marieMH

Passport-style color photograph with the I-129F package

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My lawyer didn't send passport-style photos with the form I-129F,,,and when my fiancé asked, he told him that the photos are not needed now, only at the interview.

Do you think that would cause a RFE??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes it will. because it says QUITE CLEARLY in the instructions for the G-325A that photos are required. I suggest you get a new lawyer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, Welcome To VJ :)

Read over these instructions and you will find where they were needed

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Good Luck To You :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My lawyer didn't send passport-style photos with the form I-129F,,,and when my fiancé asked, he told him that the photos are not needed now, only at the interview.

I hope you haven't paid the lawyer yet.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yeah really...I got an RFE for a passport photo, even though I HAD sent them with the original petition. They are veeery important, apparently.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

They re very important, very. They must put a face to the names. Remember you are required to provide birth certificate, which does not contain a picture. They need a legal photo that matches any other ID and it matches the pictures you send as proof that you had met. I agree, fire your lawyer. This stupid ####### WILL delay your case because it WILL trigger an RFE.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Go ahead and send in the photos with a copy of your NOA1. People report mixed results as far as whether or not they actually update your file before sending the RFE, but it's worth a shot.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, i would like to share my case here regarding photos also, we received a request for evidence (that is form G325A for the petitioner & beneficiary) my fiance forgot to submit it together with form I-129F, however he submitted a passport size photos(2pcs) already, now, my question is, do we still need to include a passport size photo together with form G325A? fyi, we haven't submitted the form yet. please help us =) thanks a lot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi, i would like to share my case here regarding photos also, we received a request for evidence (that is form G325A for the petitioner & beneficiary) my fiance forgot to submit it together with form I-129F, however he submitted a passport size photos(2pcs) already, now, my question is, do we still need to include a passport size photo together with form G325A? fyi, we haven't submitted the form yet. please help us =) thanks a lot.

Hi, These instructions tell you how to assemble your package and where to place the photo's..Good Luck :)

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Didn't you read the instructions yourself?

You really need to know all about the process because thus will not be the only firm you will be submitting; there will cone a tone when the lawyer won't be involved and you need to know what us going on.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes it will. because it says QUITE CLEARLY in the instructions for the G-325A that photos are required. I suggest you get a new lawyer.

The instructions for the G325a say nothing of the kind and the passport photos have zero to do with the G325a. The instructions for the I-129F clearly request passport photos and one from the petitioner is definitely required. See memo below. I recommend including photos from both anyway, since not all adjudicators are familiar with their own internal memo. Sounds like the attorney isn't either.

Interoffice Memorandum

To: SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

Acting Associate Director for Operations

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

Date: November 1, 2005

Re: Guidance for Processing Pending Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) when

G-325A for Petitioner and/or Beneficiary is not Signed and/or Photos not Submitted.

Purpose

To provide field offices with guidance on processing Form I-129F petitions when the accompanying G-325A is missing signatures and/or photographs.

A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioner's signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioner's photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication.

Questions regarding this memorandum may be directed through appropriate channels to Mica Pilz of Service Center Operations.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
The instructions for the G325a say nothing of the kind and the passport photos have zero to do with the G325a. The instructions for the I-129F clearly request passport photos and one from the petitioner is definitely required. See memo below. I recommend including photos from both anyway, since not all adjudicators are familiar with their own internal memo. Sounds like the attorney isn't either.

Interoffice Memorandum

To: SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

Acting Associate Director for Operations

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

Date: November 1, 2005

Re: Guidance for Processing Pending Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) when

G-325A for Petitioner and/or Beneficiary is not Signed and/or Photos not Submitted.

Purpose

To provide field offices with guidance on processing Form I-129F petitions when the accompanying G-325A is missing signatures and/or photographs.

A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioner's signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioner's photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication.

Questions regarding this memorandum may be directed through appropriate channels to Mica Pilz of Service Center Operations.

I don't know why I wrote G-325A... I know it doesn't have instructions... weird :S Either way yeah, K1 definitely needs them. Took me ages to find a place to do them in Aus.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I don't know why I wrote G-325A... I know it doesn't have instructions... weird :S Either way yeah, K1 definitely needs them. Took me ages to find a place to do them in Aus.

The G325a DOES have attached instructions. They just don't have anything to do with passport photos. Either way, it is important to note that passport photos are submitted in support of petitions, not in support of G325a forms.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
The G325a DOES have attached instructions. They just don't have anything to do with passport photos. Either way, it is important to note that passport photos are submitted in support of petitions, not in support of G325a forms.

I don't consider that "instructions", not compared to the instructions of other forms. it's basically just "form info" it doesn't really tell you anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.