13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey everyone, my sister recently got married overseas, she is a U.S. Citizen and wants to bring her husband here. So what would be the easiest and quickest way for her to bring her husband here?

Thanks

Sent I-129f on 02/02/2010 Wish Me Luck!

Received I-797C Notice of Action or NOA1 dated 02/10/10 on 02/15/10

NOA2 Approved May 20, 2010

Married December 23, 2010!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone, my sister recently got married overseas, she is a U.S. Citizen and wants to bring her husband here. So what would be the easiest and quickest way for her to bring her husband here?

Thanks

Well now she is married she has to file CR1 spousal visa for him and they wait for approval and he comes here after interview and gets GC on arrival. Takes approx from what I am reading 6-9 months

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

So what would be the easiest and quickest way for her to bring her husband here?

Easiest and quickest would be stuffing him into a large suitcase and bringing him with her.:no: But since that probably wouldn't work, she should come back to the US and file an I-130 for him. If he passes the interview, this will give him a CR-1 Visa. As soon as he enters the US with it, he'll be a permanent resident.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

There is the guide step by step for CR-1 spousal petition.

Takes almost a year, there is no fast way to bring them to the USA.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** moving to IR-1/CR-1 forum ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

There is one quicker way but it depends on the foreign country - if your sister is willing to stay in the foreign country for 4 - 5 months, she can file for the Direct Consular Process, which eliminates the 3-5 months USCIS approval period (of course the US Consulate gets the background check done but is is much faster).

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is one quicker way but it depends on the foreign country - if your sister is willing to stay in the foreign country for 4 - 5 months, she can file for the Direct Consular Process, which eliminates the 3-5 months USCIS approval period (of course the US Consulate gets the background check done but is is much faster).

Its not quicker really, waiting 4-5 months you could be part way through the CR-1 process already. Most countrys you cant just stay there as a visitor you have to be a resident of the country to file DCF. So she would have to process to be a resident THEN file DCF.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Its not quicker really, waiting 4-5 months you could be part way through the CR-1 process already. Most countrys you cant just stay there as a visitor you have to be a resident of the country to file DCF. So she would have to process to be a resident THEN file DCF.

I've never understood why so many people suggest the DCF route to petitioners who don't already live abroad. It's as silly as an unmarried petitioner asking whether it will be faster to bring their fiance, they've already met within two years as a fiance or spouse. It's as if these folks are incapable of factoring in the time to move and stay or plan another trip for marriage. Think it through, folks.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I've never understood why so many people suggest the DCF route to petitioners who don't already live abroad. It's as silly as an unmarried petitioner asking whether it will be faster to bring their fiance, they've already met within two years as a fiance or spouse. It's as if these folks are incapable of factoring in the time to move and stay or plan another trip for marriage. Think it through, folks.

Looks like they are also stopping the DCF route in some countries link here makes sense I think. Just have it all done one way :)

Total time from posting I-130 to VISA in hand 7 months 21 days :D

timeline.jpg?t=1311777984

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

??????? It certainly does depend on the foreign country, in Aug if the country doesn't have a USCIS presence there is no more DCF. ...

There is no way this could be quicker IMHO and it creates an entire cascade of additional problems like sponsorship, domicile plans, yada yada.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

??????? It certainly does depend on the foreign country, in Aug if the country doesn't have a USCIS presence there is no more DCF. ...

There is no way this could be quicker IMHO and it creates an entire cascade of additional problems like sponsorship, domicile plans, yada yada.

Very few countries don't have a USCIS presence but the public notice is written in such a way that literal interpretation is impossible. One would think the notice indicates nobody can do DCF after August but I'm certain that's not true. What were people in countries without USCIS presence doing about filing an I-130 BEFORE this notice? It doesn't mention that. Couples living abroad could always choose to file in the same way as those living separately with the USC in the US.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Six to nine months would be the absolute minimum. I would tell them to plan on at least a year, and probably longer.

Well now she is married she has to file CR1 spousal visa for him and they wait for approval and he comes here after interview and gets GC on arrival. Takes approx from what I am reading 6-9 months

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.