APlusJ

AHHH DOS

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I called DOS again today, and I'm pretty sure the lady I talked to was the same unhelpful lady I talked to a week or two ago. AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME! She told me my case was still in AP, and I was like "ok" and I explained to her that the guy I talked to last week (who was sooooo nice!) said if I didnt have anything by this week to call back and they could contact the consulate for me to see what was going on" and she was like "no, it hasnt even been a month, you need to wait" and I was like "No, it's been over a month" and she said "well it could take 3-6 months so you just need to wait" and then tried to tell me that Montreal is fast and efficient and never has problems or complaints. WHAT!? I (not rude or anything, Im actually meek/timid and thats something Im working on!) started to ask about what the guy last week had said again, and she interrupted me and said This Call is over, goodbye!

AHHHH!! I hate DOS! Why do they have some awesome agents and some horrible ones?! This lady was so rude! WAHHH! I want my visa! Should I try calling back to see if I can speak to someone else? Do they know how many times Ive called, does it say in my file? haha.

Should I try calling the consulate in Montreal directly?

Edited by APlusJ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Call back see if you can get someone else.

They keep a log everytime you call yes. But who cares!

Montreal consul does not take phone calls about visas or visa status only emails which they rarely answer.

Calling DOS is really your best bet to get information.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

call back and if you get the same lady, ask to speak to a supervisor. Some of the government workers seem to forget they are there to serve us.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I called DOS again today, and I'm pretty sure the lady I talked to was the same unhelpful lady I talked to a week or two ago. AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME! She told me my case was still in AP, and I was like "ok" and I explained to her that the guy I talked to last week (who was sooooo nice!) said if I didnt have anything by this week to call back and they could contact the consulate for me to see what was going on" and she was like "no, it hasnt even been a month, you need to wait" and I was like "No, it's been over a month" and she said "well it could take 3-6 months so you just need to wait" and then tried to tell me that Montreal is fast and efficient and never has problems or complaints. WHAT!? I (not rude or anything, Im actually meek/timid and thats something Im working on!) started to ask about what the guy last week had said again, and she interrupted me and said This Call is over, goodbye!

AHHHH!! I hate DOS! Why do they have some awesome agents and some horrible ones?! This lady was so rude! WAHHH! I want my visa! Should I try calling back to see if I can speak to someone else? Do they know how many times Ive called, does it say in my file? haha.

Have you tried emailing Montreal?? at Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

it may take a few days for them to get back to you... but maybe you'd have better luck..... I dunno... blink.gif (make sure you include your MTL number when writing them)

@#$#%!!! mad.gif that sucks that you are getting such a runaround!!!

call back and if you get the same lady, ask to speak to a supervisor. Some of the government workers seem to forget they are there to serve us.

Yea, if you get her again I second this. I'm a call centre manager and that sort of attitude is completely insane, you at least have a better shot of "true" information if you speak with a supervisor/manager. (If DOS even has an escalation process, sigh.)

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Ahhh.. I think i know exactly who you are talking about.. Think i've got her 2 out of the 4 times ive called DOS. Called again, asking if there was any progress or info that my passport was going to be sent. She said its issued why are you calling, im said id like to know if there is a waybill, she said call DHL.. Duh DHL needs the waybill to find the info.. She says well what did they tell you at your interview.. (Does that even have any relevance to what i was asking her, no) Then she says well does DHL have you address, if it being delivered to your house (Dont they have our chosen DHL locations in our files) Urgh... she was soooooooooooo frustrating. She didnt hang up on me, but i pretty much just ended to convo at that before i flipped out!

Timeline

Must be the same lady who just said Hello when she answered the phone. Didnt say who it was or where I called, thought it was pretty rude. Had her a couple times....I think she needs a new job or something. She talked to me like I interrupted her from something important. That lady has hung up on me every time I get her on the phone. Wish i would get that one nice lady again. Or that guy i talked to the other day, he was nice too. Someone who would tell me something good/helpful would be nice as well lol

Timeline

Wow... This lady sounds horrible! I would call back and hope for someone else. Next time you get her ask for her name and ask to speak to her supervisor!

I think I had this lady the first time I called DoS to ask about Pkt4. She didn't give her name or anything, just told me I was not able to book an appointment even though Pkt4 had been logged. I hung up on her though and waited about 20 minutes before calling back and getting a different person.

Ahh there is someone out there looking out for me!! Just got an email

Dear SABRINA CANTAFIO, Your passport has been picked up from the Consular Section and within the next few days you will be able to pick it up at: DHL Dorval HOLD FOR PICKUP1805 Chemin St Francois

Tried to track the Waybill number but guess it hasnt been scanned yet.

Not to mention this morning DOS told me it wasnt even printed yet.. so dont believe DOS ever.. just keep checking for an email around 7PM :)

No need to cancel my American Fiances air ticket, and i wont need to drive 40 hrs alone.. :)

Timeline

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll try again tomorrow, and hopefully I wont get her again. I think I might just keep hanging up until i get that nice guy again!!

neoalissa pocheros & SabrinaandMatt, Im SURE thats the same person! She never says her name, I can barely hear her, and she just sounds soooo annoyed. AUGJ!

Sabrina, YAY!! I am so excited for you that you got your visa! Congrats! Which state are you driving to!?

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll try again tomorrow, and hopefully I wont get her again. I think I might just keep hanging up until i get that nice guy again!!

neoalissa pocheros & SabrinaandMatt, Im SURE thats the same person! She never says her name, I can barely hear her, and she just sounds soooo annoyed. AUGJ!

Sabrina, YAY!! I am so excited for you that you got your visa! Congrats! Which state are you driving to!?

A long 40 Hrs to Northern Utah... At least now i can do the drive with Matt, I can drive my truck well enough, but a 12 foot trailer.. not too sure that woulds worked too well. Thank goodness hes in construction and the Uhaul trailer size is a joke for him to drive. Not just for the POE, kinda worried about the process, going to import my Dodge Ram, and i have a doggie along for the ride also. Hope everything runs smoothly at Port Huron Friday Morning :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

A long 40 Hrs to Northern Utah... At least now i can do the drive with Matt, I can drive my truck well enough, but a 12 foot trailer.. not too sure that woulds worked too well. Thank goodness hes in construction and the Uhaul trailer size is a joke for him to drive. Not just for the POE, kinda worried about the process, going to import my Dodge Ram, and i have a doggie along for the ride also. Hope everything runs smoothly at Port Huron Friday Morning :)

Congrats on the visa! I'm in Utah, too -- you'll have to let me know how your drive goes so I can pass it along to my fiance when he drives down (coincidentally, his name is also Matt).

2010-11-22: I-129F Sent

2010-11-23: I-129F Received

2010-11-29: NOA1

2010-12-29: Touched

2011-03-18: Touched

2011-04-15: NOA2

2011-04-25: NVC Received

2011-05-06: Packet 3 Issued

2011-06-04: Packet 3 Logged/Packet 4 Sent (Delayed as we forgot the DS-160)

2011-08-02: Medical

2011-08-08: Interview - APPROVED

2011-08-12: Visa @ DHL

2011-08-16: POE at Winnipeg International Airport

2011-08-17: Wedding

Timeline

So I just called back and I talked to a really really nice guy (I think he said his name was Carl) and he said for sure he can contact the consulate to see whats going on, and that I should call back in a few days and hopefully the consulate will have replied. He was SO nice and when was so quick to be like "yeah, I can do that, I'll just send an email for you!" So, basically, PROOF that there ARE nice, helpful people working at DOS!!

Timeline

So I just called back and I talked to a really really nice guy (I think he said his name was Carl) and he said for sure he can contact the consulate to see whats going on, and that I should call back in a few days and hopefully the consulate will have replied. He was SO nice and when was so quick to be like "yeah, I can do that, I'll just send an email for you!" So, basically, PROOF that there ARE nice, helpful people working at DOS!!

any word on your visa yet??? Ours seems to be lost in the abyss of AP as well and I was hoping for some encouraging news ....

Timeline

i JUST logged on to the website thinking it would still be blank, BUT WE FINALLY HAVE A WAYBILL NUMBER! :D :D :D YAY!!

Hang in there, itll happen! How many days has it been now? I got DOS to email the consulate to inquire about the hold up after a month!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.