uverseman

Got MNL case number, what now?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, I called NVC a few days ago and they were able to get me a case number. So when is it ok for me to have my fiancee go pay her visa fees?

Do I need to wait for it to actually arrive in USEM? How will I know? If she can go now, what else will she need to take to the bank?

Sorry if these may be repeated questions but all my searches turned up were from several years ago and I am afraid it may be different procedures now.

Thanks.

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

04-13-10 visit for 21 days in Philippines

08-14-10 visit for 3 months in Philippines

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

05-11-11 Received at NVC, case number assigned

05-13-11 Left NVC to the USEM

06-01-11 Set up interview with embassy

07-21-11 Approved!... with an additional document she needs to aquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHEKx6afFw

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time

Timeline

Ok, I called NVC a few days ago and they were able to get me a case number. So when is it ok for me to have my fiancee go pay her visa fees?

Do I need to wait for it to actually arrive in USEM? How will I know? If she can go now, what else will she need to take to the bank?

Sorry if these may be repeated questions but all my searches turned up were from several years ago and I am afraid it may be different procedures now.

Thanks.

One step closer! Pay the visa fee when you receive your NVC Letter. :)

Have your fiance join the Pretty Ladies (VJ) on Facebook (highly recommended). They are a group of Filipinas who have either gone through the process or are going through the same process. They provide a plethora of information there. I did read a couple of days ago in that group that as long as you have your MNL# and her passport that she will be able to pay the Visa fee in any BPI branch. Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Edited by dindo and patty

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Timeline

You can pay the Visa fee now at BPI. We just did about one month ago. They looked at Tonieta's passport and wanted a copy of the Bio page ( the picture and printed info on the 1st pages). She told them the MNL case number. Cost about 16,900 pesos. Be sure your fiancee specifies it is for a fiancee visa and that she gets a receipt you need it at the embassy. That's how we did it.

Aloha...........................Paul

Thanks.

Timeline

Have your fiance join the Pretty Ladies (VJ) on Facebook (highly recommended). They are a group of Filipinas who have either gone through the process or are going through the same process. They provide a plethora of information there. I did read a couple of days ago in that group that as long as you have your MNL# and her passport that she will be able to pay the Visa fee in any BPI branch. Hope this helps!

Ok thanks guys for the info. I will inform her about the facebook club. I guess now it is ok to pay and then schedule online her interview after I am able to send the tax and signed i134 and other docs to her? Is the interview time verry long from the time she goes online to schedule? I thought i read somewhere where it was only 2 weeks now waiting since they moved to their new building.

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

Timeline

You probably already have planned for this but just reminding you she will have to do her medical at St. Lukes before her embassy interview.and also the CFO seminar sometime before or after so when you schedule her interview be sure to plan for time for that.

Ok thanks guys for the info. I will inform her about the facebook club. I guess now it is ok to pay and then schedule online her interview after I am able to send the tax and signed i134 and other docs to her? Is the interview time verry long from the time she goes online to schedule? I thought i read somewhere where it was only 2 weeks now waiting since they moved to their new building.

Timeline

You probably already have planned for this but just reminding you she will have to do her medical at St. Lukes before her embassy interview.and also the CFO seminar sometime before or after so when you schedule her interview be sure to plan for time for that.

Yeah thanks for the reminder. We will plan for her to travel to Manila on a Monday and have 2 days to do medical, then to interview. She will fly home and wait for the passport to arrive and then go to the CFO the day before when she returns to Manila to leave the country. She lives in Mindanao so we want to plan for as little travel back and forth as possible.

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.