K1MYA

NVC FEES/ VISA VALIDATION PERIOD

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline

Hello All

I did some readings on US Dep OF State website http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#16

but not clear about some issues.

I have 2 set of questions.

"K – Fiance(e) or Spouse of U.S. citizen category visa: $350.00"Us Dep of State website.

Does dependent(s)K2 recipient(s) also pay the same amount each? Assuming Fiancee applied with 2 children, Will the 3 visas

(ONEK1+TWO K2)processing fees be ($340.00x3)=$1020?. Are fees always paid to NVC or also at designated consulate at time of interview?

"Your children may travel with (accompany) you to the United States or travel later (follow-to-join). Like you, your children must travel within the validity of their K-2 visas. Separate petitions are not required if the children accompany or follow to join you within one year from the date of issuance of your K-1 visa." Us Dep of State website.

Usually k1 visa is valid for six (6) months.In other words recipient has six month to enter US. Will children traveling later (follow-to-join) get a k2 visa valid for a year? or travel later (follow-to-join)dependent should go back to consulate @ later date to get his her K2 visa?

I will ready appreciate your answers

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

Hello All

I did some readings on US Dep OF State website http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#16

but not clear about some issues.

I have 2 set of questions.

"K – Fiance(e) or Spouse of U.S. citizen category visa: $350.00"Us Dep of State website.

Does dependent(s)K2 recipient(s) also pay the same amount each? Assuming Fiancee applied with 2 children, Will the 3 visas

(ONEK1+TWO K2)processing fees be ($340.00x3)=$1020?. Are fees always paid to NVC or also at designated consulate at time of interview?

"Your children may travel with (accompany) you to the United States or travel later (follow-to-join). Like you, your children must travel within the validity of their K-2 visas. Separate petitions are not required if the children accompany or follow to join you within one year from the date of issuance of your K-1 visa." Us Dep of State website.

Usually k1 visa is valid for six (6) months.In other words recipient has six month to enter US. Will children traveling later (follow-to-join) get a k2 visa valid for a year? or travel later (follow-to-join)dependent should go back to consulate @ later date to get his her K2 visa?

I will ready appreciate your answers

Thanks

1) yes each person or child being interview will cost $350 and that is paid to the US Embassy in which ever way they require ( either payment at a bank or directly at the embassy)

2)the children get a visa valid for 6 months meaning they have six months to get to the US similarly to the k1 visa. also if they are follow-to join they have one year from the date the K1 visa was issued to request an interview and get a k2 visa issued- after that one year window they are no longer eligible for a k2

i hope that answered your questions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline

1) yes each person or child being interview will cost $350 and that is paid to the US Embassy in which ever way they require ( either payment at a bank or directly at the embassy)

2)the children get a visa valid for 6 months meaning they have six months to get to the US similarly to the k1 visa. also if they are follow-to join they have one year from the date the K1 visa was issued to request an interview and get a k2 visa issued- after that one year window they are no longer eligible for a k2

i hope that answered your questions

Thanks for your response.

What is the procedure to request the K2 visa within the one year window? Is there a specific form to file?.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.