Samoray

Cairo Live WebChat With Consul General Roberto Powers

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

• Live webchat with Consul General Roberto Powers
    The U.S. Embassy in Cairo is pleased to invite the Egyptian and American public and press to a live webchat with Consul General Roberto Powers. Mr. Powers will discuss different types of U.S. visas, the application process, the requirements for applying for a visa, and the best time to apply for a visa if you are planning to travel to the United States. He will also answer questions relating to services for American citizens residing in or traveling to Egypt.
    Please submit your visa questions here at any time. Your question will appear on your screen in red once it has been successfully submitted. Join us for the live webchat on Thursday, May 5th, from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.

It's today from 3 to 4 pm, if anyone is interested in attending :thumbs:

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm going to miss it, but do you know if they archive the chats and post them? Or can someone who is able to attend capture and post the chat for those of us who can't make it? I'm very interested.

Thank you

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Timeline

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the reminder. I hope he get to answer my questions, before he logs off. So far I am still waiting.

Hey Wendy, did he answer your question ?

I asked him why they didn't keep my passport and he said because they can predict the time when the mandatory processing will end, then asked a follow up question but never got an answer but was a nice little chat thou, very cool, i hope they do it again.

I'm going to miss it, but do you know if they archive the chats and post them? Or can someone who is able to attend capture and post the chat for those of us who can't make it? I'm very interested.

Thank you

They will post the script of the chat on the website of the embassy

us-eg.gif

I asked him why they didn't keep my passport and he said because they can predict the time when the mandatory processing will end, then asked a follow up question but never got an answer but was a nice little chat thou, very cool, i hope they do it again.

nice Techno man

Timeline

Very cool indeed. He didn't answer me directly. But he did mention that the NVC should start scheduling interviews for us in June, so that means for July dates :(((( Man thats gotta suck, having to wait for AP without any clue onto when it will end. All we can do my brother is be patient and pray.

Timeline

Very cool indeed. He didn't answer me directly. But he did mention that the NVC should start scheduling interviews for us in June, so that means for July dates :(((( Man thats gotta suck, having to wait for AP without any clue onto when it will end. All we can do my brother is be patient and pray.

That sucks really that you have to wait for another month, and i am waiting for god knows till when, but wow was very polite and cordial guy he stayed for thirty more minutes after the time was up, i wish we had more time, i could just sit there and read the questions and answers.

us-eg.gif

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

That sucks really that you have to wait for another month, and i am waiting for god knows till when, but wow was very polite and cordial guy he stayed for thirty more minutes after the time was up, i wish we had more time, i could just sit there and read the questions and answers.

Hello guys. That was nice. I started another topic and posted all the questions and answers here -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/308399-questions-and-answers-from-the-embassy-in-cairo/

Forgive me its little unformatted.

Timeline

OMG, your gonna laugh! It just hit me. Maybe coz I signed in as a quest, thats the reason my questions didnt ger answered directly. Silly me :wacko::bonk: Could I be correct? :unsure: Ohhhhhh well till next time. Inshallah we will both know something by next month. Have you seen my sis Amber? Hope she is doing well and getting excellent marks on her exams. I told her take me in your bag Amber, come onnnnnnn. You said ur taking a big bag, jejjejjeje.

Edited by Wendy<3Ahmed

Timeline

OMG, your gonna laugh! It just hit me. Maybe coz I signed in as a quest, thats the reason my questions didnt ger answered directly. Silly me :wacko::bonk: Could I be correct? :unsure: Ohhhhhh well till next time. Inshallah we will both know something by next month. Have you seen my sis Amber? Hope she is doing well and getting excellent marks on her exams. I told her take me in your bag Amber, come onnnnnnn. You said ur taking a big bag, jejjejjeje.

Maybe that's why but i think if i remember right that i saw one guest question that got answered, i hope that inshallah we will have good news by next month, however the consular did mention that AP could take from 30 to 90 days, so crossing my fingers for that, no i haven't seen Amber, she seems like she is busy doing something i haven't seen her posting, wish her luck in her exams, but wow, did she promise you to take you with her in her bag ? i mean aren't you afraid to be confiscated by the college security, they might consider you as her cheating device and cancel her exam :lol: isn't she going to Egypt soon ?

us-eg.gif

Timeline

Maybe that's why but i think if i remember right that i saw one guest question that got answered, i hope that inshallah we will have good news by next month, however the consular did mention that AP could take from 30 to 90 days, so crossing my fingers for that, no i haven't seen Amber, she seems like she is busy doing something i haven't seen her posting, wish her luck in her exams, but wow, did she promise you to take you with her in her bag ? i mean aren't you afraid to be confiscated by the college security, they might consider you as her cheating device and cancel her exam :lol: isn't she going to Egypt soon ?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Silly man, I meant in her bag/luggage to Egypt. But I know she wasnt leaving yet, untill her exam finals were done.

Timeline

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Silly man, I meant in her bag/luggage to Egypt. But I know she wasnt leaving yet, untill her exam finals were done.

My bad lol :D

us-eg.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.