Dractul

129f and moving states

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I'm US military.

I am moving from North Caroline to California in 2-3 weeks.

I figure I will mail the 129 to the California processing center.

I want to mail it before I leave here to gain some time.

I will be switching mailing addresses when I get there. I could use my Mother and Father's address (they live in California) could me changing addresses slow the process down?

Also is there a clear guide for the K1 that says EXACTLY what needs to be sent with the 129?

So far I know I have to send copies of:

My passport / birth certificate copies

Letters of Intent (hand signed) by my fiance, and myself. (I assume the letter from my fiance has to have her address in Romania, and her phone number on it, and my letter has to have my information on it... )

Letter stating how we met and when we visited last.

I am confused on what pictures I need to send with the 129.

Trying to think of what else needs to go.

Bottom line... I want to make sure I do this right and get the process started as fast as possible. I want it right the first time. :) We have hopes that the experience of those we have talked with in Romania who got their K1 very quick - will carry over to us as well. We hope to get married by Christmas.

Thanks for any help.

Lee and Cosmina... one day at a time.

Timeline

Hey Baron...

I have read the guides. Still a bit confused...and thus asked the questions.

Anyone have something a bit more enlightening to add to the topic? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They are meaning that you dont send it to calif. You send it to Dallas.

Everyone sends their I-129F to Dallas lock box.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Okay. That is good to know.

Can I use copies of my ticket stubs? or do I need the originals? My fiance has the originals for her interview.

Also - what about the pictures? Do I need to send pics of myself and her? with the 129?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes you can use copys, you don't really send any original evidence with the I-129F. The originals should be brought to the interview.

You can include pictures yes, there are people on VJ tho that have not included any and been approved.

If you have a very tough embassy to go through I would include pictures.

Depends what country and if you need to front-load the petition or not really.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

The I-129F gets sent to the Dallas Lockbox... from there they send it either to California or Vermont Service Center - which one, depends on where you live. Follow the guides as suggested. Initially as well as your application etc. you only need to send proof of having met in the last 2 years (boarding passes, photos together etc). Later you need to provide evidence of ongoing relationship which includes emails, phone record, more photos etc. Also look at link to Embassy and Embassy review (top of this page on blue line)for your fiancee's Embassy requirements. Keep a copy of what you send with your initial petition and check everything so you dont leave anything out or this can cause delays. Keep checking VJ to stay informed (it helps). Best of luck.

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Also, I think I would use your new address, as its not so easy to connect with your original file once you have sent it. You may spend all your time wondering if they ever got the updated/changed address information.

Btw, if you update your timeline and profile it makes it easier for other VJer's to help you with any questions... :)

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.