Paul + Tonieta

Advice Scheduling Interview and Medical (USEM/Manila)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was only asked for my full name as written on my passport and my passport number, and also which visa I was applying for. To be safe, just ask her to take note of the case number. We never really know what instruction was given to the person she will deal with in the bank.

In addition to above, they looked at my passport to verify and asked for the photocopy for them to keep. I was not asked for the case number.

XoxoHannah

“Faith makes all things possible.... love makes all things easy.”

OUR VISA JOURNEY:

October 1, 2010 - He sent the 129F

October 7, 2010 – NOA 1

November 11, 2010 – touched

March 23, 2011 - NOA2

March 31, 2011 – NVC received

April 4, 2011 – NVC sent case to Manila

April 13, 2011 – US Embassy Manila received

April 28-29, 2011 – Medical at SLMEC

May 6, 2011- my interview - approved

May 13, 2011 - visa received

May 16, 2011- CFO

May 17, 2011 - left for US, POE Detroit

GJb1p8.png

K4uZp8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi :)

I paid my visa last April 18. They only asked for my passport, photocopy of passport and payment. I was thinking that the MNL# is a requirement too but they never asked for it but I wrote it in a piece of paper when I went to the bank. I went home quickly to check VJ after paying the visa cuz I thought I did something wrong because they didn't ask for my MNL # but the filipina VJers told me that the MNL # isn't needed when paying the visa. I'm just sharing my experience tongue.gifcool.gif

Good luck!

Our K1 Visa Timeline

AOS

08-30-2011 - AOS/EAD packet sent

09-12-2011 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD with 09-08 notice date

10-11-2011 - Biometrics appointment (appointment letter received on 09/19)

11-03-2011 - EAD card production request

11-14-2011 - EAD in the mail

12-08-2011 - Interview date (e-mail notification date 11/08) APPROVED!

12-13-2011 - Card production ordered

12-14-2011 - Card mailed to our address

12-17-2011 - Got gc in the mailbox! Valid until 12/13/2013 <wonderful christmas gift>

**No more USCIS for two years**

Timeline

Thanks to all. I talked to Tonieta last night.

We decided she will make two separate trips. Do the medical 1st then later do the embassy interview. This will give me time to get the 1-134 and support proofs over to her.

By the way I noticed that St Lukes has an online registration. A preregistration that is supposed to save time for the applicant not an appointment. Did any one use it?

Good luck to you all and thanks again.

Aloha............................Paul

Hello Chillcy. I've read somewhere here in VJ that on the second day you'll know if you passed the medical, or if there will be additional tests. I have thought of doing it on the 2nd of May as well, but I realized I should give extra days in between. I'll update you as soon as it's done. Hope we'll both make it :dancing: and see each other on the 6th.

What time is your interview sched? im on 6:30... i hope everything goes well and i can get the result the next day.. i wanted to go for medical earlier like your date too but just hard to do it coz im working.. i will just wait maybe u can update.. anyways, take care and good luck to both of us.. hoping to see u there too.. :)

Aloha all,

Prettyjan said in her post Tonieta will fill out a paper. Does that mean there is a form at BPI to fill out that she will write the number on? Xoxo maybe I misunderstood but I thought your post said they did not ask your MNL number. You can see now why I am asking so many questions I would feel bad telling her somethong and then have go and find out something different. I wil tell her to bring both her passport and a copy though.

Chillcy how about you? Did you also just pay BPI? What did you bring to the bank. So far it looks like just the passport, a photocopy of the main passport page, the fee and then maybe a form at the bank on which you write the MNL number. WE will probably try to set up the Monday, Friday dates like you.

I just texted Tonieta so we'll talk at the cafe tonight and she can see all the help that you have all been. It is much clearer to me now. Thank you............................Paul

Actually no.. my husband paid my visa online and its much easier.. he mailed me the receipt and i printed it.. so i was confused about that, why u have to pay at BPI. well i think, maybe coz im on CR1 visa. but my husband said that it says on NVC that there are only two ways to pay visa through online or by sending it.. so maybe it depends on the case.. not really familiar with the K visa process..

You all have probably seen this link. It tells you about how to supply proof of payment when you go for your interview. My fiancee is also from Cebu (Lapu-Lapu City). Anyone intereted in contacting her, send me an email on our prifile and she will respond. We are also discussing how to do the medical and interview, one trip or two. I think two is safer, in case there is a problem with the medical.

Also, Annie's daughter, my new daughter :D will go to Manila as K2. It's my understanding that Annie will need two-three days for medical, for TB test results and our daughter only one. So my bayaw (or Lola) will go to Manila with her.

My linkManila Docs Required

Edited by Scott & Annie

You all have probably seen this link. It tells you about how to supply proof of payment when you go for your interview. My fiancee is also from Cebu (Lapu-Lapu City). Anyone intereted in contacting her, send me an email on our prifile and she will respond. We are also discussing how to do the medical and interview, one trip or two. I think two is safer, in case there is a problem with the medical.

Also, Annie's daughter, my new daughter :D will go to Manila as K2. It's my understanding that Annie will need two-three days for medical, for TB test results and our daughter only one. So my bayaw (or Lola) will go to Manila with her.

My linkManila Docs Required

Sorry...I mis-spoke...actually our daughter needs the extra time for reading the TB skin test, not Mom.

Timeline

My Fiancee just paid her fee at BPI --all she presented was her passport and gived them the money .They did not ask for a MNL case no.

I have enjoyed reading your thread. Lileth and I was just received our NOA2 and was wondering how long does it take before Manila gets her packet from NVC? Also, once Manila has it how long before she gets her packet? Any information you can share is helpful.

One thing is for sure....this is not an easy process to do. It seems it is different for each person. So, any help is appreciated...

Bob ~ Lileth

Timeline

Today, my fiancee made a payment at a BPI branch in Cebu. I gave her the MNL number, but she texted me that the bank teller did not ask for it or need it. My fiancee made no mention of the passport, but I did not ask.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.