Vizcayana

Civil Documents at the interview

8 posts in this topic

I hope you VJers are all fine.

Just a quick question.

If I have submitted NBI clearance at the Visa center, do I have to submit another NBI clearance at the embassy during the interview? Well, you can only get one NBI clearance once a year. I still have my personal copy with me. I got my NBI on March 4, 2011 and it is valid for one year.

Next, I have read on one post that the CO asked for an updated NSO birth certificate, do we really need an updated NSO birth certificate given the fact that nothing's wrong with my birth certificate, no changes at all. I have my birth certificate on hand aside from the one we submitted at the NVC, but I got that one last August 2010. Do I have to give them a newer copy? I dont see any expiration date in the birth certificate.

:help: Anyone?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope you VJers are all fine.

Just a quick question.

If I have submitted NBI clearance at the Visa center, do I have to submit another NBI clearance at the embassy during the interview? Well, you can only get one NBI clearance once a year. I still have my personal copy with me. I got my NBI on March 4, 2011 and it is valid for one year.

Next, I have read on one post that the CO asked for an updated NSO birth certificate, do we really need an updated NSO birth certificate given the fact that nothing's wrong with my birth certificate, no changes at all. I have my birth certificate on hand aside from the one we submitted at the NVC, but I got that one last August 2010. Do I have to give them a newer copy? I dont see any expiration date in the birth certificate.

:help: Anyone?

NBI Once a year not true, i got to get twice in just a month. you also can show your copy if you really dont wanna get a new one, your choice. theres no guarantee that the CO will ask but if so its better to have it than sorry. for sure you wont be happy incase that would cause you days/weeks of delay right?

Birth Cert, not sure but i often hear people say every year they update their paper so i guess that shows which year you got it.

Why dont you just get new copies? i say copies coz you still may need it in the US in the future.

its not that expensive so its better to get them and be ready, those kind of docs are always great to have on file for any future reference. goodluck

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Just a quick question.

If I have submitted NBI clearance at the Visa center, do I have to submit another NBI clearance at the embassy during the interview?

Some applicants were asked for it and some weren't. So it is always best idea to bring one...:star:

Well, you can only get one NBI clearance once a year. I still have my personal copy with me. I got my NBI on March 4, 2011 and it is valid for one year.

Incorrect. :no: Few years ago, I obtained (3) three NBI clearances within a year and I have had no problem. :yes: But that was way back in 2007. :)

You can always bring your old BC with you and who knows, you might get lucky and the CO won't ask for an updated one. But if I was you, I'd bring a new one with me.

So that I'll have a back up, just in case.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

NBI Once a year not true

:thumbs:

for sure you wont be happy incase that would cause you days/weeks of delay right?

Nah, nobody wants that. :star:

Birth Cert, not sure but i often hear people say every year they update their paper so i guess that shows which year you got it.

Correct. :yes: NSO changes the color that they use yearly.

i say copies coz you still may need it in the US in the future.

Birth certificate might be needed in the future but, I doubt it that NBI will be, too. Maybe I'm wrong... :unsure:

its not that expensive so its better to get them and be ready, those kind of docs are always great to have on file for any future reference.

Nope. But that's definitely a Jollibee meal already. So can I have Jolly instead? :lol:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

Nah, nobody wants that. :star:

Correct. :yes: NSO changes the color that they use yearly.

Birth certificate might be needed in the future but, I doubt it that NBI will be, too. Maybe I'm wrong... :unsure:

Nope. But that's definitely a Jollibee meal already. So can I have Jolly instead? :lol:

yeah NBI may not...and sure it is one jolly meal hehehehelaughing.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

NSO uses green paper now,, last year it was orange. They will know it's expired because of the color. To be safe, go get new copies. It's better to be over prepared rather than regretting after. If I were you, I'll go get new NBI too. Won't hurt and it's safe.

October 2008 - we first met each other at work (Makati, Philippines)

February 2010 - we finally admitted that we are in love (yay!)

Mar 18-Apr 5, 2010 - hubby went to the Philippines for vacation to celebrate his birthday

March 31, 2010 - engagement day!! yay!!

August 21-29, 2010 - hubby went back again to PH for the wedding prep

October 19-November 2, 2010 - hubby arrived in PH for our wedding :)

October 23, 2010 - WEDDING DAY!!

March 18-28, 2011 - hubby's visit to Philippines for his bday (2nd bday together)

USCIS Stage - 136 days for USCIS journey

December 2, 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

December 6, 2010 - I-130 received!! yay!!

December 13, 2010 - NOA1 text message received!

December 16, 2010 - NOA1 hard copy received in the mail

April 28, 2011 - NOA2!!! Thank you LORD!

NVC Stage - 21 days for NVC journey

May 2, 2011 - NOA2 hard copy received in the mail; NVC received our case

May 6, 2011 - Case number and IIN ; DS3230 sent by beneficiary through email to NVC

May 10, 2011 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

May 13, 2011 - IV bill generated and paid

May 16, 2011 - IV bill shows "PAID" ; AOS and DS230 packets sent to NVC

May 18, 2011 - NVC received both packets

May 19, 2011 - Medical exam - PASSED!!! :)

May 27, 2011 - Sign in Failed and Case Complete!!! Woot!

June 9, 2011 - Interview date assigned

July 14, 2011 - Interview @8:30am - APPROVED!!!!

July 21, 2011 - Visa Received! FINALLY!

July 23, 2011 - POE - Salt Lake City, Utah *home sweet home*

thanks guys for those advices

I wont be able to get NBI clearance because my interview will be on June 3 and I am always "hit" because of my name, it take 10 business days before they will release it, but i will bring my personal copy with me.

I will get nso birth certificate on monday..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.