Lizz&Mohamed

USCIS ~ Re-Affirms our CR1 Case (1yr 7days later)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hamdilullah!

1Year and 7days USCIS, California Service Center "Re-Affirms" our CR1 case, only after Homeland Security interviewed me (March 2011) and submitted their report findings to USCIS! This has been the most exausting both physically and emotionally experience I've had to face. This year certainly tested our marriage/commitment/love for one another because for most of the year, USCIS did nothing to process our case. Only with endless calls to both USCIS and my Congresswoman's office, who began to apply a more firm tone with USCIS on the status of my case, did I begin to see action. Homeland Security interviewed me in March 2011 and on April 21, 2011, USCIS contacted me with their decision to "re-affirm" and push forward our case.

I know the battle has not been won yet but I have been revived some for the next hurdle in the process! My case is now being returned back to NVC, so that they can log in our case and forward it back the Embassy in Cairo, for the scheduling of a 2nd interview. It is my hope that with my pressence in the 2nd interview (BIG mistake on my part, not being there with my husband during his 1st interview-told to me by Homeland Security), it is my hope during 2nd interview the CO, can see the legitimacy of our marriage and commitment/love for one another.

My concern now will also be with the Embassy in Cairo and given what has happened in Egypt with the overthrow of Mubarak, when the U.S. Embassy in Cairo begin to conduct Visas again???

I hope my story gives anyone who finds themselves in the same situation - HOPE and the will to carry on.

Thank you for reading my update.

Lizz&Mohamed

Edited by Lizz&Mohamed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hamdilullah!

1Year and 7days USCIS, California Service Center "Re-Affirms" our CR1 case, only after Homeland Security interviewed me (March 2011) and submitted their report findings to USCIS! This has been the most exausting both physically and emotionally experience I've had to face. This year certainly tested our marriage/commitment/love for one another because for most of the year, USCIS did nothing to process our case. Only with endless calls to both USCIS and my Congresswoman's office, who began to apply a more firm tone with USCIS on the status of my case, did I begin to see action. Homeland Security interviewed me in March 2011 and on April 21, 2011, USCIS contacted me with their decision to "re-affirm" and push forward our case.

I know the battle has not been won yet but I have been revived some for the next hurdle in the process! My case is now being returned back to NVC, so that they can log in our case and forward it back the Embassy in Cairo, for the scheduling of a 2nd interview. It is my hope that with my pressence in the 2nd interview (BIG mistake on my part, not being there with my husband during his 1st interview-told to me by Homeland Security), it is my hope during 2nd interview the CO, can see the legitimacy of our marriage and commitment/love for one another.

My concern now will also be with the Embassy in Cairo and given what has happened in Egypt with the overthrow of Mubarak, when the U.S. Embassy in Cairo begin to conduct Visas again???

I hope my story gives anyone who finds themselves in the same situation - HOPE and the will to carry on.

Thank you for reading my update.

Lizz&Mohamed

I am so happy to hear about your reaffirmed case congratulations Liz. love always wins. i hope ours will be reaffirmed to it gives me so much hope to read this kind of good news.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, I thought you might want to see the schedule at the embassy http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/iv8.html Good luck To You :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Lizz! I am so happy to see that you and Moh haven't given up the fight!!

I hope he gets his 2nd interview quickly!!!

Good luck girl!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

iam so happy for u sister my case sent back to uscis from 10 monthes ago AND we still waiting to see whats happened i just want know some stuff did u keep calling some body to make them look at ur case or u just waited cuz when we call congreswoman she say call lawyer and uscis get the same answer always and how home land security set up date for interview u by phone or u gone to them or they come to u and what was the qustions they asked to u iam really sorry tio ask u all this iam just so excited and feel great for u wait ur answer sister

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.