TammyandJosh

waiting for notification

10 posts in this topic

Did you send a check or a money order? If you sent a check, see if you can find out if it was cashed. I wouldn't panic just yet. Give it another week.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Get him to go to his bank or check his bank account online to see if it has been cashed. Don't panic...I'm sure you made copies if something did go astray :-)

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes you call USCIS and ask about your petition. They will ask for personal information and try to look it up and see if its been entered yet. Most likely they will tell you to wait 30 days.

You can go to the bank and check if the money has been withdrawn from the account as well.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

K heres the scoop..our relationship is on the rocks because of this..he was away on buisness and his mom sent it. and guess what she cant find the tracking sheet from fed-ex...maybe she mailed it maybe she didnt? who the hell knows right now...of course he swears she did.. im ready to call it quits..my whole future and my childrens depended on this pack of info and he didnt care enough to send it himself...

im a total mess...total

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sorry to read this about your situation. Even more so if you're considering ending your relationship. Best would be to indeed ask your fiance to make sure the check has been deposited and call USCIS to see if they received it. Which you can do as the beneficiary.

As a FYI : there is a LOT more stress down the road. Mailing your application basically starts a year long journey for most people applying for a K-1. You might even wait 6 months before you get approved (NOA2) or hear again from USCIS after receiving your NOA1. Then your case will transit through NVC for 2-3 weeks and it will be sent to Montreal's consulate. They are notoriously backlogged. After a few weeks they will ask you to provide more forms and data. Weeks later they will then authorize you to make an appointment and they will be likely already booked for 2 months ahead. Traveling might be tricky with a pending visa. You may have no issue visiting your fiance or you may be denied entry until your visa is delivered.

I am not trying to discourage you by any means but to enlighten the path you're getting on. It's a leap of faith... It's been really hard for me and I bet it has been for all the others in our situation too. You need faith and a lot of love and support to get through it. I would not have made it through without a strong relationship ad my fiance's support.

Best of luck :)

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

I am sorry to read this about your situation. Even more so if you're considering ending your relationship. Best would be to indeed ask your fiance to make sure the check has been deposited and call USCIS to see if they received it. Which you can do as the beneficiary.

As a FYI : there is a LOT more stress down the road. Mailing your application basically starts a year long journey for most people applying for a K-1. You might even wait 6 months before you get approved (NOA2) or hear again from USCIS after receiving your NOA1. Then your case will transit through NVC for 2-3 weeks and it will be sent to Montreal's consulate. They are notoriously backlogged. After a few weeks they will ask you to provide more forms and data. Weeks later they will then authorize you to make an appointment and they will be likely already booked for 2 months ahead. Traveling might be tricky with a pending visa. You may have no issue visiting your fiance or you may be denied entry until your visa is delivered.

I am not trying to discourage you by any means but to enlighten the path you're getting on. It's a leap of faith... It's been really hard for me and I bet it has been for all the others in our situation too. You need faith and a lot of love and support to get through it. I would not have made it through without a strong relationship ad my fiance's support.

Best of luck :)

:yes: Well said.

To the OP, if there is one bit of advice I can give you, with regards to this process, it's choose your battles. (L) I know it's scary and frustrating and so difficult at times, but the road is long and if nothing else, it teaches a valuable lesson perseverance and patience. I wouldn't panic yet. Our NOA1 took almost 2 weeks to show up in the mailbox. If you are really concerned, try giving them a call. All is not lost, I promise.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.