Ray-J

April 2011 Filers

468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

From USCIS today: On June 24, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

WOW Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful news, and so quick! :dance::D :D

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

04-13-2011 - I-129F Sent

04-19-2011 - I-129F NOA1

07-08-2011 - NOA2 Email Notification Received

09-26-2011 - Medical

11-08-2011 - Interview at Auckland Consulate (Approved)

02-16-2012 - Arrived in the US (POE San Francisco)

04-14-2012 - Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok now that Ray is approved I'm sure there will be some dead silence. SOMEONE needs to talk! I would like to see our thread grow to at least 10 pages before I get approved. Everyone else thread is putting ours to shame! haha. May already 24 pages so I see we need to do some catching up.

Tell me some short stories about your mates and you or anything. What is on your minds, thoughts, prayer requests....... :help:

draw me pics with smileys :dance::bonk::crying:

jump type bump to bump our thread up just to enlighten me :whistle:

i dont care as long as it is something :thumbs:

Alright I'll add a short story of my own to show willingness of me doing of what I'm asking. :lol:

Geraldine is a pint size woman and I'm a big ox compared to her. GG is her nickname for short along with other nicknames I've personally given her. Anyways we went to Petra during our trip anyone who doesn't know what that is it's like the Grand Canyon with stone buildings and I'm pretty sure bigger. During our trip to Petra I gave her a couple of piggy back rides until we got to the end of a path. I see a donkey I turn to her and said "Look baby there is a mini horse just for you". She turns to me and says "I would feel sorry for that horse if you sat on it. It wouldn't be able to walk." :lol:

So then we get up to an 8 year old salesman that are all over Petra, little minions I guess. He says to me "Excuse me sir, Need a Donkey." :lol:

Now every now and then when we're talking about her coming here I'll ask her if she needs a donkey. :lol:

Even if noone reads this I feel accomplished by bumping our thread. :P

Timeline

Ok now that Ray is approved I'm sure there will be some dead silence. SOMEONE needs to talk! I would like to see our thread grow to at least 10 pages before I get approved. Everyone else thread is putting ours to shame! haha. May already 24 pages so I see we need to do some catching up.

Tell me some short stories about your mates and you or anything. What is on your minds, thoughts, prayer requests....... :help:

draw me pics with smileys :dance::bonk::crying:

jump type bump to bump our thread up just to enlighten me :whistle:

i dont care as long as it is something :thumbs:

Alright I'll add a short story of my own to show willingness of me doing of what I'm asking. :lol:

Geraldine is a pint size woman and I'm a big ox compared to her. GG is her nickname for short along with other nicknames I've personally given her. Anyways we went to Petra during our trip anyone who doesn't know what that is it's like the Grand Canyon with stone buildings and I'm pretty sure bigger. During our trip to Petra I gave her a couple of piggy back rides until we got to the end of a path. I see a donkey I turn to her and said "Look baby there is a mini horse just for you". She turns to me and says "I would feel sorry for that horse if you sat on it. It wouldn't be able to walk." :lol:

So then we get up to an 8 year old salesman that are all over Petra, little minions I guess. He says to me "Excuse me sir, Need a Donkey." :lol:

Now every now and then when we're talking about her coming here I'll ask her if she needs a donkey. :lol:

Even if noone reads this I feel accomplished by bumping our thread. :P

I Read it john and I will help you bump up your thread.Im a "May Filer" and I guess ONE of the reasons we have 24 Pages is cause I talk a lot for one thing, and Another, Ray always visiting out Group, which of course he was Welcome to do. it seemed like he was a "May Filer" he was there so much. So keep up the Work, you will catch us SOON!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hahhaha .. I'll share! My fiance has a rather odd name that people have a heck of a time getting right, so when he's in The States and needs to make dinner reservations or taxi reservations or anything that requires we leave a name he makes it under the name of "Josh" except he didn't tell me that he did that until we were called up to the front for our dinner reservation one night and I thought he'd stolen someone else's spot in line. As soon as we sat down I told him I didn't think it was right he'd go up there and take another persons spot, which confused HIM. It took a bit of parsing out and he suddenly belly laughed and explained to me why he uses that name! :)

We're with ya on the opposite height thing, he's got a foot on me as I'm five-five and he's six-five! :D

4.26.11 - Packet sent to Texas LockBox

4.28.11 - Delivery to Dallas Texas

5.4.11 - NOA1 Text AND Email @ 2:46 AM. WOOT!

5.6.11 - NOA1 Hard Copy

8.17.11 - NOA2!!!!!!!!! NO RFE!! THANKS VJ FRIENDS!!

105 days from NOA1 to NOA2

Timeline

Hahhaha .. I'll share! My fiance has a rather odd name that people have a heck of a time getting right, so when he's in The States and needs to make dinner reservations or taxi reservations or anything that requires we leave a name he makes it under the name of "Josh" except he didn't tell me that he did that until we were called up to the front for our dinner reservation one night and I thought he'd stolen someone else's spot in line. As soon as we sat down I told him I didn't think it was right he'd go up there and take another persons spot, which confused HIM. It took a bit of parsing out and he suddenly belly laughed and explained to me why he uses that name! :)

We're with ya on the opposite height thing, he's got a foot on me as I'm five-five and he's six-five! :D

His and Hers.... you got the "SAME" NOA 1 date as me!:hehe:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

What's his real name if you don't mind me asking?

Also GG is between 4'9 and 5'1 I'm not sure exactly because I haven't officially got her measured. However she got it measured in cm and it converts close to 4'9-4'11 but she claims she's 5'1(maybe in high heels :lol: ). We'll see I'm gonna measured her when she gets here. :rofl:

I'm 5'10 and about 100 pounds bigger than her. :lol:

Edited by John*&*his*GG

Timeline

SouthCal - Good luck! Hopefully we'll hear something around the same time! :)

His real name is Geza and when he spells it out it's G-E-ZED-A - which just confuses people more. hehe.

John: We're in the same boat, he's got about 75 pounds on me. Love it though, certainly always feel safe when he's around!

5.6.11 - NOA1 Hard Copy

Timeline

SouthCal - Good luck! Hopefully we'll hear something around the same time! :)

His real name is Geza and when he spells it out it's G-E-ZED-A - which just confuses people more. hehe.

John: We're in the same boat, he's got about 75 pounds on me. Love it though, certainly always feel safe when he's around!

Hopefully we will!!!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

So does anyone have some summer vacation plans?

We go camping on Lake Winnipeg at the end of every summer with a bunch of his friends and I'm thinking if we get approved close to my time to leave I might wait to give him the news when we're by the campfire by the lake. I don't know if I could contain it though. Seems we've waited forever already and it's only been a couple months but I would lovelovelove to see his reaction in person when I tell him!

5.6.11 - NOA1 Hard Copy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I'm flying over again in August, and we are going to the Dublin Irish Festival in Ohio for a couple days.

And in September my fiancee will visit me here in Belgium for the first time. So we will visit a couple cities here. (Leuven, Bruges, Brussels and Breda (in Holland))

All good things to look forward to :)

Timeline

So does anyone have some summer vacation plans?

We go camping on Lake Winnipeg at the end of every summer with a bunch of his friends and I'm thinking if we get approved close to my time to leave I might wait to give him the news when we're by the campfire by the lake. I don't know if I could contain it though. Seems we've waited forever already and it's only been a couple months but I would lovelovelove to see his reaction in person when I tell him!

Funny one of the first things I plan on doing for Geraldine is take her camping when she gets here. She has never been camping. My friend told me of a place to go camping near a beach. Since she hasn't been to a beach for a while because of being stuck in Jordan for the last 2 years almost I'm going to take her camping and to the beach if it's warm enough. Even enough I live in the mid-west so it's just sand that has been transported. We're hoping to get her here mid-sept if all goes well. If she is then I'll be able to take her to a Cardinals baseball game as well. Haha I'm excited to have her here I'm a bit of a dork and day dream of her being here already. :P

I dunno about the waiting I think soon as we get approved I'm calling her right away and probably 20 times if I need to until she picks up. :lol:

@ the name comment that is a wild name though I saw plenty of wild names of Jordanians when I was in Jordan. I couldn't even pronounce any of them. :rofl:

Edited by John*&*his*GG

Timeline

My birthday is July 21, a NOA2 would be the best birthday-present at the moment icon_banana2.gif

haha Geraldine's birthday is July 4th I told her it would be a nice present if we got approved close to then. The 21st is completely fine with me. :thumbs: Although I'm hoping ours will be a bit sooner. :P

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok now that Ray is approved I'm sure there will be some dead silence. SOMEONE needs to talk! I dont care as long as it is something :thumbs:

I'm still here (lurking more than contributing). I'm just calculating my next move. :lol: I know it's going to be a week or so before the NVC gets our case. I have the number saved in my cell phone. Where we're at with our situation is this: Amy needs to get her passport renewed and her NBI still needs to be run. We've already received 2 copies of her birth certificate and her CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage (for all who aren't dealing with pinay/pinoy loved ones)). The Philippine government seems to be running very slow right now. I've heard as long as 4 months for passports, but I don't know if that's for new passport applicants. I'm hoping that the wait for a passport renewal is much shorter (like only a few weeks). At this point, I don't care if we don't get an interview date until October. We're expecting our first baby together (I have a 15 y.o. son from a previous relationship), due around Oct. 14. My mother and I are flying over for the birth, arriving Oct. 10 and staying for a month. If at all possible, I plan on being there for the embassy interview (USEM allows for this). I'm sure it will make things go much smoother and will increase the chances of hearing "Approved." If everything goes right, Amy and Ryan/Serena (not sure if it will be a boy or girl, yet (our angel wasn't laying right during the last ultrasound)) will be able to come back with us when we return to Chicago on 11-11-11. Our wedding date is set for January 7, 2012; the first day we met in person. (L)

Current Status: Married on March 3, 2012. Preparing for AOS.

01-07-11 Met in person for the first time

04-04-11 I-129F sent via USPS Priority Mail

04-06-11 Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - signed for by J. Arthur

04-08-11 NOA1 sent to me, Check cashed, Case transferred to the California Service Center

04-11-11 Touched, Received e-notification via text message of NOA1 (at 12:30 am?!?!?)

04-15-11 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail. Notice date 4/8/11.

06-24-11 Touched, Email and text - NOA2 approved in 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days (77 days total)!!!

07-01-11 NOA2 hardcopy received

07-27-11 NVC receive - FINALLY!

07-29-11 NVC depart to Manila

10-13-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 1)

10-17-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 2)

10-18-11 Embassy interview - APPROVED!!

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Timeline

I'm still here (lurking more than contributing). I'm just calculating my next move. :lol: I know it's going to be a week or so before the NVC gets our case. I have the number saved in my cell phone. Where we're at with our situation is this: Amy needs to get her passport renewed and her NBI still needs to be run. We've already received 2 copies of her birth certificate and her CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage (for all who aren't dealing with pinay/pinoy loved ones)). The Philippine government seems to be running very slow right now. I've heard as long as 4 months for passports, but I don't know if that's for new passport applicants. I'm hoping that the wait for a passport renewal is much shorter (like only a few weeks). At this point, I don't care if we don't get an interview date until October. We're expecting our first baby together (I have a 15 y.o. son from a previous relationship), due around Oct. 14. My mother and I are flying over for the birth, arriving Oct. 10 and staying for a month. If at all possible, I plan on being there for the embassy interview (USEM allows for this). I'm sure it will make things go much smoother and will increase the chances of hearing "Approved." If everything goes right, Amy and Ryan/Serena (not sure if it will be a boy or girl, yet (our angel wasn't laying right during the last ultrasound)) will be able to come back with us when we return to Chicago on 11-11-11. Our wedding date is set for January 7, 2012; the first day we met in person. (L)

Good Luck on your Future Ray........You seem to me to be a deep rooted family guy and I congratulate you for that! I only known you for a short time, but to me you seem like a good person, ALWAYS willing to help someone regardless! I hope things work good for you and god bless your family and your newborn to come whether a Girl or Boy! Enjoy yourself in the PI soon. Take care and hope for a Quick approval! Keep in touch!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.