hamtaro

PLEASE, PLEASE soebody help! interview on Friday, no documents!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I posated this in US conslate discussion but I am not getting any help, we rea;ly messed up, I have my interview on Friday at London but my husband sent my oroginal documents AND copies to NVC, says that is what we were supposed to do and kept no copies so I have NOTHING to take! All the reviews I read of London say they asked for information, I'm in an utter state can anyoneplease reassure me. I'm really, really doubtful of what he says he sent for the financial evidence as it is one of the things marked "Y" ie. receved document but no certified or original copies. My husband says he sent tax returns (ie just a copy of the questions filled in, ####### how is that official!) and his last payslip (just ONE!!!!!) and a letter from his employer, I'm in a state. My husband is very blase about everything but I panic seriously. I really don't think we have sent remotely enough and I have no documents to take Friday bar my passport. Please somebody help me persuade him to try to courier me SOMETHING because I don't think this is enough.

If I fail the interview, can I redo it?

We got the following on the letter from the embassy and btw we have no letter just an emailed pdf and I don't know if I should have received something in the post!

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS

C

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Y

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART II

Y

PASSPORT

Y

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

O

ADOPTION

F

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

O

MARRIAGE TERMINATION

O

COURT RECORDS

F

FINANCIAL EVIDENCE

Y

CUSTODY PAPERS

F

MILITARY RECORDS

F

GREAT BRITAIN/NORTHERN IRELAND POLICE CERTIFICATE

O

FEE PAYMENT

$

PHOTOGRAPH

Y

PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

F

PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE

F

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hamtaro, I hear you, Im listening, but I have no expertise regarding your situation. Please VJ lets give her some ideas???

Maybe you can ask to reschedule the Interview, if they ask why just explain it. Maybe that can buy you some time until you can get back the originals or order new documents?? Best of luck

Peace n Love Happy

“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”

Hamtaro, I hear you, Im listening, but I have no expertise regarding your situation. Please VJ lets give her some ideas???

Maybe you can ask to reschedule the Interview, if they ask why just explain it. Maybe that can buy you some time until you can get back the originals or order new documents?? Best of luck

Peace n Love Happy

I am really not understanding any of this.

We sent what they asked for. Which was ORIGINALS and COPIES. They asked for an original and a copy. So bar the passport, which I needed, we did just that. An original and a photocopy of everything.

Is it really the case that nobody else sent them what they asked for?

On the interview reviews I see swarthes of people saying they asked for passport, birth cert etc.

I only have, for example, my original short form birth certificate.

I SENT them the long form, whch was an official record from the records office. Is it honestly the case that some people do not send them this, even though they ask for it, even though you can get extra certified copies?

I mean some people are saying they asked for the police cert. I don't understand why you would not send this at NVC stage. I did. We sent everything at NVC stage, unfortunately my husband did not get copies to keep for ourselves and I really honestly thought we would not need this.

Why do I need to get back the originals that we sent on to NVC? Why delay the interview?

I'm really confused because we really did do EXACTLY what they asked, though I'm not happy about what he says he sent in for the proof of income.

Hamtaro; Please understand, I know nothing about your previous posts, or experiences on your Visa applications.

Question ONE:

Is your case complete? If yes, you have nothing to worry about.

The NVC will have already sent your Originals to the Embassy in YOUR file.

When you begin your interview, they already have your ORIGINAL documents from the NVC.

Question TWO:

Have you had your medical? If yes, you have nothing to worry about. If you have not had your medical yet, it will be too late to arrange this and have your interview this week. Sorry.

Your emailed PDF is 'nearly' the same as mine.

We are allowed to print off this PDF and use it as the 'interview letter' to hand into the Embassy.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3740.html

Please read the above links carefully and bring with you your own original passport, and three 'american' sized passport photo's to the interview with you

YOUR PDF and the codes explained:

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS

C

[C = DIRECT ENQUIRIES TO YOUR CONSULATE/EMBASSY]

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Y

[Y = THE REQUIRED DOCUMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED]

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART II

Y

PASSPORT

Y

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

O

[O = THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND ACCEPTED AS MEETING POST REQUIREMENTS]

ADOPTION

F

[F = THIS FORM IS NOT NECESSARY FOR THIS APPLICATION]

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

O

[O = THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND ACCEPTED AS MEETING POST REQUIREMENTS]

MARRIAGE TERMINATION

O

COURT RECORDS

F

FINANCIAL EVIDENCE

Y

CUSTODY PAPERS

F

MILITARY RECORDS

F

GREAT BRITAIN/NORTHERN IRELAND POLICE CERTIFICATE

O

FEE PAYMENT

$

[$ = PAYMENT RECEIVED]

PHOTOGRAPH

Y

PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE

F

PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE

F

YOUR NVC letter states that they have received your BIRTH certificate "BIRTH CERTIFICATE

O

[O = THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND ACCEPTED AS MEETING POST REQUIREMENTS]"

Edited by Geordie

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Aug 26 2010 - I-130 received by USCIS

Jan 21 2011 - Approved by USCIS

Mar 04 2011 - NVC received

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

Mar 30 2011 - NVC COMPLETED

Apr 14 2011 - Packet 4 received

May 12 2011 - EMBASSY INTERVIEW

May 23 2011 - VISA received

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Jun 20 2011 - GREENCARD arrives

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Seriously there is nothing to worry about. Since most of the original docs were sent to NVC you wont be needing much more.If your husband has been previously married you will need to take the original marriage termination docs with you to the interview because this is not usually required at NVC stage; they only request marriage termination docs for the beneficiary at NVC.

You should be set with his latest tax returns(and that of the co-sponsor if you have one). Relax!!!

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

I see that the NVC claim they have received your Passport.

Did you mail / post your Original passport to the NVC, or is it in your possession?

If you have it with you, do not worry!

You will need your own original passport as ID proof as to who you are, and the american sized passport photo's.

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Aug 26 2010 - I-130 received by USCIS

Jan 21 2011 - Approved by USCIS

Mar 04 2011 - NVC received

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

Mar 30 2011 - NVC COMPLETED

Apr 14 2011 - Packet 4 received

May 12 2011 - EMBASSY INTERVIEW

May 23 2011 - VISA received

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Jun 20 2011 - GREENCARD arrives

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

I am really not understanding any of this.

We sent what they asked for. Which was ORIGINALS and COPIES. They asked for an original and a copy. So bar the passport, which I needed, we did just that. An original and a photocopy of everything.

Is it really the case that nobody else sent them what they asked for?

On the interview reviews I see swarthes of people saying they asked for passport, birth cert etc.

I only have, for example, my original short form birth certificate.

I SENT them the long form, whch was an official record from the records office. Is it honestly the case that some people do not send them this, even though they ask for it, even though you can get extra certified copies?

I mean some people are saying they asked for the police cert. I don't understand why you would not send this at NVC stage. I did. We sent everything at NVC stage, unfortunately my husband did not get copies to keep for ourselves and I really honestly thought we would not need this.

Why do I need to get back the originals that we sent on to NVC? Why delay the interview?

I'm really confused because we really did do EXACTLY what they asked, though I'm not happy about what he says he sent in for the proof of income.

Hi there,

You don't need to bring the originals as they already have them, but you need to bring a copy of the packets your husband sent to NVC, ask him to email you whatever he has. As per the medical exam, I advice you to contact a doctor and tell him it is an emergency, your interview is Friday, they are used to this kind of emergency.

Good luck

09/2009 - Met in Paris, France at work
04-23-2010 Marriage in Madison, Alabama
USCIS
07-19-2010 Filed I-130 - CR1 & CR2 (my daughter)
07-20-2010 Priority date
07-27-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)
11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre
02-23-2011 NOA2 for my case
03-09-2011 NOA2 for daughter's case
NVC
03-04-2011 Case #
03-17-2011 Daughter's case#
04-21-2011 AOS & Support docs delivered to NVC
04-22-2011 NVC receive
(RFEs : Jan 27, Feb 8, May 4 & 5, all of them nonsense based, our birth certificates are multi-lingual, but they only see it when I call them after receiving the RFE)

05-23-2011 Checklists delivered to NVC (desperately waiting for CC)
06-06-2011 SIF
06-08-2011 CC (both mine & daughter's) + RFE - checklist to bring to interview
06-28-2011 Medical exam - Passed
07-19-2011 Interview in Paris - Passed
07-26-2011 Visa in hand
08/05/2011 POE Atlanta

08/22/2011 SSN Card in hand
08/23/2011 GC in hand Yipeeeeeeeeeeee

Removal of Conditions

07/20/2013 Petitions sent

07/23/2013 NOA

07/29/2013 NOA received

08/03/2013 Biometrics appointment letter received, scheduled 08/20/2013 in Birmingham AL

I appreciate the help, I really do but I am still getting conflicting information and I really don't understand what to believe and it is why I've avoided this site til now for fear of conflicting information making me panic.

I do not have the latest tax returns of my husband (they have been sent to NVC.)

I do not have a copy of the packet sent to NVC by my husband - he did not keep copies of anything!

My husband: Too trusting, too calm. Trusts everything will go right, to the point of making no copies - he sent minimal info for a UK visitor visa for example, then failed it. I can't trust him with anything bureaucratic, because he doesn't worry about anything so he doesn't arm himself with everything in the event of anything going wrong. To date we have been delayed twice, heavily as the delays occurred at holiday seasons because he sent the wrong forms or missed a form out. It has taken over a year as a result of these delays and having him doing all the forms and packets is hellish for me, I really wish I could have done it.

I have had the medical already. I am worried sick about that too!

What I have:

My passport

Photos (must they be American sized, we already sent them loads.)

I have nothing else!

Do I really need nothing else is what I need to know, some people say take copies of everything, some say tyou don't need anything as they have orginals, others say take the NVC packet - I don't know what to believe all I know is I must have the right info before tomorrow if I am to persuade my husband to send anything because he thinks I'm just panicking and nothing needs to be done. I simply do not know why the info given is not explicit as to what to do, it's written in what seems to be a deliberatly confusing and vague fashion and this whole process has been a nightmare so bad that I'm sure it's shortened my life.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

when reading embassy reviews, ensure you are reading reviews for CR-1/IR-1 visas -

the document gathering process is different for K-1 visas - I can understand the confusion

IIF

you are studying K-1 visa 'interview reports'. Don't do that.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The info in the guides is pretty clear, at least to me.

You should not need anything else/ any copies, as the embassy will have been sent everything your husband sent to MVC. Some people bring copies in case something got lost, but this is NOT a requirement.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Girl your panic is contagious :D I finally read all the messages, and I agree with Penguin. You got nothing to worry about, just bring yourself, your passport and the PDF. You are ready for your Visa, I guess you've been ready from the very begining, and now that you are reaching the end of the visa journey, you're kinda looking for a missing something, and that's normal, it's called panic. Relax, you're there. Just think about the upcoming great reunion day

09/2009 - Met in Paris, France at work
04-23-2010 Marriage in Madison, Alabama
USCIS
07-19-2010 Filed I-130 - CR1 & CR2 (my daughter)
07-20-2010 Priority date
07-27-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)
11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre
02-23-2011 NOA2 for my case
03-09-2011 NOA2 for daughter's case
NVC
03-04-2011 Case #
03-17-2011 Daughter's case#
04-21-2011 AOS & Support docs delivered to NVC
04-22-2011 NVC receive
(RFEs : Jan 27, Feb 8, May 4 & 5, all of them nonsense based, our birth certificates are multi-lingual, but they only see it when I call them after receiving the RFE)

05-23-2011 Checklists delivered to NVC (desperately waiting for CC)
06-06-2011 SIF
06-08-2011 CC (both mine & daughter's) + RFE - checklist to bring to interview
06-28-2011 Medical exam - Passed
07-19-2011 Interview in Paris - Passed
07-26-2011 Visa in hand
08/05/2011 POE Atlanta

08/22/2011 SSN Card in hand
08/23/2011 GC in hand Yipeeeeeeeeeeee

Removal of Conditions

07/20/2013 Petitions sent

07/23/2013 NOA

07/29/2013 NOA received

08/03/2013 Biometrics appointment letter received, scheduled 08/20/2013 in Birmingham AL

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

your husband should have sent you copies of everything, but it is not a requirement. Only helpful if something is missing then you can pull out the copy and show the VO. The originals that you need to bring are all things that you should have already. Passport, Interview letter, Birth Certificate (not required but doesn't hurt to have). So you're ok. Relax and focus on the other things you need like the medical.

Breath deep and smile :thumbs:

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

If you absolutely need a copy just have him scan it and pdf it to you. If there are any questions then so be it, you did what you could/should do. Relax is easy for me to say but try to......

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To add another level of reassurance, if on the off chance they ask for a document that has not been submitted already, they will give you time to get it to them. They won't deny you for that but allow you an opportunity to fill in anything that is missing.

You can also say "it is all my husband's fault!" - that statement in and of itself is often good evidence of a valid marriage! :lol:

Good luck at the interview. :)

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.