Mrsm31

Documentation question for Jamaican filer

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What all documents do my husband need to send to nvc from Jamaica

And do he need to send them a police background????

Well he is actually sending me all the documents I am going to act as his agent..

we are really worried about the police documents because he lives all the way in ocho rios and got to get his police certificate way in kingston then he said it going to take about 2wks to get the paperwork from them then it he has to send it to me that going to take another 3 or 4 wks to get it (jamaicans that are reading this is there a quick way for hm to get his police record and to send it to me quicker in mail??

Last thing do he need a job letter from his job???

Thank in advance

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi MrsM

Yes, they all have to go to Kingston to get it. My husband had never even been to town before we did our K1 2 years ago.

He's been at least 5 times since then and he lives all the way over by Negril... Jamaica nah easy!

He will be ok just have him go and get it done asap.

Have him pay the $2000J for the express (1 week) service and then have him send it to you DHL or FedEx.

Here is an address of a FedEx authorized shipping location in Ochi:

Tara Courier Services Ltd.

17 Main Street

Ocho Rios

Tel: (876) 975-3723

*my husband sends me letters and documents via Air Mail and it usually takes about 2 weeks to arrive. Better than the regular JA post, but still risky with something so important imo.

To get the police certificate:

You must apply in person at this address:

Ministry of National Security

Mutual Life Building - North Tower

2 Oxford Road, Ground Floor

Kingston 5

Jamaica

For your application, you will need:

your valid passport

two identical passport-size photographs

pay the applicable fees. Fees are $1000JMD (normal service) or $2000JMD (express 1 week service). Note that Fees are subject to change.

You will be issued a receipt, which you must then bring to:

The Criminal Records Office

Police Certificate Section

34 Duke Street, Kingston

Jamaica

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_get_jamaican_police_clearance_certificate#ixzz1KhK33t9v

He will also need to send the DS230 pt 1 (signed) and pt 2 (unsigned)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Last thing do he need a job letter from his job???

Thank in advance

no

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Timeline

Hi MrsM

Yes, they all have to go to Kingston to get it. My husband had never even been to town before we did our K1 2 years ago.

He's been at least 5 times since then and he lives all the way over by Negril... Jamaica nah easy!

He will be ok just have him go and get it done asap.

Have him pay the $2000J for the express (1 week) service and then have him send it to you DHL or FedEx.

Here is an address of a FedEx authorized shipping location in Ochi:

Tara Courier Services Ltd.

17 Main Street

Ocho Rios

Tel: (876) 975-3723

*my husband sends me letters and documents via Air Mail and it usually takes about 2 weeks to arrive. Better than the regular JA post, but still risky with something so important imo.

To get the police certificate:

He will also need to send the DS230 pt 1 (signed) and pt 2 (unsigned)

Thank you so much JAPrinces if you do not mind helping me what are the exact all documents my husband need to send to me beside his police record?????

I got his birth certificate, our marriage license, copy of his passport

we are working on his passport pictures and his police records anything else???

now as far as the ds203 sorry if i misspelled it I am going to make him up a email address I am going to fill it all out act like I am him and sign it now when it time to sign it do I actually need a signature meaning i have to print the form out, sign it, and then scan it then email it??? or can i just fill out on the computer by filling it all in???

You and ricardo are the bomb!!!!! I am going to add you as a friend you given me so much information!!!

no

Ricard I been trying to find you on here and i hit you up on yahoo I would love to chat with you and thank for the info :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ricard I been trying to find you on here and i hit you up on yahoo I would love to chat with you and thank for the info :)

I gave you my yahoo email.. you can try me there on messenger.. i am online now.. i'm not sure the one u used. i am going to slip away on a phone call .. lol "long distance call.." I will box you my email and #. dont forget i get into Atlanta Thursday Night ..

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.