioned but my close friends and family are happy for me. People that know me well already understand it would take a special girl for me to even consider getting married again. I will say in the US there is a big misconception of the old mail order days. But then again local dating sites are now a dime a dozen in the US so I dont know why it's such a shock wherever you met. Jim.

You right Jim, I really never gave a ............ what others say about our relationship. yes I hear the talk, some dont like it, some do,some Family like it some dont! its my Life, Like my dad always said about other people getting in your business....... his Motto is the 3 F's......You dont feed me, you dont Fasinate me, you dont .............me! so thts it! I dont ask anybody for nothing, so stay out my business!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

I agree southcalhog everyone only gets one life so better to live it and let others live thier's. Some people are always gonna talk but thats thier problem.

You Right!!! :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.