Luckyhaha

Second time for K1 with the same fiance ,possible ?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone ,

I went through K1 process about 4 months ago , we did spend time living together for 2 weeks but unfortunately we had fights and thought that we were not ready to get married yet at that time , so I went back to my home country. And a few months later we both decided to get back together again so

if we are thinking to do visa again , and if we do K1 again , it will be my second k1 application as beneficiary with the fiance , how possible is it to pass the interview ? What about doing another spouse visa, like K 3 or CR1 ? I heard that it will take longer than K 1 though.

what will be the best recommendation from you guys in our situation? Please we need your help.

Thanks a lot !!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

What happened to your first K1? Did you go through the interview and pass and come on the K1 and then left before you got married? I wouldn't think it would be impossible to get another one, they have to understand that people break up and reconcile. I'm not sure on the specifics about what would be different applying for another K1 with the same person though.

POE: 5/17/2011

Wedding: 5/21/2011

AOS Mailed: 6/17/2011

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

EAD approved 8/22/2011 :)

AOS Approved 9/14/2011 :) :) :)

USCIS Free till 2013!!!!!!!!! :)

yes u will do fine.. just make an IMBRA letter req. for a waiver... u are good to go again the k1 petition... good luck... :innocent::star::thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Hi everyone ,

I went through K1 process about 4 months ago , we did spend time living together for 2 weeks but unfortunately we had fights and thought that we were not ready to get married yet at that time , so I went back to my home country. And a few months later we both decided to get back together again so

if we are thinking to do visa again , and if we do K1 again , it will be my second k1 application as beneficiary with the fiance , how possible is it to pass the interview ? What about doing another spouse visa, like K 3 or CR1 ? I heard that it will take longer than K 1 though.

what will be the best recommendation from you guys in our situation? Please we need your help.

Thanks a lot !!

You can file again, but if you file within 2 years of the first petition you would have to file a IMBRA waiver request telling them why they should let you file withing the 2 years.

Since you ask for recommendation, something for you to think about, if you had that many fights that you only spent 2 weeks together, do you think a couple months apart have solved this problem. I'm not asking, just giving you something to think about.

I don't believe K3 is available.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

ditto- no reason to jump the gun. I don't think a lot of people realize what an extreme hardship this is if things don't work out. I.e. The petitioner really is signing their life away for 10 years whether it works out or not. I just don't think a lot of people understand that. I know for me, I waited 5 years with my fiance to finally file. Not because I have any doubts at all. More because... what's the rush?

You can file again, but if you file within 2 years of the first petition you would have to file a IMBRA waiver request telling them why they should let you file withing the 2 years.

Since you ask for recommendation, something for you to think about, if you had that many fights that you only spent 2 weeks together, do you think a couple months apart have solved this problem. I'm not asking, just giving you something to think about.

I don't believe K3 is available.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.