Linha87

Questions - After NOA2

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone! So, I have a couple of questions regarding the K-1 process after the NOA2, I don't know if it is only to me or if you guys feel the same, but now it seems more confusing than before.

1st - We called NVC and they gave us our case number and said our process was forwarded to the Embassy in Brazil, so I e-mailed the embassy to see if they could give me the interview date prior to the packet arriving, what they replied was that "the case was electronically forwarded" to them and we did not have an interview date yet scheduled. So, does it mean that physically our process is still at the NVC? And "to be sent electronically to the Embassy" means that it is on the Embassy system waiting for them to schedule the interview?

2nd - Another question is, please correct me if I'm wrong, as far as I know the NVC is the one who contacts the embassy and schedule the interview date, so when our packet lives to Brazil the date is suposed to be already scheduled, right?! That being said, can the NVC tell us what date our interview was scheduled for?

3rd - I've seen some people saying that they could track their cases on the DHL website, through "Tracking By Shipper's Reference", however I've tried doing it and I couldn't find any case forwarded to Brazil on May, does anyone know how to track the cases sent to Brazil? I don't really get what should I use as "* Shipper´s Reference" I tried what I've seen in some posts like "EXP MAY 2011A" but it doesn't seem to work!

4th - I guess this doubt would be more directed to the Brazilians who have been through the K-1 process before, I would like to know if you guys know what would be the average time to get the passport with the visa stamped back after it is approved?! I am just not sure how long after the interview date I should schedule my flight, I wish I could schedule for the same day lol Oh yeah, I live in Rio de Janeiro, so maybe it would be fast!? Please someone enlighten me!!!

Any help would be really appreciated!!!

Thank you all in advance!

* Love conquers all *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please see the flow chart to show the process of the K-1

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Hi Inky! Thank you for the quick reply, however I have already looked at the flowchart before but it still doesn't answer my questions...it is too vague...i.e. It doesn't say anything about this "electronically forwarded to the Embassy" thing and neither if the NVC can tell me my interview date or if only the Embassy can tell me that.

Maybe I'm just too anxious and I should wait till the end of this week to give the NVC a call again.

* Love conquers all *

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, I am CR-1 Visa but I guess I can help you with some topics, not all them though. I was told NVC schedules interviews for the CR-1 cases not K-1, only the embassy schedules interviews for fiancee visas.

You can track my case on DHL put EXP 16 may 2011a and select the dates: 05/16/11 as far and you will see it :)

A friend I made here have had his interview yesterday and consulate said it is up 2 weeks.

Good luck! You will have your interview date assigned very soon!

Edited by Caroline Canton

visit my blog! :)http://brazilianspouse.blogspot.com/

Married: 07/27/2010

I 130 Sent: 10/22/2010

NOA1: 10/27/2010

NOA2: 03/11/2011

NVC Received: 03/28/2011

Emailed DS-3032: 03/30/2011

Paid online AOS fee: 03/31/2011

Paid online IV fee: 04/01/2011

Mailed I-864 package: 04/15/2011

Mailed IV package: 04/15/2011

SIF: 05/11/2011

Case Completed: 05/12/2011

Interview date assigned: 05/16/2011

Medical: 05/27/2011

Interview: 06/29/2011

POE at Lax: 08/10/2011

Timeline

Well, I am CR-1 Visa but I guess I can help you with some topics, not all them though. I was told NVC schedules interviews for the CR-1 cases not K-1, only the embassy schedules interviews for fiancee visas.

You can track my case on DHL put EXP 16 may 2011a and select the dates: 05/16/11 as far and you will see it :)

A friend I made here have had his interview yesterday and consulate said it is up 2 weeks.

Good luck! You will have your interview date assigned very soon!

Hi Caroline! :) Thank you for the reply! You're right about that, I guess many people must be confused because there are some posts saying that the NVC schedules the interview with the embassy, I just called them and the operator told me that the NVC doesn't schedule the interviews for K-1 though! The embassy is the one who does that and my petition was sent out last friday so I really hope to get my interview date soon!!! Just too anxious!!!I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about! lol

Thank you very much and good luck to all of us!!! :)

* Love conquers all *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Caroline! :) Thank you for the reply! You're right about that, I guess many people must be confused because there are some posts saying that the NVC schedules the interview with the embassy, I just called them and the operator told me that the NVC doesn't schedule the interviews for K-1 though! The embassy is the one who does that and my petition was sent out last friday so I really hope to get my interview date soon!!! Just too anxious!!!I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about! lol

Thank you very much and good luck to all of us!!! :)

It should be at the embassy soon. Give them a few more days then email again. They will schedule your interview not nvc. I think it took about a week to get the passport back. Good luck!

Edited by menina
event.png

Timeline

Hi!

Email them (brasil consulate) after another week, they will give you the interview information, email is the best way to contact. After the interview, you should receive the visa/passport back within a day or two, we had ours the next day with expedited in Rio.

Boa Sorte!

Adriana y Gene

Edited by bluexdiver

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.