ralyse

Montreal August 2011 Interviews!

647 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm leaving on Wednesday morning and getting back Friday evening (interview is on Thursday). I won't have internet while I'm gone so no review until Friday or Saturday. I know the interview is supposed to be easy but boy am I nervous! Butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. I'm compensating by bringing every piece of paperwork and evidence I can think of. >_>; I have it divided into two sections, one section is what the consulate will definitely want and the other section is everything else. :lol:

Thank you for all your help VJ <3 I wouldn't be nearly as prepared without everyone's input here.

Edited by pocheros

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm leaving on Wednesday morning and getting back Friday evening (interview is on Thursday). I won't have internet while I'm gone so no review until Friday or Saturday. I know the interview is supposed to be easy but boy am I nervous! Butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. I'm compensating by bringing every piece of paperwork and evidence I can think of. >_>; I have it divided into two sections, one section is what the consulate will definitely want and the other section is everything else. :lol:

Thank you for all your help VJ <3 I wouldn't be nearly as prepared without everyone's input here.

ALL THE BEST POCHEROS!!!!!!

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

We got approved thank God. :) I am so happy I could jump up and down all day but I am at work so I think my boss would not appreciate that. :D

I hope we get that passport soon so I can go get my baby! :yes:

Good luck to all!

K-1

NOA1 ------ 11-17-2010

NOA2 ------ 04-25-2011

Package Received By NVC ----- 04/28/2011

Package Left From NVC ----- 05/03/2011

Package Received by MTL ---- 05/05/2011

P3 Received from MTL ---- Never

MTL Sent P3 ---- 05/19/2011

P3 Delivered at MTL ---- 05/26/2011

MTL Sent P4 ---- 06/01/2011

Medical ---- 06/15/2011

Interview ---- 08/08/2011 - APPROVED

Visa printed ---- 08/15/2011

Waybill e-mail received ---- 08/17/2011

Visa in hand ---- 08/22/2011

POE ---- 08/28/2011

Wedding ---- 09/17/2011

AOS (I485, I765, I131)

NOA1 ---- 10/07/2011

I485 NOA2 APPROVAL/CARD IN PRODUCTION NOTICE ---- 11/30/2011

Card Received ---- 12/5/2011

USCIS FREE FOR 2 YEARS :)

Timeline

We got approved thank God. :) I am so happy I could jump up and down all day but I am at work so I think my boss would not appreciate that. :D

Good luck to all!

WAY TO GO!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS :thumbs:

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

Congrats Ralyse - I hope my big hug to you was not too scary :D :D ...all the best to you both....big relief isn't it?

event.png

Timeline

Approved! :D Wrote my review already and everything :D

Left Brampton at 8am the day before, with only a few stops at rest stations for gas/food we made it to Montreal by just after 2pm. Stayed at Hotel la Tour Centre-Ville, which is by no means fancy (really outdated, not the most comfortable bed, weird room layout) but was relatively inexpensive and we were on the 15th floor and had a really nice view out the huge windows! There's also free wifi if you ask for an access code, but it is slower than dial up. The best part though, it's literally across the street and around a corner from the consulate. Unless you have to wait for the light to change, less than a minute walk! The parking lot for the hotel is much further away than the consulate is, even! We checked in, I went over all my documents and then we headed out with a friend of ours that lives in Montreal (friend from the site where Ramon and I met even, it felt fitting.) We had some dinner and saw some of the downtown area since it was a beautiful evening for walking and then headed back to the hotel. I checked documents again, took a shower and tried to relax and get some sleep.

I have a chronic punctuality problem, so we left the hotel at 6am. We weren't in line more than 5 minutes before there were two more people behind us, so I'm glad we were that early. The line grew and grew, I heard some others talking about VJ behind us which was nice! (Hi!)

They opened the doors at 7:30, asked for my appointment confirmation and both of our passports (as my fiance was with me). They then sent us up the stairs and asked for our belts and everything from our pockets. We went through the scanner and then were sent down the stairs to the basement where we sat right by the elevator. We talked to a couple other VJers and then we were all herded to the elevator, where any order we had arrived in got completely torn apart, which sucked. We were crammed in there pretty tight (all the smart VJ people at the back of the elevator, facing the doors) and when we arrived on the 19th floor is was a bit of a stampede to get out and get put in line for numbers.

I ended up with number C2. Very wuickly they started calling us by putting the ticket number and a booth number on a screen. I went up and was asked for my passport, my medical, my passport photos and they took fingerprints. He also wanted my appointment confirmation since it showed I had paid. I'd accidentally left that in the shopping bag I'd been carrying so I had to hop back to the waiting room to get it from my fiance, but the officer didn't seem to mind. He then told me they'd call me again when they were processing my file.

I sat back down and they kept calling numbers on the screen. Then a very fuzzy announcement said what SOUNDED like "C2 to window 11" but I wasn't entirely sure. Huge thanks to the fellow VJer who confirmed to me that's what they had said! So I went up and spoke with a nice lasy who asked for my birth certificate and a copy, my police check, my fiance's letter of intent, a photocopy of my passport's biographic page, and the affidavits of support + supporting info. I confirmed that all she wanted for my fiance was the form and a letter of enrollment for school and from his mother the form, her 2010 tax transcript and statements from her retirement (since that's the bulk of her income).

She looked over everything and told me to take a seat, they'd call me shortly, but as I was turning away said "Oh, I forgot! Are you registered for DHL?" I told her I was.

I wasn't sitting very long before my number was called again, I went to a both where a nice woman with long dreadlocks did my interview. She swore me in and confirmed my fingerprints and asked a few questions:

-How did we meet?

-What book series the website we met on is about?

-Confirmed what year we met. (She said 2006, I confirmed it was 2004 online and 2008 in person)

-Asked where Ramon goes to school and what his major is

-Asked how he proposed.

She was very soft spoken, so I had to ask her to repeat herself a few times which made me feel awful (I'm half deaf in one ear, so it may have just been me). Then she flipped through the file and frowned at her computer in silence for a couple of minutes. I was starting to worry, but she confirmed that she'd taken my fingerprint. I said she had then she laughed and said the computer was just being silly. She then congratulated me and said she could approve my fiance visa and gave me the welcome to the US letter and the K1 FAQ sheet and said she hoped my wedding went well.

All told, we were back at the hotel by 9am :D

It really is the easiest part of this entire process.

HAPPY DAY INDEED....CONGRATS

event.png

Timeline

Thank you! A huge relief and the most wonderful feeling ever!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

K-1

NOA1 ------ 11-17-2010

NOA2 ------ 04-25-2011

Package Received By NVC ----- 04/28/2011

Package Left From NVC ----- 05/03/2011

Package Received by MTL ---- 05/05/2011

P3 Received from MTL ---- Never

MTL Sent P3 ---- 05/19/2011

P3 Delivered at MTL ---- 05/26/2011

MTL Sent P4 ---- 06/01/2011

Medical ---- 06/15/2011

Interview ---- 08/08/2011 - APPROVED

Visa printed ---- 08/15/2011

Waybill e-mail received ---- 08/17/2011

Visa in hand ---- 08/22/2011

POE ---- 08/28/2011

Wedding ---- 09/17/2011

AOS (I485, I765, I131)

NOA1 ---- 10/07/2011

I485 NOA2 APPROVAL/CARD IN PRODUCTION NOTICE ---- 11/30/2011

Card Received ---- 12/5/2011

USCIS FREE FOR 2 YEARS :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck!! You'll do just fine!!

Good luck to all!

Congratulations!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck to all!

Congratulations!:dance:

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks everyone! :)

I'm choosing to try and stay distracted and not worry about DHL as long as possible... but we'll see how well that goes considering I'm now living on a couch at the home of two friends on opposite schedules so there's always someone awake here, haha!

Congratulations! I'm crossing fingers hoping that we get our DHL packages soon!

event.png

event.png

You'll do great! Can't wait to hear how it went (although by then we'll likely be done too :P) and good luck! :dance:

Good luck to all!

Woohoo, congratulations! :D

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Good Luck!!! You will be just perfect :)

Good luck to all!

Congrats!!! Hoping a speedy return on your passport/visa!!

SEPT 16,2010-FILED I-129F
SEPT 21,2010-NOA1
SEPT 27,2010-hard copy of NOA1
SEPT 24,2010-touch
FEB 23,2011-RFE
FEB 23,2011-touch
MAR 12,2011-SENT OUT RFE requested
MAR 16,2011-touch (e-mail too)
MAR 17,2011-NOA2
MAR 25,2011-NVC recieved our petition
APR 13,2011-PKT 3 SENT from Montreal
APR 20,2011-SENT OUT PKT 3
MAY 4,2011-EMAIL RFE 2 from Montreal
MAY 5,2011-SENT OUT REQUESTED DS 156, passprot photos, bio page of passport
MAY 23,2011-DOS COMFIRMED PKT 4 HAS BEEN SENT OUT
May 31,2011-Pkt 4 recieved (dated May 18th)
AUG 3,2011-MEDICAL in Toronto
AUG 25,2011-INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!
SEPT 9,2011-POE
SEPT 12,2011-Wedding

AOS
SEPT,26th 2011-AOS filed
OCT 6th-E-mail NOA1
OCT 11th-Hardcopy of NOA1 dated Sept 28th
OCT 25th-RFE
NOV 29,2011-AP (Approved)
NOV 29,2011-EAD(card production)
Dec 6,2011-EAD/AP card in hand smile.png
June 18, 2012-AOS approved
Aug 27th,2012-Card in production
STILL WAITING TO RECIEVE GREEN CARD~2nd service request is pending Nov 12,2012
Contacted senator-Jan 2013
Recieved e-mail response-Feb 4,2013
MAY 7,2013-RECIEVED GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

March 18,2014-sent I-751

March 24,2014-Recieved NOA (dated March 20th)

Approved! :D Wrote my review already and everything :D

Left Brampton at 8am the day before, with only a few stops at rest stations for gas/food we made it to Montreal by just after 2pm. Stayed at Hotel la Tour Centre-Ville, which is by no means fancy (really outdated, not the most comfortable bed, weird room layout) but was relatively inexpensive and we were on the 15th floor and had a really nice view out the huge windows! There's also free wifi if you ask for an access code, but it is slower than dial up. The best part though, it's literally across the street and around a corner from the consulate. Unless you have to wait for the light to change, less than a minute walk! The parking lot for the hotel is much further away than the consulate is, even! We checked in, I went over all my documents and then we headed out with a friend of ours that lives in Montreal (friend from the site where Ramon and I met even, it felt fitting.) We had some dinner and saw some of the downtown area since it was a beautiful evening for walking and then headed back to the hotel. I checked documents again, took a shower and tried to relax and get some sleep.

I have a chronic punctuality problem, so we left the hotel at 6am. We weren't in line more than 5 minutes before there were two more people behind us, so I'm glad we were that early. The line grew and grew, I heard some others talking about VJ behind us which was nice! (Hi!)

They opened the doors at 7:30, asked for my appointment confirmation and both of our passports (as my fiance was with me). They then sent us up the stairs and asked for our belts and everything from our pockets. We went through the scanner and then were sent down the stairs to the basement where we sat right by the elevator. We talked to a couple other VJers and then we were all herded to the elevator, where any order we had arrived in got completely torn apart, which sucked. We were crammed in there pretty tight (all the smart VJ people at the back of the elevator, facing the doors) and when we arrived on the 19th floor is was a bit of a stampede to get out and get put in line for numbers.

I ended up with number C2. Very wuickly they started calling us by putting the ticket number and a booth number on a screen. I went up and was asked for my passport, my medical, my passport photos and they took fingerprints. He also wanted my appointment confirmation since it showed I had paid. I'd accidentally left that in the shopping bag I'd been carrying so I had to hop back to the waiting room to get it from my fiance, but the officer didn't seem to mind. He then told me they'd call me again when they were processing my file.

I sat back down and they kept calling numbers on the screen. Then a very fuzzy announcement said what SOUNDED like "C2 to window 11" but I wasn't entirely sure. Huge thanks to the fellow VJer who confirmed to me that's what they had said! So I went up and spoke with a nice lasy who asked for my birth certificate and a copy, my police check, my fiance's letter of intent, a photocopy of my passport's biographic page, and the affidavits of support + supporting info. I confirmed that all she wanted for my fiance was the form and a letter of enrollment for school and from his mother the form, her 2010 tax transcript and statements from her retirement (since that's the bulk of her income).

She looked over everything and told me to take a seat, they'd call me shortly, but as I was turning away said "Oh, I forgot! Are you registered for DHL?" I told her I was.

I wasn't sitting very long before my number was called again, I went to a both where a nice woman with long dreadlocks did my interview. She swore me in and confirmed my fingerprints and asked a few questions:

-How did we meet?

-What book series the website we met on is about?

-Confirmed what year we met. (She said 2006, I confirmed it was 2004 online and 2008 in person)

-Asked where Ramon goes to school and what his major is

-Asked how he proposed.

She was very soft spoken, so I had to ask her to repeat herself a few times which made me feel awful (I'm half deaf in one ear, so it may have just been me). Then she flipped through the file and frowned at her computer in silence for a couple of minutes. I was starting to worry, but she confirmed that she'd taken my fingerprint. I said she had then she laughed and said the computer was just being silly. She then congratulated me and said she could approve my fiance visa and gave me the welcome to the US letter and the K1 FAQ sheet and said she hoped my wedding went well.

All told, we were back at the hotel by 9am :D

It really is the easiest part of this entire process.

Is it crazy that I cry every time I get to the approval part of peoples reviews... OMG I'm such a nerd!!

Removal of Conditions

[03-24-2014] ROC paperwork sent.

[03-25-2014] NOA1.

[04-21-2014] Biometrics

[06-17-2014] Card in production

[06-25-2014] Card in HAND

Timeline

Is it crazy that I cry every time I get to the approval part of peoples reviews... OMG I'm such a nerd!!

Nah that just means you'll be approved- your love is genuine :) :)

Nah that just means you'll be approved- your love is genuine :) :)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.