ARNEE1

need help, ive never posted anthing and i need help

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi everyone, im new to this website, which is like the answer to all my prayers, ive never posted anything in my life i dont know if im doing this right, as far as where or how to post stuff. i have a question about the form ds-160 and ds-260, im filing a I129-f for my fiancee in mexico, i called the consulate there and they told me they cant help me with any questions about the ds-260. when i was filling it out towards the end it asks if the petitioner (me) is either her... father,mother,spouse,sibling or employer. im her fiance were not married yet. what should i put for that question. please help !!

Once she is ready for the interview, they will ask her to bring in a completed form DS-156 (or maybe DS-160, I don't know which one Mexico uses).

Edited by Eric-Pris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why are you filling out a DS-260? That is an Immigrant Visa application, and the Fiance Visa is considered a Nonimmigrant Visa. That is why there is no option of "fiance" on that application.

Because for some reason, Juarez is now making the K-1 applicants fill it out.

OP> Others put spouse because it was the closest thing. Read through this thread. It is long, but might help you out: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/298777-ds-260-form-as-of-march-1st-2011/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Once she is ready for the interview, they will ask her to bring in a completed form DS-156 (or maybe DS-160, I don't know which one Mexico uses).

SORRY I DIDNT MENTION I ALLREADY FILED THE I-129F AND IT GOT APPROVED AND I GOT A LETTER FROM THE NVC SAYING THAT THEY RECEIVED IT APPROVED IT AND WERE GOING TO FORWARD MY PETITION TO CONSULATE IN JUAREZ. AND THEN I GOT A LETTER FROM THE CONSULATE SAYING I GOTTA GO TO A WEBSITE AND FILL OUT THE DS-260 AND THAT'S WHERE IT ASK'S IF IM HER SPOUSE OR MOTHER OR FATHER AND STUFF BUT DOSENT GIVE THE OPTION TO PUT THAT IM HER FIANCE. AND I HAVE TO FINISH FILLING THAT OUT TO GET A CONFERMATION NUMBER SO I COULD THEN MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE INTERVIEW.

NOW IM ALSO WONDERING DOES SHE HAVE TO GO TO A DIFFRENT APPOINTMENT TO GET HER FINGERPRINTS TAKEN, OR IS THAT ALL DONE AT THE INTERVIEW????

Timeline

SORRY I DIDNT MENTION I ALLREADY FILED THE I-129F AND IT GOT APPROVED AND I GOT A LETTER FROM THE NVC SAYING THAT THEY RECEIVED IT APPROVED IT AND WERE GOING TO FORWARD MY PETITION TO CONSULATE IN JUAREZ. AND THEN I GOT A LETTER FROM THE CONSULATE SAYING I GOTTA GO TO A WEBSITE AND FILL OUT THE DS-260 AND THAT'S WHERE IT ASK'S IF IM HER SPOUSE OR MOTHER OR FATHER AND STUFF BUT DOSENT GIVE THE OPTION TO PUT THAT IM HER FIANCE. AND I HAVE TO FINISH FILLING THAT OUT TO GET A CONFERMATION NUMBER SO I COULD THEN MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE INTERVIEW.

NOW IM ALSO WONDERING DOES SHE HAVE TO GO TO A DIFFRENT APPOINTMENT TO GET HER FINGERPRINTS TAKEN, OR IS THAT ALL DONE AT THE INTERVIEW????

OH AND ALSO IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE DS-156 AND THE DS-156K WHICH IS THE ONE I NEED TO FILL OUT??

OH AND ALSO IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE DS-156 AND THE DS-156K WHICH IS THE ONE I NEED TO FILL OUT??

Yes there's a difference, it should have said on the packet they sent you.

The VJ info for your embassy says you need to fill DS-156 (Non immigrant Visa application) in duplicate and 1 DS-156K (Non Immigrant fiance Visa application.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

Yes there's a difference, it should have said on the packet they sent you.

The VJ info for your embassy says you need to fill DS-156 (Non immigrant Visa application) in duplicate and 1 DS-156K (Non Immigrant fiance Visa application.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

Good luck!

THANKS!! 1 MORE QUESTION .....On this site you will also be able to fill out the newly required DS-160 and the new version of DS-156K, choose a DHL pickup location, and pay your MRV fee.

WHAT IS "MRV" AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Like I posted above, see this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/298777-ds-260-form-as-of-march-1st-2011/

Also, read the info on the Juarez Consulate site, such as this: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/pdfs/pk1iv.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Unfortunately I'm not this far into my visa journey yet, so I can't be of much help, but I wanted to take a moment to wish you the very very best of luck on your journey. :star:

December 2nd, 2011 - AOS Packet sent

December 8th, 2011 - Received electronic NOA1

January 3rd, 2012 - Received notification that case has been transferred to CSC

January 4th, 2012 - Biometrics

February 11th, 2012 - Employment Authorization Card received

February 25th, 2012 - Social Security Card received

August 24th, 2012 - Green Card Received

August, 2014 - I-751 sent

August 2014 (two weeks later) - NOA1 Received

March 2015 - RFE Received

May 2015 - RFE Packet Sent

July 28th - Letter received for interview

August 13th - Interview (GC Pending)

THANKS!! 1 MORE QUESTION .....On this site you will also be able to fill out the newly required DS-160 and the new version of DS-156K, choose a DHL pickup location, and pay your MRV fee.

WHAT IS "MRV" AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST??

MRV fee - Machine Readable Visa fee. I don't know how much it costs and could be embassy specific.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

Unfortunately I'm not this far into my visa journey yet, so I can't be of much help, but I wanted to take a moment to wish you the very very best of luck on your journey. :star:

THANKS YOU C MED!! I WISH YOU LOTS OF LUCK IN YOUR JOURNEY AS WELL!!!

AND THANK YOU JAY KAY ALSO FOR YOUR HELP, I DONT KNOW IF U NOTICED BUT ON THAT LINK YOU GAVE ME... http://ciudadjuarez..../pdfs/pk1iv.pdf IN THE SPANISH VERSION IT SAYS I HAVE TO FILL OUT THE FORM DS-260 BUT IN THE ENGLISH VERSION IT SAYS TO FILL OUT THE DS-160 THATS WHY IM CONFUSED!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i have a question about the form ds-160

The DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, is a fully integrated online application form that is used to collect the necessary application information from a person seeking a nonimmigrant visa for temporary travel to the United States. Form DS-160 is submitted electronically to the Department of State website via the Internet. Consular Officers use the information entered on the DS-160 to process the visa application and, combined with a personal interview, determine an applicant’s eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa.

Visa applicants must submit a completed DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application for all nonimmigrant visa categories (except for K, N, S, T, and U categories, which still use the Form DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application). :bonk:

url=http://www.tickerclub.com/]e736e35a2b.png[/url]

Time is relative... The mind makes it slow, the heart makes it fast, our friends make it worth while, and words... make it timeless.

12/27/10 NOA 1 hard copy received in Mail

12/31/10 USICS Notification on Website

05/04/11 2nd notice of Approval via website and text message! Thank you Jesus!

05/09/11 2nd notice I-797 hard copy arrives in mail.

05/11/11 NVC receives approved K-1 visa

05/13/11 NVC ships K-1 to Bogota

05/16/11 K-1 arrives at Embassy

05/18/11 E-mail Packet #3 to Embassy

07/28/11 Appointment scheduled at Embassy in Bogota. # Visa Approved #

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.