Leafgal

Montreal Interviews

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Booster. Jerseygirl we sure do have chairs left and you are welcome to join us. I don't blame you for not wanting to drive, I am west of Toronto and I am planning on taking the train for sure. Maybe see you there.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add me to the waiting list...

I guess I'll just take everything in stride. If we get an interview this year...YAY! If not, it'll just give me a little more time to stay at my job, pay off my credit cards, and save some money for when I get down there.

Of course, the bad part is being kept from the ones we love just a little bit longer. And I'm not taking the chance of crossing into the US anymore, since my last time ( a few weeks ago) wasn't the most pleasant crossing of my life. Long story short, I was pulled over, but was allowed to cross. Lemme tell ya, if you haven't had to experience that, you're lucky. So from now on, I'm making John come up here!

Anyway...crossing my fingers that we all hear something soon...even if it is a longer than anticipated interview date, at least we would know...so hurry up Montreal and let us know!

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
And I'm not taking the chance of crossing into the US anymore, since my last time ( a few weeks ago) wasn't the most pleasant crossing of my life. Long story short, I was pulled over, but was allowed to cross. Lemme tell ya, if you haven't had to experience that, you're lucky. So from now on, I'm making John come up here!

Ick! I had a really bad experience with Customs and am scarred for life. :angry: Mine's a really long story but I'll shorten it as much as possible. We were pulled over, we were interviewed individually, laughed at because of our ages (i'm 20, he's 46 and at the time I was 19), they couldn't believe my parents were ok with our relationship, they treated us like dirt (they've got the power, so they use it) and we weren't allowed to communicate, look at one another or sit next to each other for the duration of our "questionning'. Three hours later, after sitting in the cold cement room with others who were pulled over/investigated, I was fingerprinted and told I was being turned around and had to go back to Canada. We were so upset, angry and frustrated about the whole thing. I was told never to cross the border unless I had sufficient evidence to prove I was going to come back to Canada (rent statements, bills in my name, bank account info, job papers, etc) OR I needed to get a K-1 visa which we had already applied for.

UH! It was bad!

Sorry... this is way off topic... :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow it sure sucks that how long you guys have to wait! I wonder why Vancouver can do it so fast and Montreal is so back logged. I guess it is the same as why CSC is so bad and VSC is so fast.

Basically because Montreal carries I'd say about 80% of the case load, compared to Vancouver. Montreal does DCF, spousal visas, and fiance visas (amongst other things), while Vancouver does fiance visas.

Crossing fingers for you all who are waiting! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had a similar experience, only the CBP officer was actually pretty nice to us and suggested the K1 Visa process. But since that date, Craig hasn't attempted to cross the border, just to be safe through this process.

Ick! I had a really bad experience with Customs and am scarred for life. :angry: Mine's a really long story but I'll shorten it as much as possible. We were pulled over, we were interviewed individually, laughed at because of our ages (i'm 20, he's 46 and at the time I was 19), they couldn't believe my parents were ok with our relationship, they treated us like dirt (they've got the power, so they use it) and we weren't allowed to communicate, look at one another or sit next to each other for the duration of our "questionning'. Three hours later, after sitting in the cold cement room with others who were pulled over/investigated, I was fingerprinted and told I was being turned around and had to go back to Canada. We were so upset, angry and frustrated about the whole thing. I was told never to cross the border unless I had sufficient evidence to prove I was going to come back to Canada (rent statements, bills in my name, bank account info, job papers, etc) OR I needed to get a K-1 visa which we had already applied for.

UH! It was bad!

:ot2:

This post makes me want to throw up.

We probably wont even get APPROVED until November.

So does that mean we won't have an interview until April or May or so?

Ugh. So sickening. I thought this was supposed to be the fast part of processing (fast is a relative term).

Can I go ahead and reserve a seat in the waiting room so it's waiting for me after we get our NOA2?

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Timeline

Cass you pull up a chair. It makes me sick this whole thing too, if I knew it was going to take this long we cold have gotten married and done the K3 visa instead.

I haven't attempted to cross the boarder since we started the process Mac has been doing all the travelling to Canada. And I was going to go and visit, but I gave my notice to leave my job for end of October thinking I could have some time to wrap a few thing up before leaving. Now I have to find another job for 3 or 4 months, so I am afraid to even attempt to try to cross once I start the new job.

I am going to take a late lunch on Monday to try to call them again and see what the answer is this week and I will you all know what they say. And if anyone else calls I am sure they will post what they hear.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey guys......i am beside myself....my fiance called the embassy...had an issue with how many pics for the medical...cause embassy wanted 3...but when i called the place for our medical, they said only 2...well embassy said they always put 3 cause some places want 2 some want 3...anywhoooo...he also asked about the waiting time for interview...and alllll they would say was 2 to 4 months.....checked the timelines here...and it looks like an average of 2 months....ugh!!!!!......good luck to all of us (F)

2007 AOS FOR me....Debbie

son...Lance(20)

son...Jason(18)..we lost jay in a head on car crash...oct 4th, 2008

Interview for all 3...03/26

All 3 approved...03/26 ..YEAAAAAAA

all i-485's touched..03/28

rec'd email all ead cards in production..03/29

rec'd email..notice mailed welcoming new perm resident for all 3....03/30

all i485's touched..03831

all ead's touched..03/31

we rec'd all 3 EAD cards...yeha..04/02

rec'd email that all 3 green cards have been ordered..04/04..yeepiekiyaaa!!!

rec'd boys welcome letters...04/05

20 yr olds GREEN CARD COMES!!!!!...he is safe....04/09

rec;d mine and 18yr olds green cards..04/10

good to go until dec of 2008!!!!!!

my son lance joined the vermont national guard..04/25/07

he is leaving for oklahoma for basic training...09/19/07

graduated basic, left for texas to study to become a medic.......12/03/07

he is now a certified medic!!!!......

lifting conditions...dec 26th, 2008 for debbie and son Lance

sent pkg on........ dec 26th, 2008

rec'd sons green card extension.......jan 6th, 2009

check was cashed.............jan 6th, 2008

rec'd son's NOA.........jan 22nd, 2009

rec'd mine and my son's fingerprinting apt...jan 22nd, 2009

fingerprint apts............Febuary 3rd, 2009

touched...both of us...............Feb 4th, 2009

rec'd my extension letter...02/14/2009

re'd our approval letters.....05/15/2009

received our 10 yr cards...06/19/2009

Lance is now deployed to Afghanistan

.png

Timeline

Just an update for everyone, I called Montreal again and they say it will be 2 to 3 months from now before I can expect the interview.

Filed: Timeline

Does anyone know if there is a difference in waiting time for interviews of K3 or K1?

Also, does anyone know how long to expect to wait to hear (get a letter) when your interview will be? If I at least had a letter saying 2-3 months I'd feel a bit better . . .

For now its just pure agony :crying:

Timeline

When I emailed last month I was told 4-6 months...so perhaps things are picking up, they've lobbed 2 months of the wait time.

K-1/K-2 Visas

April 20 2006 ~NOA1

July 05 2006 ~IMBRA RFE

Aug 14 2006 ~RFE (further proof of meeting)

Aug 18 2006 ~Approved NOA2 (Day 120)

Oct 10 2006 ~packet 4 received

Nov 14 2006 ~Montreal interview (expedited due to child aging out) SUCCESS :)

Nov 15 2006 ~Pick up visas

Nov 16 2006 ~Fly to San Francisco from Mtl

Nov 18 2006 ~Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

Dec 18 2006 ~Documents filed

Dec 22 2006 ~NOA1

Jan 10 2007 ~Biometrics appointment

Mar 07 2007 ~AOS interview San Francisco-SUCCESS :)

Mar 19 2007 ~Received Green Cards

I-130 for Daughter

July 28 2007 ~Documents filed

Timeline

Well the only problem with 2 to 3 months is then you are running into the holidays which could potentialy flip it to 4 months so who knows what will happen. Just have to wait and see as each of us hears from them as to when they are booking the interviews.

As far the difference between K1 & K3 appointments I don't know the answer, you would have to call them with your case number to see if you are on the waiting list for an interview or if they can tell you when they are expecting it to be.

Timeline
And I'm not taking the chance of crossing into the US anymore, since my last time ( a few weeks ago) wasn't the most pleasant crossing of my life. Long story short, I was pulled over, but was allowed to cross. Lemme tell ya, if you haven't had to experience that, you're lucky. So from now on, I'm making John come up here!

UH! It was bad!

We had the exact same thing happen, except we were stuck in the cement room (Bufflo Peach Bridge) for 5 hours. I ended up being stuck in Canada for almost exactly a year while the K-1 crawled its way through the slow slow process.

I'd like to say you sail right across once you get the K-1, but I was there for almost an hour again with an extremely surly and nasty agent who hadn't the slightest clue what to do with a K-1 entry, but was damn sure I was trying to work illegaly or something, and was trying his damndest to prevent it.

Timeline

Just wanted to let everyone know that I called Montreal today and was told that after the checklist is returned, there is a 6 to 8 week wait for an interview. Everyone seems to be getting different answers from them, so who really knows, they don't seem to!

Timeline

I too would be happy to have a letter even if it is a month or two away at least I would have an idea of when. I will wait now to see if I receive anything in the mail from them and if I dont hear anything in a couple of weeks I will call them again. I just don't want to phone too much in case they log the calls and throw me to the bottom of the list.

This Montreal waiting room isn't so bad, and good company so that will keep us all going I am sure knowing we aren't alone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has no one received an appointment since this thread was started? Oh I hope they get a move on! Michael and I have already been living apart for more than a year - I know that's not a lot longer than many people, but seriously, a year! Anyway, I probably shouldn't be paying attention to how long it will take to get an interview at the consulate, BUT everything else seems to be moving more quickly, and it seems like the interview will be the thing we have to wait for the longest.

Thanks for letting me vent, and I really hope some people get their interviews scheduled soon!

Edited by riblet

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.