kissjo

Pleaaaaseeee Im going CRAZY.. What is that??????????????

12 posts in this topic

Hi VJer, as Im writting this, Im still in shock. Shock is even a small word.

I have received my green cards from my step mom and the green card was awarded on June 26th 2011.

I applied for my citizenship on March 15th 2011. My priority date is March 21st.

I did a walk-in fingerprint and had my interview scheduled for the 18th.

Then today, I COME HOME AND I SEE: a notice from USCIS.. (Strange, since I already have my interview letter)

This is what is written:

"This is to advise you that, due to unforseen circumstances, we have had to cancel your previously scheduled interview on Wednesday, May 18th 2011 for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience that may cause.

We will advise you of any further ction on this case, including any rescheduling intervie information under separate notice."

WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT?????????????????? What are they trying to say?????.. What unforseen circumstances? I do not have any law problem, never did anything illegal, work, pay my taxes, never have been outside for more than 6 months, etc.. I don't understand this????????

It is so unfair, I dont know what to do!!!!!!!... I was waiting for my naturalization to start applyign for my fiance K1...

Now, I don't know what's going on?.. How long do I have to ait, why do I have to wait etc...

Please tell me what I need to do who I need to talk to... I am hopeless eright now... And cant stop crying.. since I have been reading this USCIS letter.

Whats going on??????????????

Please somebody, anybody, help me. Please....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How did you get your green card June 26, 2011 its not even happened yet? Its only May.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi VJer, as Im writting this, Im still in shock. Shock is even a small word.

I have received my green cards from my step mom and the green card was awarded on June 26th 2011.

I applied for my citizenship on March 15th 2011. My priority date is March 21st.

I did a walk-in fingerprint and had my interview scheduled for the 18th.

Then today, I COME HOME AND I SEE: a notice from USCIS.. (Strange, since I already have my interview letter)

This is what is written:

"This is to advise you that, due to unforseen circumstances, we have had to cancel your previously scheduled interview on Wednesday, May 18th 2011 for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience that may cause.

We will advise you of any further ction on this case, including any rescheduling intervie information under separate notice."

WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT?????????????????? What are they trying to say?????.. What unforseen circumstances? I do not have any law problem, never did anything illegal, work, pay my taxes, never have been outside for more than 6 months, etc.. I don't understand this????????

It is so unfair, I dont know what to do!!!!!!!... I was waiting for my naturalization to start applyign for my fiance K1...

Now, I don't know what's going on?.. How long do I have to ait, why do I have to wait etc...

Please tell me what I need to do who I need to talk to... I am hopeless eright now... And cant stop crying.. since I have been reading this USCIS letter.

Whats going on??????????????

Please somebody, anybody, help me. Please....

Relax. The " unforeseen circumstances " are about them not being able have time for you on that date. It has nothing to do with you doing anything wrong.

You will have to wait until they can find a place for you & when they do they will notify you.

Hello Kissjo,

Don't cry. This happened to me two times last February. I received two sets of interview letters and deschedule letters the same of what you got. The second time around I called customer service and talked to an officer. He told me that i was set to be interviewed a week earlier than the last schedule. I am finally done last March 22.

Just give them a call. I am sure it is just thier end that has an issue.

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So confused.. I meant to say 2006.

Ok that makes sence!

It might just be they have more papers to do first? Have you called them to see if they can tell you anything about it? Or maybe something happened and they over booked and don't have room for yours that day so they have to make a new day for yours.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Should I go anyway???.. To get some information about my case and possible date for rescheduling???.. I heard people have tried to go to the interview anyways to get some details.

I am supposed to go to Europe for a conference.. And this whole things is coming to mess up soooo many things in my life right now!>.. Snifff.. sniff.. I went to bed thinking maybe it was a nightmare.. But just woke up with a headache and this horible letter is till here.

I have hardly felt that helpless in my life.

Please let me know hat I should do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Should I go anyway???.. To get some information about my case and possible date for rescheduling???.. I heard people have tried to go to the interview anyways to get some details.

I am supposed to go to Europe for a conference.. And this whole things is coming to mess up soooo many things in my life right now!>.. Snifff.. sniff.. I went to bed thinking maybe it was a nightmare.. But just woke up with a headache and this horible letter is till here.

I have hardly felt that helpless in my life.

Please let me know hat I should do?

Did you partake in the original scheduling for your interview? Was that a mutual agreed time between you and the USCIS? More than likely, when they sent you the original appointment, some IO decided to go on vacation or whatever so they had to reschedule you.

Wife and I had a discussion on this, we were practically driven insane by the AOS and ROC stages, said we can take a break now, you should be getting your ten year card soon, and have fresh foreign passport. But we elected to sacrifice another year at the time with the current processing times in the twilight zone as we call it. You can't plan anything during that time, and pray something comes in the mail box. But end up saying, maybe tomorrow. But to our amazement, it was done in five months.

You or none of us can make plans once you send in that N-400, you should know that. Maybe tomorrow you will get good news, but then again, maybe not. But sooner or later, its over.

Still can't believe the day before and the day after my stepdaughter had her oath ceremony scheduled, we had major snow storms. If it fell on those days, no way, could we have attended. Has to be a supreme power helping us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You never know the reason. My husband applied last May, was scheduled for an interview in November, and it was cancelled at the last minute (we got the letter AFTER the date of the cancelled interview). When he went to find out why he hadn't been rescheduled as of January, we found out that no one had ordered his file. Since it wasn't there, they couldn't interview him. He finally got his interview in February, but we're still waiting for an oath letter. It's been over a year now.

Good luck to you - hope you don't have to wait as long.

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Hi!!.. Just wanted to say God is Good!!!!!...

I went to the immigration office, and just presented me my invitation letter. They said they could not find my name. I asked why?, what's going on? What is the matter? They said: My file was not there as of May 11th, so they had to reschedule me. But my filed had arrived the day before of the interview!>.

So they were able to interview me. (On my original datte, since I showed up any way!).. Wahooo.. the God I serve is AMAZING!!..

Thank you Jesus.

Please, praise GHod with me and thank him.

So now things are fine.

I have one question thtough.

My residency started on June 8th 2006. I aplied 85 days before June 8th 2011. (March 14), My priotity date is March 22nd 2011.

They said that they have a oath ceremony every friday.

The officer that interviewed me was soooooooo nice.. But he seemed not to know whether he could schedule me for a the nearest oath ceremony of if he had to wait until June 8th before I have my oath ceremony. Do you guys know anything about that??..

Again, the timeing is important for me because I have a professional internation conference (So I need to apply for my passport) and on top of that I need to apply for my fiance. So really, the earlier I get my citizenship, the much better!..

Please no judgments, just tell me if I can get that done before June 8th.

Thank you very much.

Hi!!.. Just wanted to say God is Good!!!!!...

I went to the immigration office, and just presented me my invitation letter. They said they could not find my name. I asked why?, what's going on? What is the matter? They said: My file was not there as of May 11th, so they had to reschedule me. But my filed had arrived the day before of the interview!>.

So they were able to interview me. (On my original datte, since I showed up any way!).. Wahooo.. the God I serve is AMAZING!!..

Thank you Jesus.

Please, praise GHod with me and thank him.

So now things are fine.

I have one question thtough.

My residency started on June 8th 2006. I aplied 85 days before June 8th 2011. (March 14), My priotity date is March 22nd 2011.

They said that they have a oath ceremony every friday.

The officer that interviewed me was soooooooo nice.. But he seemed not to know whether he could schedule me for a the nearest oath ceremony of if he had to wait until June 8th before I have my oath ceremony. Do you guys know anything about that??..

Again, the timeing is important for me because I have a professional internation conference (So I need to apply for my passport) and on top of that I need to apply for my fiance. So really, the earlier I get my citizenship, the much better!..

Please no judgments, just tell me if I can get that done before June 8th.

Thank you very much.

No, you won't get it before June 8th. When you do have the oath - you can go to a passport agency for same-day passport - info here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_913.html

When you know your oath date, you can make an advance appointment at the Passport agency as long as it is 2 weeks or less from your scheduled travel. Then, show up with the filled out forms (find them on travel.state.gov website), pictures, proof of travel and a credit card.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.