Ellie-n-Vladimir

all of a sudden, having wrong SSN, marital status, etc. on pay stub

19 posts in this topic

If the information is corrected with IRS, approach them for a letter confirming the events. A letter from payroll is probably not worth much at an Embassy, whereas an IRS confirmation would likely carry enough weight. :)

Good luck, that's a shitty thing to have happen at such a crucial time!

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good Grief!!

Talk about a murphy moment!

But it sounds like you have a bit of time and good advise and support. Know that Jenny's and my prayers go with you also!

Good luck!!

We are going to have to wait until about October to file as we want to time the interview etc to be close to when Jenny's teaching contract with the University is over and for Cristina to be out of school for the summer. So you wil be an old married couple :dance: by the time we can walk down the asile ! :)

Misha -n- Zhenya

Misha & Zhenya, thank you for your support! I think I have ~2 months to fix it before the interview. Ha-ha, by that time, we'll be married veterans. yes.gif

Time is flying. Be well prepared , make your petition like a framed art. Let me know if you need some help.

У нашому регiонi цей чорт зветься — шахтар

Timeline

I've got some good news for you and some bad news for you.

The good news is that if you are 125% over the poverty level and the most recent two pay stubs can show that than you are good to go.

The bad news is that ADP screwed up my 1997 withholdings as reported to the IRS and I got audited in 2002 and had to prove that I did not make a bit more than twice my actual salary but the tax payments form my company were half of what was indicated. What a royal PITA. So I would stay on this and make certain ADP and you company get this resolved NOW. I would also suggest that you make certain to keep this years tax return for 7 years rather than 3 or 5 as most recommend. The USCIS may work slow, the IRS more so.

Good luck with you interview.

Dave

Thank you, Dave, for your response! Sorry to hear about your situation w/ the IRS in 2002. Crazy, huh?.. There is a chain of instances where the info can be possibly screwed up: Employer -> HR service provider [in our case, ADP] -> SSA -> IRS. What I absolutely need to do first is to correct the SSN w/ the SSA. The IRS will come later. Basically, what recently happened is that my wages were credited to the wrong account (W2). Due to discrepancies between the SSN & name, it sits somewhere in the SSA error queue, perhaps, will be sitting till the end of the year, until the proper derivation of data happens, i.e. correctly gets linked, mapped, and re-calculated .

Regarding my pay stubs, 2-3 new ones will be available before the interview w/ the Consulate.

Best wishes to you & your family! smile.gif

Timeline

If the information is corrected with IRS, approach them for a letter confirming the events. A letter from payroll is probably not worth much at an Embassy, whereas an IRS confirmation would likely carry enough weight. :)

Good luck, that's a shitty thing to have happen at such a crucial time!

Hi Edward & Amanda. Thank you for the reply! I'm not sure that the IRS has any 2011 records of me.., the SSA does, absolutely. They do have all previous records, and the Consulate can validate it against those. The letter from HR might not be needed, if the interview is scheduled in a couple of months, depends on the Consulate availability.

My best wishes!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.