Ro Damon

What docs does my fiance need to present at the interviw

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline

HEY VJERS!!!

Just a quick question, is there any documents that I need to send my fiance in the foreign country? I know that I'll send him the enter duplicate of the first sent out package with evidence of our relationship etc....but are there anymore forms proceeding that I'll have to have notarized and send it to him for the interview or anything that needs to be notarized here in the US in general. Does he need to have passport pics of me?

I really just want to be on top of things before they ask for it, because mail from the US to Guyana might take a bit and my brother will be going to Guyana next Saturday so I really just want to send allllllll needed docs then... so please assist me if you can.

My fiance is a police in Guyana so wont need any probs getting a police clearance but when do we need that? Is that for his interview?

Here are the things ill be sending:

the entire i-129f package sent in initially (duplicate)

i-134 for me the petitioner (Is this the right AOS for me)

the i-134 affidavit of support of my friend( who will be the co-sponsor)

FYI I just say that the check was cashed yesterday :) Havent gotten my NOA1 hard copy yet....

-_-

Thanks,

RO

Jun 02, 2011- Applied for I-129F (I-129F) Visa

USCIS

Jun 08, 2011- NOA1 Received I-129F

Jun 13, 2011- USCIS Acceptance confirmation (via Email)

Jun 16, 2011- Received NOA1 Hardcopy

Nov 15, 2011- Put in Service Request (Over 5months)

Nov 23, 2011- Response via email to SR (case "Pending")

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

Dec 08, 2011- Congressman/Local Rep's inquiry made

Dec 09, 2011- USCIS Text/Email with approval (NOA2) 6 months and 2 days

Dec 14, 2011- Receive NOA2 Hardcopy

NVC

Dec 14, 2011 NVC Received -Got Case number(YAY)

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Dec 28, 2011 Consulate Received Case

Dec 28, 2011 Packet 3 Received (via email upon my request)

Dec 29, 2011 Packet 3 Sent

Jan 05, 2012 Packet 4 Received

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Jan 28, 2012 VISA IN HAND! Yay!

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

May 07, 2012 Mailed AOS, EAD and AP( Express 2 day )

May 09, 2012 Packet received and signed for

May 11, 2012 Email/Text receipt

God you know my heart and its desire, I'll wait for your time :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; one tip... don't send anything to your fiance YET.. I would suggest you send out the package right after receiving NOA2.

It will take an other 2/3 weeks before he receives packet 3, and then he has to send the required forms back to the US Consulate/Embassy (DS 156k, DS156 (2x), DS-230, only part 1 signed). Then an other 2/3 weeks for the packet 4 (interiew date) arrive and then you have to wait 4/6 weeks for the actual interview. (all in all, so much time to send in everything, trust me)

Don't fill in anything yet, as the date on the forms would be "old" after months...

The I-129f package you can send right after NOA2 + a new package with the requested forms (affidit of support) and new proof between the NOA1/NOA2 such as tickets, hotel receipts, pictures, phone/chat logs.

Send it all together, and it should arrive way before he actually receives his packet 4.

Just my two cents :whistle:

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Timeline

; one tip... don't send anything to your fiance YET.. I would suggest you send out the package right after receiving NOA2.

It will take an other 2/3 weeks before he receives packet 3, and then he has to send the required forms back to the US Consulate/Embassy (DS 156k, DS156 (2x), DS-230, only part 1 signed). Then an other 2/3 weeks for the packet 4 (interiew date) arrive and then you have to wait 4/6 weeks for the actual interview. (all in all, so much time to send in everything, trust me)

Don't fill in anything yet, as the date on the forms would be "old" after months...

The I-129f package you can send right after NOA2 + a new package with the requested forms (affidit of support) and new proof between the NOA1/NOA2 such as tickets, hotel receipts, pictures, phone/chat logs.

Send it all together, and it should arrive way before he actually receives his packet 4.

Just my two cents :whistle:

So here is where I wanted to send the docs i have now from the initial package i sent in. MY BROTHER IS GOING HOME and i wanted to get some of that stuff out. I wasnt trying to fill in any additional docs like the "DS 156k, DS156 (2x), DS-230, only part 1 signed" I just wanted to get the heavy stuff out like my packet 1 (initial packet)out to him.

But thanks for the help with the timeline on things also is the DS 156k necessary for every case?

Best regards,

Ro

USCIS

Nov 28, 2011- Wrote letter to My district's Representative thru webpage (Gregory Meeks)

Dec 02, 2011- Went to the Local Reps office to have them look into the case further

Dec 07, 2011- Wrote email to the vermont service center ( the got back to me Dec 20, of course to tell me I was approved due to the congressman's inquiry)

NVC

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Feb 18, 2012 Hand in hand; NYC Bound to enjoy the COLD with me....staying warm of course *wink wink* \

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

HEY VJERS!!!

Just a quick question, is there any documents that I need to send my fiance in the foreign country? I know that I'll send him the enter duplicate of the first sent out package with evidence of our relationship etc....but are there anymore forms proceeding that I'll have to have notarized and send it to him for the interview or anything that needs to be notarized here in the US in general. Does he need to have passport pics of me?

I really just want to be on top of things before they ask for it, because mail from the US to Guyana might take a bit and my brother will be going to Guyana next Saturday so I really just want to send allllllll needed docs then... so please assist me if you can.

My fiance is a police in Guyana so wont need any probs getting a police clearance but when do we need that? Is that for his interview?

Here are the things ill be sending:

the entire i-129f package sent in initially (duplicate)

i-134 for me the petitioner (Is this the right AOS for me)

the i-134 affidavit of support of my friend( who will be the co-sponsor)

FYI I just say that the check was cashed yesterday :) Havent gotten my NOA1 hard copy yet....

-_-

Thanks,

RO

Hi Ro Damon,

I would just send the copy of the i-129F if you want to send something with your brother and wait on sending the I-134F with the supporting documents. You have at least another 4-5 months before you receive the NOA2. You want the I-134F and supporting documents to have dates that are closer to the interview vs it being 5-6 months old. The I-134F is not needed until your fiance goes for the interview. I would send it closer to when he hears about the interview date or at the earliest when he receives package 3.

I will actually bring the paperwork and copies with me since I'm going to Guyana for the interview.

11-27-10 Mailed I-129F package

11-30-10 Package delievered to Dallas Lockbox

12-02-10 NOA1 notice date

12-03-10 check cashed

12-06-10 received NOA1 email

12-08-10 "touched"

12-10-10 received hardcopy of NOA1

04-08-11 NOA 2!!!

04-15-11 NVC Received

04-20-11 NVC left (to the wrong embassy...*boo hoo*)

05-06-11 Embassy Received (to the right embassy *yay!*)

05-14-11 Packet 3 Received

05-16-11 Packet 3 Sent

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Hi Ro Damon,

I would just send the copy of the i-129F if you want to send something with your brother and wait on sending the I-134F with the supporting documents. You have at least another 4-5 months before you receive the NOA2. You want the I-134F and supporting documents to have dates that are closer to the interview vs it being 5-6 months old. The I-134F is not needed until your fiance goes for the interview. I would send it closer to when he hears about the interview date or at the earliest when he receives package 3.

I will actually bring the paperwork and copies with me since I'm going to Guyana for the interview.

THnx, sorry I didnt reply earlier, as you kno this can be A LOT to take in at once :) I actually went home for 2 weeks! which i didnt think id be able to do. i took the remainder of the docs....and now have a pretty good idea of the process

Thanks again hun...btw your face looks knowing :)

USCIS

NVC

Dec 16, 2012 NVC Left

Consulate

Jan 25, 2012 Interview

Mar 24, 2012 OUR BIG DAY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.