kaibosh

Best way to get last check

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Another quick question for ppl who have already crossed, my last check from my current employer will be deposited into my account after I have crossed already, I bank with CIBC, any suggestions of what the best way to get it into US funds would be? I guess I could transfer it to my paypal account then into my fiances account but I'm pretty sure they have a high exchange rate. Any ideas?

Another quick question for ppl who have already crossed, my last check from my current employer will be deposited into my account after I have crossed already, I bank with CIBC, any suggestions of what the best way to get it into US funds would be? I guess I could transfer it to my paypal account then into my fiances account but I'm pretty sure they have a high exchange rate. Any ideas?

Would it be possible to have your employer give you your paycheck in hand? Sorry if I am not much help, but this is what I am going to have my current employer do. :(

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Quite a few people from VJ use Custom House to transfer funds.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I go down the street to the corner atm(MTB bank) and take out the money from my CIBC account using my bank card lol. My family still occasionally sends me some cash so its the easier way for them and me. Pretty simple.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Swap over to TD Bank and use a "Borderless" account as the destination for the funds.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I go down the street to the corner atm(MTB bank) and take out the money from my CIBC account using my bank card lol. My family still occasionally sends me some cash so its the easier way for them and me. Pretty simple.

What do they charge you to withdraw money from your CIBC account, always heard theres been a pretty hefty fee associate with using your bank card in the states.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What do they charge you to withdraw money from your CIBC account, always heard theres been a pretty hefty fee associate with using your bank card in the states.

That's a CIBC fee - look it up on their website.

The fee is because a)you're not using CIBC's machine and b) there will be an exchange rate fee - frequently based on how much you withdrew.

How have you paid for anything while you visited down here before? It's a couple bucks....just go to the bank machine and suck it up :)

or send your parents your bankcard and have them withdraw the money and send you a money order or do Custom House

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I opened a U.S. checking account at my bank (TD) that I am gradually adding funds to it, plus I can transfer online from my cdn accounts. I can't access the U.S. funds with a bank card but I will be able to write checks and deposit into his bank. We will have our joint account as soon as I get there. No fees other than the usual service charges and no fluctuating exchange rate to deal with.

Just another idea for you to think about. :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I bank with Wells Fargo down here and I left my savings account with Prospera open back in Canada because my mom likes to put money in there for me for Christmas etc.. and I also set it up as a joint account with my mom..

anywho I just use my card at the WF ATM and I get charged the usual fee for using a non-WF card and then the Prospera bank takes out a service fee of around 3 bucks but sometimes I use my Prospera card at a store and I don't get charged the WF ATM fee.. but not all places will take the card.. well, so far the only place I have found that doesn't tale it is Walmart...

if you are going to leave an account open back in Canada I would recommenced a savings account but I guess it depends on how you have your checking account set up.. mine would take out a service fee every month so after a few months down here in the US , I got my mom do shut down the checking part and leave the savings open.. now they only charge when I use the card..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

atm cards are cool ! fees abound ! but it works.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I looked up my cibc account I took out 390.00 US and is was 392.65Can from my bank (think we were pretty par at the time) then I was charged a 3.00 teller charge. Thats it However when you go to a bank machine you can usually check your balance before taking anything out that will tell you how much you are losing on the Trade.

Good luck..

Like I said I use a M&t bank machine

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.