sethmichael22

Notice of Action ?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Applying for fiance visa and we received the notice of action that my petition had been approved for my fiance....our next step will be sending back completed packet 3 and then scheduling interview.

This approval form says it is valid from 2/24/2011-6/24/2011. We only received packet 3 sent from the consulate VERY RECENTLY.

My question is, we are not up against this 6/24 time constraint...what if we send in packet 3 but do not hear back or they do not received before that 6/24 date???

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome on VJ!

Well, since Montreal tends to be slow with things -you'll find that soon enough! - they automatically extend the approval notice. I remember that my NOA2 was good up until July 7th and I had my interview in August... Not to worry, you'll be ok! Try to send to package as soon as feasible though, that's my advice!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Welcome on VJ!

Well, since Montreal tends to be slow with things -you'll find that soon enough! - they automatically extend the approval notice. I remember that my NOA2 was good up until July 7th and I had my interview in August... Not to worry, you'll be ok! Try to send to package as soon as feasible though, that's my advice!

pssst....I arrive in Richmond on Friday night :-) finally my POE is almost here. Sorry to interrupt the thread.

Agreed...Nothing to worry about with the date on the NOA2. Mine was expired by the time I interviewed and nothing was said. It is automatically extended.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Timeline

pssst....I arrive in Richmond on Friday night :-) finally my POE is almost here. Sorry to interrupt the thread.

Agreed...Nothing to worry about with the date on the NOA2. Mine was expired by the time I interviewed and nothing was said. It is automatically extended.

So exciiiiting! The long wait is almost over, you'll never have to spend time apart like this again!! Congrats! :)

12/3/10 - I-129f mailed to Texas

12/10/10 - NOA1 - Petition off to California

04/14/11 - NOA2

04/25/11 - NVC sent petition to Montreal

05/02/11 - Montreal receipt, Packet 3 sent

05/04/11 - P3 docs off to Montreal

05/05/11 - P3 docs delivered to Montreal

05/09/11 - P3 logged in Montreal and Packet 4 sent

08/03/11 - Interview - APPROVED

08/05/11 - Visa Issued (Printed)

08/17/11 - Visa-in-hand

08/18/11 - POE

So exciiiiting! The long wait is almost over, you'll never have to spend time apart like this again!! Congrats! :)

Thanks! ...Your day will sneak up on you quickly. Ok I better stop typing or I am going to start crying again. Emotional days here :-) ...Excited about Friday yet sad to leave.

Congrats to you all!! ...and thanks for the advice....I get more from you guys on here than from our immigration lawyer :bonk:

Most people say that about their lawyers. Too bad you didn't find VJ before you spent money on a lawyer. We checked with a lawyer at the very beginning but after talking with him we realized that he had no idea about immigration from Canada to the US. That is when I started searching and found VJ.

Timeline

Most people say that about their lawyers. Too bad you didn't find VJ before you spent money on a lawyer. We checked with a lawyer at the very beginning but after talking with him we realized that he had no idea about immigration from Canada to the US. That is when I started searching and found VJ.

Thats a common problem. There are plenty of experienced lawyers out there who could write book on immigration law. However, the process differs so much between countries, not to mention the fact the the process is constantly changing! I'd imagine it would be hard to find a lawyer who has extensive experience dealing with a specific consulate, though to be fully effective, that's the lawyer you'd need!

12/3/10 - I-129f mailed to Texas

12/10/10 - NOA1 - Petition off to California

04/14/11 - NOA2

04/25/11 - NVC sent petition to Montreal

05/02/11 - Montreal receipt, Packet 3 sent

05/04/11 - P3 docs off to Montreal

05/05/11 - P3 docs delivered to Montreal

05/09/11 - P3 logged in Montreal and Packet 4 sent

08/03/11 - Interview - APPROVED

08/05/11 - Visa Issued (Printed)

08/17/11 - Visa-in-hand

08/18/11 - POE

Thats a common problem. There are plenty of experienced lawyers out there who could write book on immigration law. However, the process differs so much between countries, not to mention the fact the the process is constantly changing! I'd imagine it would be hard to find a lawyer who has extensive experience dealing with a specific consulate, though to be fully effective, that's the lawyer you'd need!

Thankfully in most cases immigration lawyers are not needed :-) ....Money in our pockets instead of lining some greedy lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Anyone else notice the DS-156 expires on May 31, 2011?

Should I still go ahead and use the same DS-156 form??

In our packet 3 that we send, we need to send another 2 passport style photographs and another photocopy of the biographic data page from the passport as well?

We're getting ready to send back packet 3 today!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Use the same one unless they have posted a new updated one.

They will accept "expired" ones until a new one is posted, sometimes even after too.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Another question about these courier services.

We went ahead and registered online with DHL for courier services....I guess i don't even get the point of this registration. Can we go drop off the completed packet 3 with DHL or will we schedule a time for them to come pick it up?

Will they then be delivering packet 4 or will we need to go somewhere to pick up packet 4?

I was thinking things would get easier, but now a bit more confused.....

Timeline

MTL will send you P4 it is instructions on what you need to bring and how to book the interview.

But hey you can already access P4 right here -> lol http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/content/content.asp?section=visas&document=visa_pkt4

Anyways DHL uses the location you selected to deliver your passport and visa package to when you pass the interview.

You yourself need to head over to DHL and mail the P3 back to MTL. I suppose you could arrange a pickup from DHL for it i'm not sure on that tho. P.S with the postal strike I would try and use DHL instead of regular post for P3 anyways.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Inky- you're like my savior!!

Couple of other questions..

On the DS 160, have you heard of people having problems uploading a digital photo on that application? I have EVERYTHING else done, but we cannot get the picture to upload for the life of us. Sooooo frustrating....any ideas?

Do you have the link for info on the address for sending packet 3 to montreal?

Timeline

Inky- you're like my savior!!

Couple of other questions..

On the DS 160, have you heard of people having problems uploading a digital photo on that application? I have EVERYTHING else done, but we cannot get the picture to upload for the life of us. Sooooo frustrating....any ideas?

Do you have the link for info on the address for sending packet 3 to montreal?

For the picture yes its a common issue! Bring an extra passport photo with you to the interview for the DS-160.

The DHL should be able to tell you what address to use.

I think its this one for DHL and couriers.

The United States Consulate General's mailing address is:

315 Place d'Youville

Suite 500

Montréal, Québec

H2Y 0A4

http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/content/content.asp?section=about&document=contact

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.