David and Karen

Toronto Medical

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The girls and I went yesterday to Toronto to have our medicals completed. Thought I would let those of you pending how it went.

I completed the paperwork portion and paid our fees and the mailing fee to the secretary. After that I went for a chest x-ray. Told to take off everything including my necklace from above the waist. Put on a paper gown and had one x-ray taken very quickly. Got dressed again and the man doing the x-ray gave me all of our papers and a card stating I had had the x-ray and was sent for blood work. Had my blood drawn by another person. She sent me into the waiting room where another nurse came for me to bring me to the exam room. There she had me strip down completely and back into the paper gown. She took my blood pressure and asked me my height and weight. She left and two other women (nurses I think) came in to take the medical history for myself and my daughters. All the time since first being called into the secretaries office my girls were in the waiting room. After they were finished they left and a female doctor came in to do the exam. She first checked around my throat. Had me open my mouth for a look. She listened to my lungs/breathing and heart. Next was a breast exam. Then down to my abdomen for a poke around there. She checked my ankles for a pulse. And that was it!

She had me get dressed (while she was there....a lil odd) while she wrote some stuff down and then she went and got my girls from the waiting room. They came in and had a brief exam, throat, chest, heart, abdomen and ankles while still completely dressed. The girls needed vision exams which apparently is done for those under 15. They stood in a hall and read off one line of letters that a nurse pointed to further down the hall.

All done! They'll mail out the medicals to me!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

sweet ! I'm happy to hear it wasn't too bad of an experience for you and your girls :star:

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

yeah, i went there to do the medical exam yesterday

it's pretty smooth. and i can pick up the report on wednesday too

sweet ! I'm happy to hear it wasn't too bad of an experience for you and your girls :star:

Who did you use for your medical, if you don't mind me asking?

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

for I-129F

something wrong???

Who did you use for your medical, if you don't mind me asking?

Mo

No.. not 'why'.. but 'who'. It seemed like a positve experience and I'm wondering if it was through Dr. Seiden's office.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

i was there around 7:30 to 9:30

i saw two girls in the waiting room

maybe i just saw your girls...... :)

Hmmm I wonder if I saw you. :D

Timeline

i was there around 7:30 to 9:30

i saw two girls in the waiting room

maybe i just saw your girls...... :)

Hmmm I wonder if I saw you. :D

LoL Yup that would've been them! They were sitting (or were supposed to be but Gramma said they were a lil wild!) out there with my mom. We got there shortly after 8am and left about 9:40am. I have darker hair and had on jeans and a brown shirt. Dunno if ya saw me.

Wish I had known. :)

I go for my medical tomorrow in Toronto. I really don't like doctors all that much. I have a real anxiety problem any time I have to go...so needless to say I'm trying to stay calm tonight! :P

I just can't help it...oh well, the sooner I get it done, the less I'll have to worry about when it comes time for the interview! :)

Hope my appointmets goes as smooth as yours did!

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Thanks for the info! My fiancee has her appointment tomorrow afternoon. I'll pass your experience along to her.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I go for my medical tomorrow in Toronto. I really don't like doctors all that much. I have a real anxiety problem any time I have to go...so needless to say I'm trying to stay calm tonight! :P

I just can't help it...oh well, the sooner I get it done, the less I'll have to worry about when it comes time for the interview! :)

I get nervous around doctors too but the medical is pretty easy and they don't really do anything that evasive...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

By now you are likely complete. Hope it went well for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.