chman_zinga

ANY RECENT POE EXPERIENCE AT TORONTO ???

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HI Guys

I will be having my POE on coming Saturday May 28th through Toronto Pearson Airport around noon time.

Can anyone with recent POE through Pearson can tell me how long it normally takes and what kind of questions and documents do they ask ?

apart from Passport and Sealed Envelope.

How long prior to my Flight Time I should be there so I can have smooth POE.

Any help from anybody would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chman_Zinga

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

my husband went thru Pearson's in Feb and all you need is your passport and sealed envelope. I would arrive about an hour atleast ahead of time. Thats what he did and no problems. They did a full search on him and asked a few questions, nothing to stress over.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When you say full search what did they do? They went through all his luggages and belongigs like wallet and pockets ??

Chman_Zinga

my husband went thru Pearson's in Feb and all you need is your passport and sealed envelope. I would arrive about an hour atleast ahead of time. Thats what he did and no problems. They did a full search on him and asked a few questions, nothing to stress over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are going at noon, give yourself 2 hours to go through customs.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

To be safe, I would say more like 3 hours.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I had around 3.5 hours (it was a little more or a little less, I can't remember)... and I almost missed my flight because there were so many people ahead of me in Secondary, and they don't care when your flight is, or the reason you've been sent to Secondary. Once it was finally my turn, the whole procedure took under 2 minutes.. my passport was stamped, and the i94 was stapled in, and I was told to get married in 90 days, and off I went.

Then you have to wait and go through security. I would just rather be safe than sorry. YYZ isn't the most exciting airport, but you can find something to do for an hour or so if you manage to get through immigration quickly.

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Timeline

Sorry, yes listen to their advice. What i meant was add an extra hour to what they recommend for international flights. For example they say arrive 2 hours prior to your flight. And then add an extra hour to that, so 3 hours total to be early. :) Everyone else seems to say the same thing. No worries, just arrive what all you need and plenty of time and it will go smoothly.

Timeline

They basically did a "normal" body search like they do with the metal detectors. From what I remember from the YYZ airport when I can thru as a US citizen coming back to USA they do a search (regardless of where you from) and then you go thru another detector again. That is what i can remember to the best of my knowledge. Hope this helps.

Timeline

I POE'd at Pearson in late 2010. For some reason the airport was really busy that day (I don't think it was a weekend), and it took 3 hours from the time I set foot inside the terminal, until when I was at the gate. I arrived 4 hours early, just in case, and made it to gate with half hour to spare before boarding. I was activating a K1. The largest amount of time was spent in secondary screening, waiting for the people in front of me. The actual paper processing took about 20 minutes (they were nice, just asked me to fill out a couple forms, reminded me to get married within 90 days and not to leave the US until I had AP or AOS complete). No one went through my bags. (apart from the routine Xray screen for carry on baggage).

Paperwork: I took the sealed envelope and my passport for POE. Nothing else was needed, but you may want to take a pen. I had other documents as well, which I took to the US since I knew I'd be needing most of them for AOS, but not required for AOS.

I used to fly frequently out of Pearson before I moved to the US, and anytime you fly to the US, the time to get through bag check, CBP, security (minus visa activation) varies: anywhere from 30 minutes if the airport is not busy to 2.5 hours! I've arrived 3 hours in advance a few times, and nearly missed my flight!

Advice: get to Pearson early!

Edited by lovetimhortons

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does the sealed envelope get mailed with the stamped Visa and passport?

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

Does the sealed envelope get mailed with the stamped Visa and passport?

Yes.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Yes.

tY...wow big banging storm here today...thanks again.

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.