stevenandanna

Medical exam fees

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I saw on the french consulate info that there are about 287€ to pay in the packet 4? What are they? Are they for the medical exam? I thought it was 170€ and then it's written 355dollars +45 for immigrant visa if not paid at NVC.... I am lost... Do I have to pay all of this? Please Help.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I saw on the french consulate info that there are about 287€ to pay in the packet 4? What are they? Are they for the medical exam? I thought it was 170€ and then it's written 355dollars +45 for immigrant visa if not paid at NVC.... I am lost... Do I have to pay all of this? Please Help.

It appears packet 4 is being used for more than one visa type. $350USD (287€ ?) is K-1 visa fee.

$400USD is the CR1 visa fee (if not paid to NVC) so ignore this.

Consulate does not get involved or collects the exam fee. This will be paid directly to the clinic at the time of the exam. Fees for this vary widely by country.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Actually it seems now the visa fee went down to 263€ (because of the $ / € conversion rate) for a K-1. This fee is to be paid via "mandat-compte" at "un bureau de poste" (post office)

I updated the embassy information section on VJ.

Yes the doctor is 170€ and is a separate fee payable directly to the doctor.

Good luck on your journey

Bruno

K-1 2010 / 04 / 02 - I-129F sent
K-1 2010 / 08 / 18 - Interview at embassy in Paris, France
AOS 2011 / 01 / 15 - AOS package sent
AOS 2011 / 04 / 14 - Interview

ROC 2013 / 02 / 04 - ROC package sent
ROC 2013 / 07 / 27 - New GC received

CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 03 / 17 - N-400 package sent
CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 08 / 27 - Oath ceremony

--- THE END ---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I would wait until you receive your Packet 4 from the embassy to be sure of the amount and the account number.

When you have that you just go to a post office that does financial operations (most of them do) and ask to put moneyon the "mandat compte" number xxxxx (the number was 2006L at the time of my interview)

I guess you can bring cash. I was a client of the "banque postale" so they could transfer the money directly from my account.

I think I would wait because it is possible the amount is gonna decrease. They are currently using a conversion rate of 1.33 but the real conversion rate is 1.43 and it already went down from 287€ when I went there to 263€ recently.

Good luck on your journey

Bruno

K-1 2010 / 04 / 02 - I-129F sent
K-1 2010 / 08 / 18 - Interview at embassy in Paris, France
AOS 2011 / 01 / 15 - AOS package sent
AOS 2011 / 04 / 14 - Interview

ROC 2013 / 02 / 04 - ROC package sent
ROC 2013 / 07 / 27 - New GC received

CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 03 / 17 - N-400 package sent
CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 08 / 27 - Oath ceremony

--- THE END ---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.