brokenpieces

I need Help

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just had my interview last April 24. I passed my test but i was asked to send more documents as proof because i was out of the country for 5 months. I was out of the country since my father and brother are sick at the same time. My brother was diagnosed with cancer last year. I thought, its okay to apply as long as you did not exceed more than 6 months. I applied my naturalization based on my marriage. I sent the documents they needed but i did not hear from IO anymore. Its been almost 2 weeks. Does anybody has the same experience? I am quite worried now.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

"Almost 2 weeks"? I understand that you are impatient but 2 weeks is nothing... Wait a little bit more and if you don't hear from them schedule an INFOPASS and/or contact your senator.

Some offices are very slow and if you have to submit additional evidence that makes the timeline longer. I applied in September, they requested evidence after the interview in January. Finally I found out via my senator that my case is approved as of April 7 but the oath ceremony is still not scheduled. I am just saying this so you know I feel your pain! Keep on hanging :thumbs:

Edited by Szilvia74

Filed: Other Timeline

Two weeks? That's nothing. Every time you basically get an RFE for lacking documentation, you have to expect it to take a few months. It's not like your I.O. is sitting next to the mail box, waiting every day for your letter to arrive. Your file is in a stack of 200 other files right now. At some point your documentation will land on your I.O.'s desk and then he will eventually get to it. There is no emergency for you; you can travel as you wish, and there are no federal elections until November of next year, so forget about this whole thing until you hear from them.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

What kind of proof? Can only speak from experience, wife had to bring both her expired passport and new FOREIGN passport that her IO pretended to check that all her listed dates were correct.

I say pretended, not with her new passport, that was clean with only a couple of stamps on it, but her old one where she made many trips with her work to various Latin American countries, plus also our pre-marriage trips that fell within that three year time frame since she became a LPR. That was a mess, these POE guys aren't exactly neat with stamps on top of stamps. Took me seemingly hours to interpret those days and only was a couple of dates since she became a LPR. But that was settled then and there at her interview. Five months shouldn't be a problem for you, but apparently they are questioning those dates.

They say good luck on your interview, that includes good driving weather, no traffic accidents and not necessarily yours, and getting a halfway reasonable IO. We had good luck with the two former, but not necessarily with the latter. Didn't anyone wish you good luck?

Thank you everyone for the replies. Makes me feel better. I am just not used to waiting because with my prior applications, it was so quick. Very quick that i thought my citizenship application will be the same. But i am wrong. Too much expectation. The proof that my IO need from me is the medical certificate of my father and my brother. She wanted to make sure i wasnt lying when i told her its due to medical and health reason of my father and brother why i was out of the country for 5 months.

I really appreciate all your replies..

My timeline:

Dec 2007 - Applied for Temporary Green Card

February 15, 2008 - My temporary green card arrived

Dec 2009 - Applied for 10 year Permanent Green Card

April 2010 - My 10 year green card arrived

Dec 2010 - Applied for Naturalization

April 24, 2011 - Done with my interview was asked to send more document

What kind of proof? Can only speak from experience, wife had to bring both her expired passport and new FOREIGN passport that her IO pretended to check that all her listed dates were correct.

I say pretended, not with her new passport, that was clean with only a couple of stamps on it, but her old one where she made many trips with her work to various Latin American countries, plus also our pre-marriage trips that fell within that three year time frame since she became a LPR. That was a mess, these POE guys aren't exactly neat with stamps on top of stamps. Took me seemingly hours to interpret those days and only was a couple of dates since she became a LPR. But that was settled then and there at her interview. Five months shouldn't be a problem for you, but apparently they are questioning those dates.

They say good luck on your interview, that includes good driving weather, no traffic accidents and not necessarily yours, and getting a halfway reasonable IO. We had good luck with the two former, but not necessarily with the latter. Didn't anyone wish you good luck?

*I prayed the whole time. With this experience, the Lord wanted me to learn something, to be PATIENT* Thank you.:-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

As my friend says: hold your wig there (something like hang in there but in Portuguese. LOL).

Just be patient for now, 2 weeks is too soon. :star:

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.