DonnaMarie

K1 Denial & Trip to the Consular

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

just a little FYi to people who deal with difficult consulates,the number of pics you present has to go with the amount of time you have spent together

Well I would say that may be true but I can testify that I travelled every other 3-4 months staying 3 weeks each time for almost 2 years of this process. I only sent 10 pictures on one 8x10 and that's all, and Morocco is one of the most high fraud places to interview there is. So it varies and half the time they do not even look at most of the pictures anyway.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Being married doesn't prove a relationship automatically. The fact that it takes so ling to get married there creates a visit that is longer than many employed people can afford and that visit creates more evidence of a relationship. Many people that are dealing with rule heavy countried will travel to a 3rd one to get married. It adds to the hassle of document collection a bit but may work with your timeline. Some CO's are very difficult and will decide that they are going to deny no matter what proof of a relationship you have. Our first K1 interview was a good example of that but the second K1 went well even with the then notoruious Asian lady of Lagos. If they return the petition and you reapply for another K1 and that gets approved they have reivewed the reason for denial and the second one is basically a reaffirmed first petition. This in some ways is stronger than the CR1 that acts like a whole new path.

Being married doesn't prove a relationship automatically. The fact that it takes so ling to get married there creates a visit that is longer than many employed people can afford and that visit creates more evidence of a relationship. Many people that are dealing with rule heavy countried will travel to a 3rd one to get married. It adds to the hassle of document collection a bit but may work with your timeline. Some CO's are very difficult and will decide that they are going to deny no matter what proof of a relationship you have. Our first K1 interview was a good example of that but the second K1 went well even with the then notoruious Asian lady of Lagos. If they return the petition and you reapply for another K1 and that gets approved they have reivewed the reason for denial and the second one is basically a reaffirmed first petition. This in some ways is stronger than the CR1 that acts like a whole new path.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks. Its so sad. I have been crying for 2 days. It is a true love story. We fell in love on a train in Rome and it was love at first sight! Neither of us have ever been married or have children and we just want to be together. He gave up his life in Italy to go to Morocco for the visa so we could be together.

Timeline

Giving up on the K-1 Visa will be like throwing away the chance to make it right.

What were the questions the CO asked your fiancee that he wasnt able to provide

Do you think it could be the age difference

or the Religion Difference

I believe a call to the embassy and asking to speak to the CO that interviewed your man would make a change.You dont need fly down.I have seen such move work in Nigeria,all you need do is prove the genuiety of your love

I call the embassy everyday and they refuse to let me speak to the CO. They won't tell me the questions all the questions or the reasons but did say he does not speak English. He speaks Italian, French, Arabic we communicate through Italian. I guess they don't believe that. It could be the age difference but I look really young and neither of us have ever been married or have children and we want to start a family.I emailed the consulate and am waiting for a response as to why the denial. I have travelled to Italy to see him twice. The problem is his petition is only valid until 08/03/2011 and by the time the Casablance Consulate sends the paperwork back to USCIS for review it could be expired.I don't know if I should go there and get married or wait and try what you say.

Timeline

You could be right. The problem is his petition is only valid until 08/03/11 and the paperwork may not come back to USCIS in time. Do I need to reapply for a whole new K1 or is there an appeal process for the denied first one?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I call the embassy everyday and they refuse to let me speak to the CO. They won't tell me the questions all the questions or the reasons but did say he does not speak English. He speaks Italian, French, Arabic we communicate through Italian. I guess they don't believe that. It could be the age difference but I look really young and neither of us have ever been married or have children and we want to start a family.I emailed the consulate and am waiting for a response as to why the denial. I have travelled to Italy to see him twice. The problem is his petition is only valid until 08/03/2011 and by the time the Casablance Consulate sends the paperwork back to USCIS for review it could be expired.I don't know if I should go there and get married or wait and try what you say.

Couldn't he have had an Italian translator?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

; what's up with the so many denials in Marocco :pop:

It's sad!! I hope things will work out for you!!!

Lots of fraudulent relationships attempting to obtain fiance and spouse visas through Casablanca. This one fits the profile that many others do.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Lots of fraudulent relationships attempting to obtain fiance and spouse visas through Casablanca. This one fits the profile that many others do.

You are saying that their relationship is fraudulent?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

Timeline

This is not fraudulent. We met on a train in Rome and fell in love. We did not meet on the internet. It is probably the most genuine relationship that there is. We talk everyday. I am trying to figure out how to put our profile picture up.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Of course not. I don't know anything about their actual relationship except what is posted here. I said their case fits a profile that is often denied for the reason they were given. At least one party to any denial is almost always certain the denial was not justified. Sometimes that party is a victim of fraud themselves and sometimes the denial is unjustified. A profile is a profile. It doesn't help to try to read extra things into what's said here. The solution to the OP's problem will be to provide the kind of evidence of bona fides that gets the desired result. In this kind of case, that evidence usually includes a marriage certificate, several months living together as a married couple and a new spouse visa process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Of course not. I don't know anything about their actual relationship except what is posted here. I said their case fits a profile that is often denied for the reason they were given. At least one party to any denial is almost always certain the denial was not justified. Sometimes that party is a victim of fraud themselves and sometimes the denial is unjustified. A profile is a profile. It doesn't help to try to read extra things into what's said here. The solution to the OP's problem will be to provide the kind of evidence of bona fides that gets the desired result. In this kind of case, that evidence usually includes a marriage certificate, several months living together as a married couple and a new spouse visa process.

My Question is do we have a better chance of getting approved if I get Married in Morocco or appeal the finace visa or refile the fiance visa. I have a serious career that will not allow me to move to Morocco for 3 months. I could go to Morocco for 2 weeks max at a time. I am District Manager and cannot leave for 3 months. By the way we fell in love on a train in Rome and have not gone one day without speaking to each other on skype or the telephone. It is genuine and I'm heartbroken and so is he.

Timeline

This is not fraudulent. We met on a train in Rome and fell in love. We did not meet on the internet. It is probably the most genuine relationship that there is. We talk everyday. I am trying to figure out how to put our profile picture up.

I think the issue is that you speak Italian together, and not any of the languages of your own countries. This put up a 'fraud' flag for them at that consulate. This doesn't mean it's fraudulent, just that they are giving more scrutiny to your case. Also, how much time did you two spend together?

I think you need to figure out this obstacle to your case, like having an Italian translator.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014

He answered a question that was asked as to why there are so many denials in Morocco.

He wasn't giving his opinion of the OP's relationship. :bonk:

Timeline

We spent the three weeks when I initially met him in May and then I flew back to Rome for 10days in October. Then his interview was June. I was deciding if I should go to Morocco next week and try to speak to the consulate before they send the paperwork back. Or get my paperwork together to get married in a couple of weeks and then reapply for the k3. I am getting different responses.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.