I hate this

White sheet - what does that mean?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When my wife went to the interview at HCMC consulate, they gave her a white sheet half written in English and half written in Vietnamese. Here are what written in English.

==================================================

The Consulate General is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under the following sections of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended:

Section 221 (g) of the Act prohibits the issuance of a visa tho anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with the visa application, or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed petitionable relationship. The following remarks apply in your case:

* PETITIONER: In a sworn, notarized statement, please provide a detailed chronology (timeline) of your relationship. Please explain clearly when and how you first met, how you were introduced and when you began corresponding with each other, when you felt your relationship became serious, date and circumstances of marriage proposal (location, time, place, situation, setting, etc...) Did spouse or fiance(e) propose in person or by phone? Where were you when he or she proposed (give exact location)? Did you accept immediately or ask for time to think about it? If he or she did not officially propose, when did you first discuss marriage? How many trips did you make to Vietnam to visit your spouse or fiance(e)? How many times have ou seen him or her in total? How long did you stay each visit? Please give as many details as possible.

* PETITIONER: In a signed, sworn, notarized statement, please list your current residential address and telephone numbers (home, work and cell). Include all residences for the past ten years, beginning and end date period at each residence, and the full name and date of birth of each person residing with you at each address, along with a description of your relationship with the person ("cousin, spouse, etc")

BENEFICIARY: In a signed, sworn, notarized statement, please list your current residential address and telephone numbers (home, work and cell). Include all residences for the past ten years, beginning and end date period at each residence, and the full name and date of birth of each person residing with you at each address, along with a description of your relationship with the person ("cousin, spouse, etc")

* PETITIONER: In a sworn, notarized statement, please provide the full name, current address, home telephone number, and date and place of birth of your ex-spouse(s). Please provide evidence of his or her current address. Also, please indicate when your ex-spouse immigrated to the United States. Did she immigrate with you? Did someone sponsor her? If so, what is the sponsor's name? Did she come to the United State as a refugee? If so, Please indicate when she left Vietnam, through what camp she immigrated.

================================================================

What does the white sheet mean anyway? Others got pink sheets, some got blue. Do they have specific meanings with those colors?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The document is very specific about what they are asking for... You have an opportunity to submit the requested items and potentially get a pink paper followed by a visa... They could also say that they need some more time after they get those documents so they can make a decision.. or they could deny when they get them...

The thing you need to do now is to address each item that they requested.. Check the VN regional forum for stories of other who have been there done that as these are not uncommon requests...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

From what I read. The interview has been failed, they are requesting a lot more detailed documents from the petitioner and the beneficiary.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiancee was interviewed last October 2010. She got the blue sheet which tell us to do exactly what you had. She turned the requested documents on November 2010. She had waited for 4 hours and got the white sheet finally. White sheet is the denied letter and the case will send back to NVC. My advice is you got to provide more evidences before the submit. Don't just send what are they requested like the 10 years time life living address or the letter to show more detail about the relationship. I did provided exactly what they asked but my wife still got the denied letter. So, I would suggest you to make another trip. Having a big wedding ceremony. Has some body on your side like your parents, your sisters or brothers or closed friend to write the affidavit support for your relationship. Also, let your wife family to write the letter as the witness for your relationship. you still has 1 year from the date they sent out the interview letter to your beneficiary. so don't rush to submit the documents unless you are sure it will a good ground. contact the consulate for the postpone submit and gather more evidences until you have a strong case. Did you file for Form I-129F or Form I130?

Timeline

From what I read. The interview has been failed, they are requesting a lot more detailed documents from the petitioner and the beneficiary.

More than likely its the exwife that is the issue... and likely a recent divorce... This is a common request for documentation if that is the case regardless of the interview... My wife answered every question spot on and they still asked us for the same documents...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

My fiancee was interviewed last October 2010. She got the blue sheet which tell us to do exactly what you had. She turned the requested documents on November 2010. She had waited for 4 hours and got the white sheet finally. White sheet is the denied letter and the case will send back to NVC. My advice is you got to provide more evidences before the submit. Don't just send what are they requested like the 10 years time life living address or the letter to show more detail about the relationship. I did provided exactly what they asked but my wife still got the denied letter. So, I would suggest you to make another trip. Having a big wedding ceremony. Has some body on your side like your parents, your sisters or brothers or closed friend to write the affidavit support for your relationship. Also, let your wife family to write the letter as the witness for your relationship. you still has 1 year from the date they sent out the interview letter to your beneficiary. so don't rush to submit the documents unless you are sure it will a good ground. contact the consulate for the postpone submit and gather more evidences until you have a strong case. Did you file for Form I-129F or Form I130?

they normally include a date to submit the documents... was that they case OP?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.