Templar21

Passport Photo for Foreign Fiance

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fiance went to a place in Popayan, Colombia to have her passport photo taken. The place she went to does this as part of their business. She sent me the photos, but the edges of the photo are not straight (like someone with the shakes cut it out with scissors). Also, my brother said he thinks that you must show your right ear in passport photos, you can only see part of her right ear. I scanned the photo to try and make sure its the correct size, and have it cut with straight edges... but I cannot really do anything if the ear info turns out to be correct.

So my question is, what are the guidelines on the passport photos for the foreign fiance? Do they really need to be showing their right ear?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is our first attempt at filing for the K-1 Visa, and I am being very meticulous... but I am still bordering on paranoid to make sure everything is done correctly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiance went to a place in Popayan, Colombia to have her passport photo taken. The place she went to does this as part of their business. She sent me the photos, but the edges of the photo are not straight (like someone with the shakes cut it out with scissors). Also, my brother said he thinks that you must show your right ear in passport photos, you can only see part of her right ear. I scanned the photo to try and make sure its the correct size, and have it cut with straight edges... but I cannot really do anything if the ear info turns out to be correct.

So my question is, what are the guidelines on the passport photos for the foreign fiance? Do they really need to be showing their right ear?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is our first attempt at filing for the K-1 Visa, and I am being very meticulous... but I am still bordering on paranoid to make sure everything is done correctly.

Both ears should be visable, hair back, no jewelry etc. Here is a link that could help:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/photoexamples/photoexamples_5300.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We had an RFE for the passport style photos to be re-done. We had them done in Mexico & they were cut the wrong size (not exactly 2"x2") when we re-did them we had the fiancee (in Mexico) go back to the photo place & the photographer was kind enough to email them to us so we could quickly print them to the correct size & zoom etc...we printed them out here & sent back to the CSS. It was very quick to do, thank Heaven for email...

Kim

Timeline

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the help. I can already see a few mistakes they made when they had the photo done in Colombia. Its not wide enough and the picture was taken too close. I suppose I will ask her to get another one taken.

Thanks a lot for the quick feedback though!

Timeline

My fiancee just applied for and received her Colombian Passport today (same day processing). When she had her Colombian Passport photo taken yesterday, she followed the guidelines for Colombian Passport photos. Tomorrow she is getting two photos that we will use to attach to the duplicate Form DS-156, and those two photos will follow the strict guidelines as set out by the U.S. State Department (as in the link provided above Tyeger87).

Getting the photo for her Colombian Passport was a piece of cake; the photoshops are quite familiar with meeting their own country's requirements. Now, given my experience with other tasks that need to have some sort of precision or exactness, getting the one tomorrow for the Form DS-156 that meets the requirements of the U.S. State Department may be a major you-know-what!!!

May 01, 2011 - Permission and Blessing from her father received (3+ hour conversation)!

May 07, 2011 - She said "yes", we are engaged!!!

May 31, 2011 - Sent Form I-129F via USPS with return receipt requested.

Timeline

My fiancee just applied for and received her Colombian Passport today (same day processing). When she had her Colombian Passport photo taken yesterday, she followed the guidelines for Colombian Passport photos. Tomorrow she is getting two photos that we will use to attach to the duplicate Form DS-156, and those two photos will follow the strict guidelines as set out by the U.S. State Department (as in the link provided above Tyeger87).

Getting the photo for her Colombian Passport was a piece of cake; the photoshops are quite familiar with meeting their own country's requirements. Now, given my experience with other tasks that need to have some sort of precision or exactness, getting the one tomorrow for the Form DS-156 that meets the requirements of the U.S. State Department may be a major you-know-what!!!

To clarify, the photo being taken tomorrow will first be used to include with the I-129F application package, but I'm going to have her get several so we can have a couple extra on-hand when needed for the DS-156. I'm cautiously optimistic that we will be able to get a photo tomorrow that meets the requirements of the U.S. State Department (I've printed out the guidelines and sample page to take with us to the photoshop, lol).

May 01, 2011 - Permission and Blessing from her father received (3+ hour conversation)!

May 07, 2011 - She said "yes", we are engaged!!!

May 31, 2011 - Sent Form I-129F via USPS with return receipt requested.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.