4 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

my case is kinda complicated. We prepared i-751 and all the evidence together before my husband went on a business trip, after he came back, i found out he changed a lot, he didnt pick up my phone calls and ignored me (we lived seperated around March, 2011, since too many problems between us, but we are still friends and he promised me he will help me to file i-751 and go to interview with me) after he came back, his attitude is totally different, i found something wired, i keep calling him after a week he finally pick up my phone calls and told me he want to divorce with me couldnt help me anymore, he is dating with a girl for a while and now they are decide to getting married. i hired a lawyer , and i have all evidence that our marriage is in good faith,

.joint account, joint tax papers, medical insurance,

.same address on both driver's licenses

.lease agreements

.family memebers and freidns certified about our marriage is real

.all bills, (cell phone, home phone, cable etc) under both names

.a lot pics

i showed everything to my lawyer and told her the whole story, my lawyer said if this case, i can try to submit all the document with i-751 (with both names sign on ), may be there is no interview i can get approved. But if there is an interview, he wont show up , then i have to tell them we are filing divore papers, and i have to file i-751 waive again.

Be honest our relationship wasnt that good, then i told my lawyer, my husband is a drug addicted person and he always doubt me staying with other guys, and i had the evidence when we are still married, he having sex with other girls..also i had a letter that he wrote to me that he commit everything he did to prove everything i said is real. he always change his mood, once nice to me, once treat me like ######. This two years, i feel like suffering, he always said get divorce then u go back to china. i feel horrible, but 2 years past, it was time to file the document, he was very nice before he left for the trip, when he came back he know i dont have much time left for filing my document, (about 25 days left) he told me he want to divorce me. I felt he is very bad, so i decide to divorce him and file the i-751 by myself. we both sign on the divorce paper then my lawyer sent everything on 6/8/11

6/8/11 sent i-751

6/11/11 delivered to vermont

6/13/11 date on NOA

6/18/11 received NOA

Is there anyone have similar case like me? since i havent recieve the final divorce paper yet, will uscis ask me wait for that, then deal with my case? my lawyer said my case looking good, ask me dont worry about it, but i still worried, today i receiced the one year extention, am i able to go out of country since i divorced, does it mean my green card alread terminated?

thx for reading, any info i will be appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

some comments:

1. the one year extension is good whether you're divorced or not, so you're ok to leave usa, plan on being back for any USCIS interview, though - the interview is important.

2. the removal of conditions case itself, must be able to show the divorce document, then is some 'self-filing' without the husband/ex-husband, but not need to show it on initial submittal - expect an RFE for it, you've got some time.

3. filing for divorce is not the same as being granted a divorce - self-filing for removal of conditions - needs the divorce decree at some point.

Hopefully others will chime in here - I pray your attorney is an immigration attorney?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

thanks for your comments, my lawyer is an immigration attorney with at least 10 years experiencs. i trust her cuz my friends introduce her to me, their cases are kinda complicated too, she charges a lot , but whenever i ask her if worst to worst, they deny my i-751, what gonna happen, she never replied me directly. she just said why u always think that way, if u have no confident in yourself, who else can help you. i'm kinda disppointed about her reply but i think most lawyers just like that.

do u think my case is looking good by your guys experience? i m waiting for final divorce decree, but i think wont be a problem. Even RFE asking for that, i think 3 months will be enough for me.

other than that, do you think i lack anything else for USCIS, to be a reason for them to deny my case?

thx

Hi,

i was in same boat, and i have interview last month and i show the CO all my paper like you have to :) and i was tell the ture, i got my ROC approved and after 2 week? i got my GC for 10y,,,,, woooooooooohooo.

dont worry and calm down, you have good paper

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

08/2010... Filed for ROC I-751

09/2010... NOA received

10/2010... Biometrics Appointment

05/2011... Interview

06/2011... I-751 Petition Approved

06/2011... GC 10y in Hand

Next step --->

N-400 Final step

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.