Ravens

How do we know if aproved??

4 posts in this topic

I sent my I-864 in and was delivered to NVC on April 18, 2011

My wifes DS-230 was delivered to NVC on April 27, 2011

I called NVC number a few times and only got message that package was generated for our case a while back.

I called the other day and then it said and RFE was sent.

At that point I called operator and she said the RFE was for my wifes DS-230 not being received yet.

I told operator it was sent in and received April 27

The operator then told me do ignor the RFE and wait aprox 20 days for it to be processed.

Operator stated that the reason the RFE was generated is because the I-864 was reviewed already and they did not have the DS-230

Later that day I received an email (and received the same email 6 times now).

In the email was the RFE (never received by mail) and it say it was for my wife.

The RFE stated I-864 was received and reviewed and that they only needed the DS-230

My question is not based on the DS-230 but around the I-864.

From the above does this mean the I-864 was accepted and going through(aproved at NVC)?

Edited by Ravens

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I sent my I-864 in and was delivered to NVC on April 18, 2011

My wifes DS-230 was delivered to NVC on April 27, 2011

I called NVC number a few times and only got message that package was generated for our case a while back.

I called the other day and then it said and RFE was sent.

At that point I called operator and she said the RFE was for my wifes DS-230 not being received yet.

I told operator it was sent in and received April 27

The operator then told me do ignor the RFE and wait aprox 20 days for it to be processed.

Operator stated that the reason the RFE was generated is because the I-864 was reviewed already and they did not have the DS-230

Later that day I received an email (and received the same email 6 times now).

In the email was the RFE (never received by mail) and it say it was for my wife.

The RFE stated I-864 was received and reviewed and that they only needed the DS-230

My question is not based on the DS-230 but around the I-864.

From the above does this mean the I-864 was accepted and going through(aproved at NVC)?

Yes Most likely ur I864 was approved... when u call u can ask the operator if I864 was approved or not...

i just did that like few hrs ago.. and the operator said everything looked GOOD... so that means no problem with AOS...

Edited by digital82

USCIS Process - CR-1 Visa

Service Center :: California Service Center

Consulate :: MUMBAI - INDIA

08 / 05 / 2010 :: I-130 Sent

02 / 10 / 2011 :: NOA-2 - TXT and Email ***After Senator Help Was Requested

02 / 19 / 2011 :: Hardcopy Received in Snail Mail

Total 185 Days For Approval

NVC Process - 19 Days to Reach NVC

02 / 28 / 2011 :: NVC Receive

05 / 16 / 2011 :: Sign in Failed

05 / 17 / 2011 :: NVC Case Complete

Total 78 Days for Completion At NVC

Medical / Interview / POE

05 / 26 / 2011 :: Interview Date Received - Packet 4

06 / 07 / 2011 :: Medical - DONE

07 / 05 / 2011 :: VFS Fees Paid

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Interview - APPROVED

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Picked up Visa in the Evening

07 / 23 / 2011 :: P.O.E - Washington DC - Dulles Airport

WIFE IS FINALLY HERE!!!

Yes Most likely ur I864 was approved... when u call u can ask the operator if I864 was approved or not...

i just did that like few hrs ago.. and the operator said everything looked GOOD... so that means no problem with AOS...

Thanks Digital82

Operator said the same thing to me when I asked. She said it was OK. I did not know if this meant at the time approved or that proper papers were given.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes, your I864 is fine. If there were any issues, you would have received an RFE about it by now. Especially since it's been processed and showing in the system. No need to worry.

Regarding your multiple RFE emails about the DS-230. That will end up with a status change (barring any problem after the review). NVC is like this... multiple channels dealing with a case and one hand not always talking with the other. It's not uncommon that an email or letter is sent out for missing items, when in fact it was sent and received long ago.

During our case the I864 and DS230 were both received, reviewed and approved. Only one form was missing (specific to China process only), however NVC failed to notify us about the form. Then, instead of notifying us about what the specific form was, they sent an entire blank DS230 by postal mail to my wife in China. Fortunately, I was really on top of our case with constant follows-ups i.e. regular calls and to NVC talking to a live operator and supervisors. The same things happened with us and a supervisor confirmed to ignore the new DS-230 and gave me the link for the one form needed. We saved at least another 6 weeks in time by catching the error and following up on it.

My main point is. Keep following-up as you have been. I suggest talking more directly to a live operator and/or supervisor. The automated system is generally good in the beginning to confirm a case number soon after the case arrives to NVC. But, as far as accurate and timely updates, it can be inaccurate often by weeks and sometimes months.

Best of luck, your nearing the end.

~Bleauwolf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.